There is a traditional approach to hobbies in the Sims Universe, an orderly and predictable one in which the process by which a new Hobby is initiated starts with a quest or mission - and in the case of Quilting this begins with the basic requirement of level - that is to say that before you can even begin to begin you must have reached Level 23.
Mission: In Stitches
To activate the Quilting Hobby you will first need to flag and complete the Mission called "In Stitches" - an action that you will find comes automagically once you have completed the Family Tree and Life Dreams & Legacy Missions.
- Call a friend using a phone (3m)
- Bring a Sim to the Town Park (Instant)
- Gaze serenely on a Park Bench (22h)
- Ask a Sim about the serene gaze (12h)
- Bake an Apple Pie (40m)
- Give some pie to another Sim (1h)
- Feed the Ducks (Adult = 15m / Toddler = 5m)
- Paint a Picture (3h)
- Freak out over Amazing Picture (1m)
- Draw out a Chess Game (1d)
- High-Five a Sim (1s)
- Call the Old Sim back (11h)
- Get overexcited at another Sim (1m)
- Search for Quilting Online (5h 30m)
- Drive to the Quilt Fair (1d)
- Make a Fancy Coffee (3m)
- Grow Potatoes (2h)
- Heat Hands in Warm Water (14m)
- Play ‘Quilting Mama’ Game on TV (10h)
- Get the Quilting Kit (Instant / Cost = $2,500)
After you fully complete In Stitches, you will thereafter have full access to the Quilting Hobby for all of your Seniors, and how cool is that?
Note: The above quest-line does NOT require the use of the same Sim(s) - any Sim(s) can complete the various quests that make up this series.
- - - - - - - - - - = = - - - - - - - - - - = * = - - - - - - - - - - = = - - - - - - - - - -
Quilting Ranks / Levels
To participate in the Quilting Hobby, once it has been unlocked via its special quest, you must purchase the Quilting Hobby Kit from the Hobby Store in town and place that in the house of the Senior Sim you mean to participate in this hobby.
As with all of the other hobbies there are six (6) XP Levels to the hobby. These are:
Sewings'' Secret Weapon
The Needle Master
The actual collection, like the other collections, is segmented in two ways - by Level and by Horizontal Rank. The following are the Level Segments for the Collection:
(1) By Level:
(2) By Rank:
- Level 1-1: In Bloom
- Level 1-2: Eternal Struggle
- Level 2-1: Rigorous Splendor
- Level 2-2: Blue Overalls
- Level 3-1: Yule Be Black
- Level 3-2: Trade Secret
- Level 4-1: Architect
- Level 4-2: Brown Fury
- Level 5-1: True Believer[
- Level 5-2: All the Kings Men
- Level 6-1: Telltale Heart
- Level 6-2: Alf's Deceit
- Rank 1: In Bloom / Eternal Struggle / Rigorous Splendor (750 XP)
- Rank 2: Blue Overalls / Yule Be Black / Trade Secret (1,000 XP)
- Rank 3: The Architect / Brown Fury / True Believer (1,500 XP)
- Rank 4: All the Kings Men / Telltale Heart / Alf's Deceit (2,000 XP)
Completing the above horizontal ranks will result in unlocking special prizes -- bearing in mind that the Quilting Hobby is slightly different in its collection completion scheme than the other hobbies, having more than just one special prize on offer for completion.
There are four (4) unique completion goals for this hobby's collection, which once unlocked are then able to be purchased in the Home Store, the chair and couch under the Living Room Menu, and the bed under the Bedroom Menu.
These are 3-Star Quilted Furniture, and they are:
- Complete Collection x1 Reward = Lazy Patch Chair (Unlocked - buy for $10K)
- Complete Collection x2 Reward = Patchpouri Couch (Unlocked - buy for $12,500)
- Complete Collection x3 Reward = Quiltinator 5000 (Unlocked - buy for $15K)
- Complete Collection x4 Reward = x3 LP (This award repeats thereafter)
Bear in mind that you can actually start, participate, and complete these collections by using the kit in your neighbor's town of you lack the capability to do so in your own. Just saying...