A collection of 12 different ghosts means there are plenty to capture
Exploring the paranormal and hunting down ghosts is just the ticket for your serious X-Files Fan Sim, and Thanks
to some ghostly endowed bits of furnishing that, when placed in a Sim's home can spawn the occasional ghost Event
- an event you will know is there due to the flashing lights and spooky sound effects - why then you simply need only tap on the haunted furnishing and order your Sim to start hunting ghosts!
Once the ghost has been "found" you are prompted to quickly tap on it three times before it gets away so that your Sim can capture and collect it!
While you can use any of the Haunted Objects
as the starting point, I decided to choose the "Books of the Dead" bookcase as the example for this part - but whichever you choose, be sure that you place it in your Sim's home so that you can tap it and select the following:
- Search for Ghosts (3m 30s / 7 XP)
As they Hunt Ghosts they will unlock the following six levels:
Completing the collection for the first time scores you an awesome Ghost Storage Unit!
The Ghost Hunting Collection
- Set 1: Pumpernickel Scaresalot + Mr. Flapsworth + Nanny Frightsmith = 750 XP
- Set 2: Chewy Chewfinger + Warts Cauldron + Gruesome Gretchen = 1,000 XP
- Set 3: Cousin Flapsworth + Huffenstuff + Cackles = 1,500 XP
- Set 4: Hugo Argh + Flapsworth Jnr. + Hoodoo = 2,000 XP
- Set 5: Horrible Helga + Ghoulio + Hack-O-Lantern = 3,000 XP
- Set 6: Beetlegeist + Fright In Shining Armour + Lord of Flapsworth Manor = 5,000 XP
Collect all 18 ghosts types and unlock the Ghost Containment Tank! It's just like a Giant Lava Lamp, only it is HUGE and it contains all of the ghosts you have captured. Your Sims
can interact with it as well, either looking at it or being hypnotized by it. Yeah, just like a Lava Lamp!
Special Ghost Hunting Event
When your Sim detects a ghost you will see a red Ghost Icon - and tapping that causes the ghost to appear in their home. After that you need to tap the ghost three times in order to capture it.
Improving Ghost Hunting Results
While most of the hobbies tend to be a long grind when it comes to crafting the special Items
that are required in order to complete their collection Event
, that is not really the case with Ghost Hunting, largely due to how the Hobby
Basically the "trigger" for the haunting and so the Ghosts that are found focus upon the "Haunted Items
" with which the "Ghost House" is furnished. The more of the items you have present in the house and on its lot, the better the results you get.
In addition the more Sims
you have on the property actively hunting for Ghosts the better results, which is something to keep in mind. Another factor you may wish to consider is that the rewards in XP
and Cash seem to be better and come faster the more people you have actively hunting ghosts on the same property and at the same time...
Mashing those pesky ghosts with a finger is the point to the capture game
The following Items
make up the Haunted Objects
Collection that can be used in decorating your Ghost Hunter's home - the result being to increase the outcome of your haunted hunting:
- Bedroom: Coffin Bed (3-Star / 6 LP)
- Bedroom: Coffin Dresser (2013-Star / $1300)
- Living Room: Coffin Bookcase (1-Star / $200)
- Living Room: Haunted Fireplace (2013-Star / 7 LP)
- Living Room: Haunted Coffee Table (2013-Star / $200)
- Decorations: Haunted Painting, Girl (2013-Star / 1 LP)
- Decorations: Haunted Painting, Scene (2013-Sar / 1 LP)
- Decorations: Haunted Painting, Gourds (2013-Star / 1 LP)
- Decorations: Haunted Painting, Cat (2013-Star / 1 LP)
- Decorations: Haunted Wall Ring with Manacles (2013-Star / $180)
- Decorations: Haunted Candle Planter (2013-Star / $10,000)
- Decorations: Haunted Skeleton Statue (2013-Star / 60 LP)
- Lighting: Haunted Jack-O-Lantern (2013-Star / $1000)
- Lighting: Haunted Skeleton Lamp (2013-Star / 4 LP)
- House > Windows Tab: Haunted Window (2013-Star / $850
- House > Door Tab: Haunted Door (2013-Star / $1500)
- Outdoor Decorations: Haunted Scarecrow (2013-Star / $7500)
- Trees, Plants & Flowers: Haunted Black Rose Planter (2013-Star / $1000)
The more haunted Items
you have the better the results and, according to the rumor, the more likely you are to find a rare ghost to capture!
The complete collection - if you are interested - will cost you 81 Life Points and $22,880 Simoleons
, that is assuming that you only buy one of each item... Yeah, the Haunted Jack-O-Lantern almost begs you to have at least six, right?
Completing the Ghost Collection again and again rewards you with Life Points!
Collecting Your Ghost Hunter Reward
Now that you have captured one of each type of Ghost (well done by the way) you have unlocked the Ghost Containment System - which any fan of Ghostbusters knows is the big glowing thingy into which you place all of the ghosts that you have captured so that they can no longer terrorize the world.
That worthwhile prize can be found in the Decorations Tab of the in-game store, at the way back and it will cost you just $8,000 Simoleons
! Bearing in mind that it is a very high quality item (3-Stars don't you know?) it is probably worth that $8K - just saying.
So go claim that puppy and then place it in your newly crowned Master Ghost Hunter's home as the rightful trophy that it is!
After you have unlocked the special prize for completing the collection, each time you complete the collection in the future you will receive 5LP as your reward in its place.
Post-Death Ghost Hunting
of Finite Life Spans
in the game has changed the way that the game is playing, and has had significant impact on the hobbies as well as other Activities
in the game.
While most of the hobbies have been impacted in a negative way, with players choosing to be more careful about how they use them, Ghost Hunting is the rare exception for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that it is still the easiest and in terms of time the cheapest Hobby
to use for LP
That was true prior to the Introduction
and Finite Life Spans
, and it remains true today. Having four dedicated Ghost Hunting Sims
who have each mastered the Hobby
is the fastest most efficient method for farming LP
via a hobby collection. If we ever devise a better method we will, of course, share that with you, but for now this remains the go-to method for LP farming.