Kingdom Hearts Guide
Traverse Town: Second Visit
Theme Music: Traverse Town
Battle Music: Hand in Hand
Good level: 20
Recommended level: 21
Here we are again. This time, there's not as much to do, but it's probably going to take longer still. We're after the Keyhole to the planets heart.
Heart of the World
Enemies: Shadow, Soldier, Large Body, Blue Rhapsody, Yellow Opera,
Green Requiem, Red Nocturne, Air Soldier
Boss: Opposite Armor
Items: Earthshine, Old Book, Mega-Ether, Postcard x2
Save points: 2 A-type
- Blue #10
- Red #1, 2, 3
Dalmatians: 4-6, 10-12
Traverse Town: First District
Red Trinity #1
- Our first stop is Red Trinity #1 in the First District. It is located in the ally where you first woke up at, to the left of the Accessory Shop. Using this Trinity breaks the wall and grants access to Dalmatians 4-6.
Now we need to get to the main section of the Allyway through Second District.
Traverse Town: Allyway
Red Trinity #2
- There is a Red Trinity at the far end of the ally in the water. It breaks down the bars that lead into the Secret Waterway.
Traverse Town: Secret Waterway
Swim through the water to reach Leon. Talk to him twice. He'll first tell you to talk to Cid, then he'll give you the Earthshine.
- Remember that broken electrical conduit from the last visit? Target it and use Thunder to bring power to the Gizmo Shop.
- Next, at the opposite side of the area, look for a door with a flame design on it. Target it and use fire to open the door into the Mystical House.
Traverse Town: Mystical House
The path over to the house is tricky. You have to jump on the rocks to get there, but just as you jump the next rock will start moving from side to side. It might take a couple tries to get over there safely.
You find that the main entrance is boarded up, so circle the house clockwise to find an alternate entrance.
- Inside, the house is empty, and you get another vision of Kairi before Merlin shows up. Talk to him and give him the book. Further, he gives you the option to practice Magic anytime you want. As much combat experience as you have, I don't think this would be too helpful to you.
Anyway, next talk to the FairGodmother to turn Earthshine into a Summon (Simba).
There is a Blue Trinity near the save point. I would have a picture, but everything is all blurry because of the all the dark blue/black in the picture. I'm sure you can find it (Blue Trinity #10).
With that done, go back to Third District.
Traverse Town: Third District
- You have a run in with Rikku, which in a minute is somehow turned into a bad thing in some twisted bizarre-o world. That aside, look for the house that now has it's lights on near the entrance to Second District.
Inside, talk to Cid again. He'll tell you your ship is ready, and to meet him at his regular job in First District. But first, we have unfinished business in Second District.
Traverse Town: Second District
- We're going to the Dalmatians house to pick up payment for all the puppies we've rescued! What, you thought we were doing that out of the good of our hearts? Pfft, forget that. The Dalmatians house is located in an ally under and to the right of the Gizmo Shop.
As prize so far, you get two good weapon gummies and a new cockpit. Yay us! The prizes get better the more you rescue, but there aren't any more in Traverse Town you can get to for now.
- Head into the recently powered-up Gizmo Shop. You'll see all the gears are now turning and the faces are lit. Fight off the waves of Heartless first to get them out of the way. Now use the extendable platforms to reach the walls of the shop. On top of the walls, you'll see little raised platforms. When you walk on one, it will lower and complete a circuit.
Postcard #7, 8
- Activate all three (one at a time, of course), then look at the large clock face in the center of the shop. The hands should be spinning rapidly. When they stop (at 6:54), examine the clock to receive two Postcards.
Red Trinity #3
- Exit the Gizmo Shop and go up on the roof. There is a Red Trinity Mark at the back of the roof that leads to the bell. You'll have to beat all the Heartless before using it. Once you do, walk inside and pull the bell cord three times till the Keyhole is visible.
Don't panic, you still have time to save before the boss fight. Just don't get too close to the Keyhole and you'll be fine. Wonder back to First District, save, and come back.
Boss: Opposite Armor
Stage 1: Guard Armor
The fight starts as the same old Guard Armor you fought before. It's even easier this time, as you're more powerful but he isn't. After his health reaches about half down on the green bar, stage 2 starts.
Stage 2: Opposite Armor
This is where the real battle starts. For some reason, flipping around makes him far more powerful. His attacks are still basically the same, but there is slightly more variation, like his swooping attack. He can also detach all of his limbs and attack independently, which doesn't really change the fight that much. He does have one attack he likes to spam, and that's his Shadow Ball, which is really easy to see coming and really easy to dodge in time. It cant be deflected though, so don't bother. His feet (well, I guess they're arms now) should still be your primary focus, followed by his arms, and finally his chest.
After the battle, you get the new magic spell Aero... which is pretty useless in its level 1 form.
Well anyway, go talk to Cid in the First District outside the Accessory Shop (which is why I think that building is his old store). He'll give you a free Gummi. Talk to him again and he'll try to install the Navi-G piece. A third time to actually shop there. I'd buy the Com LV 2 and a Fira-G for more speed. Don't bother with weapon gummies till you're sure you still need them after upgrading will all the new gummies you got during this trip.
Upon leaving the world, you'll also get a message about a new tournament at Olympus Coliseum, which you could probably do now if you want. See the Coliseum section for more details-