Persona 5 Strikers is not a short game but fans will be glad to know that more content is available after clearing the base game. A lot of replay value is added in the game’s New Game+ mode which gives players the option to retain their levels, gear, Compendium, and more from the previous playthrough. These features that can be carried over will be needed by players who want to tackle the New Game+ exclusive “Risky” difficulty - which is the hardest difficulty setting the game has to offer.In this page, we will discuss the method of unlocking New Game+ and what features you can carry over when starting a new playthrough in New Game+.
How to unlock New Game Plus?
Unlocking New Game+ is not a straightforward task. Normally, simply clearing the game once gives you this option. In Persona 5 Strikers however, you’ll have to do the following steps:
1. Beat the main game to get a “Game Cleared” saved data.
2. Load that game cleared save to enter the post-game world, right before you fight the final boss.
3. Talk to Lavenza
of the Velvet Room
to receive a new series of Requests (Painful Past) where you have to defeat the stronger version of each jail’s monarch.
3. After defeating all Monarchs, you’ll get the request to defeat the Reaper.
4. Defeat the Reaper and you’ll unlock New Game Plus mode, along with the Risky difficulty.
What is carried over in New Game Plus?
Now that you know how to unlock New Game+, here’s the list of features from your original playthrough that can be carried over and new features that will become available in New Game+.
* Risky/Merciless difficulty will become available, which is the highest difficulty of the game. Be warned that you can’t change your difficulty once you’ve selected this.
* All party members’ levels will be carried over. It’s recommended to have at least LV70 to unlock a trophy. This is also a good starting level if you’re planning to tackle the Risky difficulty.
* All equipment acquired or purchased from the previous clear will be retained, allowing your party to start off with the best gear at the start of New Game+.
* All personas registered and fused in the Velvet Room
will be retained.
* Joker’s Persona stock will be carried over.
* Sophia (Sophie) will start off with Pandora (true form) as her persona. Her stats and skills from the post-game will be retained as soon as she joins the party.
* Zenkichi (Wolf) becomes playable in the first jail, though the story where he should join later in the game will not be changed.
* Lucifer can now be fused via the Velvet Room
. You can only fuse Lucifer in New Game+.
That concludes our quick guide regarding Persona 5 Strikers’ New Game+ option. Please check out our other guide pages for more helpful tips and tidbits about this outstanding action RPG.