Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Bose
Thank you for printing this page from www.SuperCheats.com.
Remember to come back to check for updates to this guide and much more content for Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Bose.
Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Bose Walkthrough
This boss can be found in old Miltia Ad Tower after defeating Dark Erde Kaiser.
Recommended Abilities: Spear Coat, Combo Boost, Overload, Focus I, EP Regen, EP Half, HP Mind 10. Inner Peace, Ether Burst
- Baal's Wrath (Thunder, H Bind) 600 - 700 HP damage (Target: All)
- Hedge Smash (Slash, Strike, Fire) 800 1000+ HP damage (Target: Single)
- Heca Strike (Slash, Strike, Thunder) 700 - 1000+ HP damage (Target: Single)
- Baten Kaitos (Slash, Strike, Fire) 1000 - 1300 HP damage (Target: Single)
- Aqua Regia (L Poison) 3000 - 4000 HP damage (Target: Single)
- Baal's Curse - Casting (Disables "Move" command) (Target: All)
- Baal's Curse - Release (Restores use of move command)
- Triple Aqua Regia - Same with Aqua Regia (Targets 3 random spots on the field)
- Destruction at Great Cost ("Eyes shine emerald green") Weak zone changes to CCCC
- Destruction at Great Cost ("Eyes darken to pitch black") Weak zone changes to BBBB
- Destruction at Great Cost ("Eyes return to a mix of colors") Weak zone changes to BCBC
My recommended party for this battle: Jr., Jin & MOMO. One other thing that makes this battle really difficult, other than Baal Zebul's powerful attacks, is that this boss initially has "Break Block". The only way to exploit its weak zone is to either attack it from behind or, wait for it to relax its defense -- this happens after you hit it with strike and pierce-type offensives a few times. But take note that "Break Block" comes back up real quick. (Usually after 1 turn)
Aqua Regia is Baal's most powerful attack, but it is also the one that's easiest to avoid. When Baal spews some bile, the camera focuses on the character that is being targeted. Simply move him/her to a different spot on the field, so that the bile falls on an empty space.
Now make sure that you keep your boost gauge full at all times, by casting Boost I. Stock your characters to full. Cast Ice Sword on your party, then Attacker on Jr. and Jin. As for MOMO, cast Ether Spear instead. Move Jin to the back. And then have him (Jin) break and send the boss up in the Air (Can only be done with Combo Boost) Once that's done, try to do as much "AC Ice" chains as possible. Since the more Ice chains you do, the higher the damage becomes with each shot.
Once Baal starts using Baal's Curse, cast Annihilation on it immediately, since you really wouldn't want the Move command to be locked up for too long. Also remember that Baal Zebul can counterboost, so good timing for chained attacks is crucial. You must not allow it to interfere with your assaults. Just keep repeating the strategy provided in the third paragraph.