Salt and Sacrifice Crimes Guide
When you initially create a character in Salt and Sacrifice you will get special starting items when you choose certain crimes. The game does not explain any of these starting items and the benefit they grant. Take a look at our Crimes Guide to find out what each one does.
What are Crimes
In total there are 12 different Crimes in Salt and Sacrifice and they each grant an item bonus, some of which offer some sort of effect that can be used throughout the game. Listed below are each of the crimes and what you will receive when choosing each of them.
Starting Item:Phlogiston Decoction (x3)
- Ranged explosive that spreads fire upon impact.
Starting Item:Fire Bomb (x5)
- Ranged attack that explodes upon impact.
Starting Item:Censer of Harmony
- Wearable ring that causes creatures to attack hostile invaders.
Starting Item:Cutthroat's Dagger
- Wearable ring that increases maximum stamina.
Starting Item:Cracked Wineskin (x5)
- Can be consumed to heal.
Starting Item:Forged Deed
- Key item that can be sold to Shopkeeper Arnald at Pardoner's Vale.
Starting Item:Krine Tablet
- Can be redeemed for 5 Dawnlight Tokens that can be exchanged for armor and weapons from Sunlight Knight Beatrice.
Starting Item:Lock of Hair
- Can be used to upgrade weapons
Starting Item:Signal Lantern
- Can be traded to Blueheart Runners faction NPC in Treachers' Grotto for 5 Gray Starstones.
Starting Item:Signet Ring
- Bring to Watcher Oman in Pardoner’s Vale for a Gray Starstone.
Starting Item:Bag of Silver
- Used to obtain 1000 Silver.
Starting Item:Wooden Doll
- Can be traded to Herbalist Shanna for a Gray Starstone.
The Best Crime
Some of the items you get from Crimes will be more useful than others during your journey in Salt and Sacrifice. If you are undecided as to which Crime to pick it is recommended that you go for a Crime that provides a key item. Forgery (Forged Deed), Heresy (Krine Tablet), Lasciviousness (Lock of Hair), Smuggling (Signal Lantern), and Vagrancy (Wooden Doll) are all good choices as they will unlock a lot of RPG elements later on in the game.
Take a look at our Beginner Tips and Tricks
to get help in Salt and Sacrifice.