Fairy Tale is an action RPG that ties in with story arcs from the manga/anime series. These include the Tenrou Island, Grand Magic Games, Tartaros, and Avatar arcs. The objective of Fairy Tale is to restore your guild to its former glory. Throughout your journey you will be able to form a party from a selection of over ten iconic characters. Fairy Tale is available on Playstation 4, Switch, and PC. Take a look at our walkthrough and guide to get help in the game.
Got a cheat or hot tip for this game? Found a secret, or a strategy for success?
How to effectively farm materials and EXP
Once you've reached Chapter 7, you'll eventually be able to participate in Link Hunts. This system allows you to fight several enemies on the field at once. Hold down the button to adjust the enemies' strength and wipe out the enemies you've drawn in according to their level. Enemies drawn by Link Hunt are more powerful and will form packs so be careful not to link a lot since you'll end up getting wiped out. Successfully defeating them will yield a LOT of EXP and materials.
The game's battle system is quite forgivable and most of the time, you won't have problems plowing through enemies. However, here are some tips you can consider just in case you feel like enemies are giving your party a hard time.
* Level up - Complete requests and even farm a few repeatable requests to level up your characters. This is the easiest way to make them stronger.
* Lacrima check - Make sure that all lacrima slots are filled. The common ones you should always equip are the Wizard (+ATK), Protection (+DEF), and unique lacrima for specific characters.
* Drink up - Once you have unlocked the Bar Counter facility, consider consuming drinks there to buff your party up. Of course +ATK buffs are priority but you can settle for +DEF if needed.
* Upgrade/Remodel Facilities - There are certain facilities that will provide permanent buffs to your party, which will improve further as you upgrade or remodel them. Check out our Facilities Guide for more information!
Jewels are the currency of the game and are used for purchasing items, synthesizing, or paying for the upgrade or remodel of the facilities in the guild. The only way you earn jewels is by completing requests. Just in case you need to earn more, simply do repeatable requests. You can't earn Renown from these requests but you'll have a steady source of income instead.
Obstacles that require over-damage are littered across several maps. Here are some tips on how to break them easily.
* Have a full Fairy Gauge and save before attempting to break an obstacle - saving will allow you to reload and start another attempt with a full Fairy gauge.
* Use +ATK buffs like Wendy's Ile Arms magic or Sting's Holy Ray.
* Number of party members matter - you can have up to 5 characters in a team but you won't unlock all slots until a few chapters later in the game. If you can't seem to reach the damage required, try returning later with additional party members.
* More enemies = more damage dealt. Later on, you can easily use Link Hunt to gather several enemies at once. Just don't link the max amount of enemies or they'll get a lot stronger.
* Enemy levels matter - The lower the level, the more damage they'll receive from your attacks. That's why if you're using Link Hunt, chain as little enemies as you can to keep their strength low and their numbers high.
How to Break High-Damage Obstacles
In certain maps, there are obstacles that will require a huge amount of damage 80,000-100,000. These amounts may be overwhelming at first but once you can bring 5 characters in a party and level them up, you'll be able to reach and exceed this amount easily. As usual, consider buffing your party's attack and perform a low-level Link Hunt so you'll have more enemies to deal damage to.
Each character has their unique Lacrima that they can only equip and will provide them with huge beneficial effects and stat buffs. You can synthesize better versions of these Lacrima but you'll have to consider your supply of certain materials like Lacrima Aggregates, Shining Lacrima, etc. These can't be farmed and can only be obtained as request rewards, chests, or NPCs that issue the Community Service Requests.