Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction Hints for PlayStation 2
Also on: XBox
You all may know about the unlimited health cheat, but unlike the unlimited ammo cheat, you will have to put it back on again when your done with your mission,or you will be wondering if it was bogus.
With all the help I can tell all this has been a hint from,
For the mission" Bait and Switch" drive the FROG7 to the dropoff area instead of letting the thugs pick it up. This way gets you money for the truck, the bonu, and th contract money.
If you place an explosive charge on your car, drive to a bridge that can be blown up by a C4 and get out of the car and detonate it when going over the bridge you wont get a penalty even if you kill a cavillian!
Beat the game twice on the same file and replay to get 3 more bonus outfits.
This is not really a hint but fun.
When there is too many enemys in front off you just go back without them seeing you.just wait for a sungri scout (enemys small car) and kill the driver and the gunner put up too 4 c-4s on it(first jump on it and place c-4s) then get in and drive go back till you think it's enough then hold R1 and x then hold off R1
And the car is in super speed then when the car is about 15 meters away from
The enemy ditch then just when the car gets close detonate then you will see them Flying.
Ok this is a funny one( well I thort it was )
Ok first make sure you have some spending money or just save then do it an lode it later
Secondly order any car (cheepest (u ant keepin it))
Then when the heli comes to drop it off before it hits the
Ground and you can see the circles of the enterences to the
car plant a C4 charge in the middle of the car then when it
Lands (just before the winch is off) blow the C4 and watch the
car fly up into the heli in a flaming rek of
25000 dollers of pain
* When you see a helicopter starting to take off, try to snipe the pilot. If done early enough or at a lower altitude the Helicopter will land with minimum damage. Now you have a free chopper to rain havoc down on your enemies. * When driving into a heavily armed area, try planting a C4 charge on top of a Jeep. Equip the detonator then enter the Jeep. Now drive full speed in to the enemy base. Aim for some vehicles or troops then jump out while moving. Just before the Jeep impacts, detonate the C4 charge and enjoy the destruction. * Use the free air strikes, supply drops, and vehicles provided in some of the missions. They don't cost anything and will make your job that much easier. * Practice sniping drivers and pilots. It takes skill but worth the practice in later missions. * If you're short on money, check your Intel email to capture a card. Try to capture him alive to receive the full bounty. If you kill him you'll only receive half. * If you're still short on money, look for a $ on the map. This indicates the location of a challenge. If completed you will receive some money. These challenges can be done over and over again. Just beat your previous score (hint, hint) and you'll receive some more money. * If you are ever in a tight situation, don't forget to check the Mafia website for any Air strike, vehicle or supply drop that would be helpful. In the life of a Mercenary, there is no such word as "overkill". * Walk slowly towards the back of a guard or soldier. When you're quiet enough, you'll be able to take him down with out alerting soldiers nearby. Note: this is much easier playing as Jennifer Mui. * Be careful around alarm towers. If the enemy activates the alarm, it will alert the rest of the solders in the base. Quickly destroy it before you are surrounded. * During Ace missions, use the enemies' vehicles against them. If you're lucky you might even be disguised as one of them and safely pass through heavily armed roadblocks. * Like shopping for those oh-so-destructive toys? Always try to keep the Mafia Faction level high so you don't have to pay such a huge mark-up. On the other hand, REMEMBER: It's your money, so spend it how you like!
* Once you find a Scout helicopter, try to take good care of it. It makes contracts easier and is tons of fun to fly!
* Sniping from out of the line of sight allows you to preserve your faction rating. Same goes with air strikes. Use terrain, buildings, flora, and vehicles to your advantage. * Taking a bunch of contracts from one faction at a time increases your likelihood of making another one hostile. Spread out your services among the factions, and it'll be easier to keep everyone happy. * Blueprints and National Treasures are important for unlocking some useful shop items that are otherwise unavailable for purchase. Having access to these items early on will make your job much easier. If you see one, pick it up!
* Aside from offering more money, fulfilling some bonus objectives will unlock unique shop items for purchase. These items can't be unlocked once you've beaten the mission, so get them while the timing is right. * Number cards out in the world often hide out with cool weapons or vehicles. If you can take out the card without destroying the surroundings, you can usually score something cool. * A shotgun is great for dealing with those up close and personal contracts. * Low on health? Jump into the nearest vehicle to shield yourself from dying and either drive away for a breather, or run down your enemies for maximum destruction!
* Throw a grenade at a pesky group of enemies to cause them to dive for cover; youll get a quick breather as they attempt to recover, which you can use to run away or go in guns blazing!
* Enemies will commandeer any vehicle you leave sitting around. Use up all your vehicle's weapons before exiting... Unless you like pain. * Be mindful of your surroundings as you enter them. For example, there's a canyon on the south part of the south map that you can drive into... But you can only get OUT using a helicopter (or a medivac).
If you know the unlimated ammo that will help alot but if you don't it is going to be a bit tricky.Fisrt find a building ( NK village is a good place to do it ) pile a load of C4s on top each other agencet your building.The C4s will glich and fly away in any direction,get the deternater out and let the C4s go BOOM!You will recernice that the C4s blow up in weird places.Have fun.
Note: put unlimated heath on ( for safty )
Ok this is a fun and easy thing to do when you get bored. When you are on foot and you enemy is shooting at you from the turrent in their car, pull out a C4. Next you jump on the hood of the car(they may start driving)then place a C4 on the hood and jump off. Finally you watch them drive around helplessly as you set off the C4 and they explode and go REALLY high in the air. (Note: When you place the C4 on the hood watch to make sure it doesn't slide off as you place it.)
To ride in a flaming car all you need to do is first activate god mode (up, down,up, down, left, right, left, right at factions menu.) Now you need to find a fast moving jeep or truck.
Shoot the vehicle with your gun ( I like the anti-armor rifle for this) untill it just starts to catch on fire. Now quickly get in so it doesn't blow up, and your ready to go.
Tips: Everyone( including NK forces) will run/drive away from the vehicle when it's on fire.
Try to drive at a high speed then ditch you vehicle while it's moving (and on fire) into an enemy vehicle and watch it blow on impact.
To live forever type up,down,up,down,left,right,left,right on the faction screen on your pda you should here a click and now live forever.
Ok... I know this sounds crazy but you can play as eminem with his dimond-plated uzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pda then factions enter down down down up left right right left down up right left left up up down left right right left down
ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE GOT TO SPADES AND GOT THE 2,10,jack,queen,3,4,8,9,1,7
Ok, first you have to have god mode on then go to the very right hand corner of the map.(use a chopper)it looks like a giant cannon.go to the door and it will say "Man Weapon".oh, and this is off the map in the restricded area.
P.S this place is in the NK base. GOOD LUCK.
If you get into a car or truck and hit a light post back up and the light post will stand back up
When you get to the stage of the game when you have to capture/kill the ace of spades save the game before you accept the contract becase if you save it once you complete the game it will make you capture the face cards and aces again when you play the playground of destruction mode.
Hope this helps!
To get a Sk UH-60 at the end of the first Sk misson choppers come down if you are still netral or unfriendly with the sk you can hi-jack them (there just like the allied UH-60 but much more rare and cooler
If you think you will run someone over but but don't want to lose faction points, just bail out. I bailed from a M1025 (the allied scout car), it rolled of a barrier and killed an SK but I didn't lose points.
If you are by an area infested with North Koreans, and they are giving you a hard time, just use this hint. Set 1 to 8 C4's on a cliff near the infested area. Make sure that the C4's aren't right on top of eachother or they will stick. Set them next to each other.
Look at the infested area and stand behind the C4's, aim and kick. Now you'll have to be quick. Get your remote out fast. And when the C4's land on the ground, blow them up! You'll have to be quick because if the North Koreans see the C4's, they are going to split! Hope this helps.
When you complete the first mafia mission where you get the truck,you can still take cars to the garage.
The better the car,the more money you get.
So if you are low on cash this is an easy way to get some.
First, grab an Allies Transport Helicopter, you can find one on the back roads right on the river near the allies base in the first providence you are at. Fly the chopper to the place where you found the two of clubs.
You will see that that the allies have converted it into a helicopter landing station, in between the two landing pads are two yellow fuel tanks, use the winch in your helicopter to pick up one of the tanks, carry it to the location of your choice, but don't go too fast or the tank will hit you and explode, killing you.
When you get to where you want to be drop the tank on whatever is bugging you (men and light cars only) the tank will explode and they will die or get baddly injured. (I didnt try this yet but also you can also use the small yellow barrels or the chinese fuel trucks.)