1. How to get to the dragon on the island on Tree Tops. Yes, this dragon can get you confused. Use the supercharge to follow the thief that goes to that island. Keep following it until you get to the ramp on the side which has no charge arrows on it. Keep running, then jump and finish in a glide. You should reach the island.
2. How to get to a dragon and key on a ledge in Dry Canyon. You may have been through the tunnel and room, and ended up on a ledge, right? Well, glide left off of that ledge and you will end up on the dragon and key.
3. How to reach the pillars in Wizard Peak. Do you get off the ramp and never seem to make the jump? Try using two supercharge ramps instead of just one.
4. Just what is that last portal? Gnasty's Loot is the final level, and as the dragon says; you have to come back when you have 100%. The level has no dragons, and 2000 gems to collect. You can superfly everywhere, and the level is filled with thieves to catch.
5. A dragon, and a surprise in Haunted Towers. Supercharge into the area where the small lake is, turn left, and jump onto the main bit of land. Charge up the small ramp and leap onto the island. Go up the whirlwind, turn left and you have your dragon. Go into the part on the right. Quickly get up the steps, miss all of the knights. Get past the final knight and get rid of the wizard. Go into the bright room, and there will be a fairy. This one is wearing a yellow dress, and is different from the others. When she kisses you, you will have unlimited flame power-up unless you die, or exit the level.
6. Now this is just a fact: Tree Tops is in fact the hardest level in the entire PlayStation1 Spyro series.
If you are there are two main reasons why you could be:
1. You did not flame all the pots which those ladies are cooking food in.
2. You have not gotten the gems behind the entry area. To gte these fly to the island and go right to the very top. Look where the entrance building is and fly behind it. At first it may look as if you are flying into thin air and you will die, but if you keep on gliding you will land and will be able to pick up the gems.
Having trouble finding the rest of te gems in the Haunted Towers? Just go to the super charge rampand steer at the right turn, then the first left turn.
Keep hugging the left wall until you see th blue ramp that you came up on and run up it.while you are in thhe air, glide and still hug the left wall until it's safe to land on the ground below you.
Now go up the whirl wind until yu see the haunted soldier's bodies. Do not go up these stairs yet. First, get all the treasure on the ground.
When you're through with that, it is time for the hardest part in the game charge as fast as you can up the stairs so the metal soldiers can't get you while they're coming to life.
If you reach the end, the last metal soldier will block your way out. Keep going to the next door, and a yellow fairy will kiss you. (This isn't like the blue fairies that kiss you. This time you will permanantly have the super flame.
So now flame all the solders blocking your way. But wait! There's still more treasure. Remember that treasure chest without a key hoe that you saaw when you first came into this area?
Just super flame it and you're ready to go home. And trust me, this is easier than it sounds. Except for the part where you run up the stairs before the knights come to life.
That's harder than it sounds. Well, thanks for taking your time to read this looooooong passage, and good luck!
(It is important that when I said left, do not turn right I know what I'm saying. Most peaople get mixed up and think 'm talking about the other ramp but I'm not.)