A few tips that are generally always asked - Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
29 Sep 2008, ID#12382 A few tips that are generally always asked
1. You can save anywhere you like in this game. Just go into the main menu and save. So save often.
2. Some of the dungeons are not only big but have many levels. There are also many random battles. Therefore I would reccommend stocking up on 99 potions/hi potions to make sure you save your MP for the bosses.
3. Talk to everyone. They will give you the hint of where you need to go next.
4. Inns heal your MP/HP so spend a few gil and heal up before going to dungeons.
5. The canoe is located in Crescent Lake. You need to go to the east side of town and then cross the bridge. It is off path but you will come across sages. One will give you the canoe.
6. The airship is located below Cresent Lake in the desert. You need the levistone. You will find that near to Cresent Lake in a dungeon. You will need to fight the boss to get it. But don't be confused into thinking the boss has loads of HP and is tough to beat. In reality it can easily be beaten in one round. I didnt even realise I had completed the dungeon until I returned to Cresecent Lake to restock up on supplies and heal my party!
7. After you have a gained a crystal, a dungeon that once was blocked will become unblocked. You will be able to enter the dungeons. Be aware that although they are fine to level up in and gain tressure. The bosses in there can kill your party in just a few rounds. Use them to find tresure and level up. Face the bosses by all means. You will just be teleported out of the dungeon. One of the optional dungeon has 20 floors. So make sure you are stocked up on curative items.
8. Close to the very end you will gain some adaminite. This was mentioned very very early in the game. Someone was looking for it to make a special sword. Make sure you find that place to gain a the most powerful sword of the game.
9. In my opinion protective spells arent really needed until the very last phase of the game. So make sure you have defensive spells aswell as offensive.
10. There is an item called giants gloves. Use them in battle and they make you stronger. There is also a spell that makes you more aggressive. So make sure for boss battles you have those to your advantage.
11. Dont worry about boss battles too much though as they arent as bad as some FF games. In fact the optional bosses are stronger! (as usual ey!!!)
Hope I have helped for those who are only just discovering this fantastic series. Enjoy!!