In this game, your best be for survival to to grind, grind, grind your way to higher levels, and simply outclass the opponents. Here are some tips for training.
- Don't die. It's very annoying, after having ground yourself up twenty or so levels, to die suddenly, so always make sure you have food and drinks to keep yourself together. If you don't, and are low on health, don't be afraid to book it.
- Alternate between blasts and physical attacks. I usually just pound my opponent into the ground, but especially when there's many enemies to fight, always be sure to use energy attacks to keep the pressure off of you. They're there for a reason.
- Pound them into the ground! If you're up against only a few enemies, or one strong one, just keep pounding on them. For most enemies, they won't be able to strike back, letting you score a victory without getting damaged at all. Be careful though, as some enemies have long-range attacks, and some won't back away just from getting punched. For those guys, use long range, or run up, hit them a few times, run away and let their attack fly, and repeat.
- Fuse! Time with training can really be cut down if you fuse characters, because you're training two characters at once! Be weary though, as only one of the characters fused can have the Gokuu hat, making it so that only one will get the uber training. Goku and Vegeta's fusion, Gogeta, can be unlocked by finding all the Z-Fighter and Hercule exhibits, and returning them to their museums.
- The right gear. When training, always have the heaviest armbands, boots, and the Gokuu hat equipped. The torso doesn't matter. The Gokuu hat can be found the the ninja hideout. Get the key, defeat the ninja boss, and go punch the pine box you hit him into. The Gokuu hat will appear, which increases the stats earned per level from 3 to 4. You need a character to be level 100 to equip it, and it lowers stats while on, but it's worth the trade off. The best armbands and boots in the game are found after you beat kid buu. Go back to the Planet of the Kai's, and move towards where you fought Buu. You'll come to a fork in the road. Take the downwards road towards the lower right hand corner. Go to the lower right hand corner of that area, and you'll come to a new area. Go to the back of this area, and punch around the middle of this wall until you break the wall, and an opening appears. You've just found the secret z-mart! Here, you can buy the Kiloton armbands and boots, as well as a lot of other fantastic items!
- Location, location, location. The best place to train after the end of the game is the Barren Wasteland where you fought Super Buu (Gotenks and Gohan). Here, you'll find some of the toughest enemies in the game, but put on the boots, armbands, and hat, and plow through them for quick level ups and tons of stat points.
I hope this was found helpful! Happy training Z-Warriors!
Added by: imaloony8.0 Sep 19th 2008, ID#12372