General gameplay tips (SNES version) - Donkey Kong Country 2
Print this General gameplay tips (SNES version)
Aside from beating the actual levels, there are DK coins and Bonus Levels to find in every level. While they aren't easy to find, they aren't hidden arbitrarily! Here are things to watch for when playing through this game:
- lone bananas. If there's a single banana in a strange place, it hides a secret.
- path of bananas. An obvious clue, definitely follow it if you're going for those DK Coins and Bonus Levels!
- vertical movement. Often goodies are hidden just above or below the screen - remember, DKC2 is not just one-dimensional! Always try to reach suspiciously located places.
- Cranky's hints. They actually help, even if they're usually a tad cryptic (I remember a few particularly clever ones).
- Levels aren't particularly big. Try to think: "Where would they hide a clue in a small level?" This method of thinking makes the game a lot easier.
One thing I really like about this game is that every secret has some sort of hint leading to it. It isn't an inane collectathon like some games nowadays - it's the exact opposite: the game makes you think. Keep that in mind when playing. Good luck!