1. Go to Design Maps mode and fill the map with plains. Then, on the upper left corner place, from the left to the right, six infantry units in the first line, six mech units in the second line, six Md tanks on the third line, and finally six rockets. Then save the map with any name you want.
2. After saving the map go to Field Training, Naval Battle mission and lose. DO NOT YIELD! If you yield this won't work. Instead of yielding just follow Nell's instructions on the first turn, end it, wait for your second turn, dive the sub like Nell tells you to, and then simply drop the T-copter loaded in the cruiser and end the turn. For some reason the lander will be the first target, but it won't be destroyed, then the copter will be targeted and destroyed. Don't worry, this was ment to happen.
3. Now go to map you drew and delete all the 24 units you placed. Nell should now pop up and say "The Orange Star Army has lost", this is the confirmation that the trick worked. NEVER PRESS THE SELECT BUTTON! It will stop the sequence.
4. Now press the A button to open the menu, press Down twice, and then press down twice again to get out of the design maps mode. Again NEVER PRESS THE SELECT BUTTON.
5. Go to campaign or war room mode. When playing press the R button on a plain then press the L button to access the unit deployment menu, just like in the Design Maps Mode. If you don't press the L button you can still navigate on the terrain/base menu and to the changes that you wish, just don't add any troops or building of other armies that not your's or the enemies ones. You don't really need to press the R button first, but it's easier if you do so.
6. OK, final step (finally!). You have two chances: save the game after you make the changes, which, after you reset the game will stop the glitch-like images, or keep in the edit mode by deleting the enemy hq, and waiting for your second turn, in which you'll surely win!