Call of Duty: World at War Complete Guide
By: Superstyle4 (GamerTag ILINI)
!!!FOR USE ON WWW.SUPERCHEATS.COM ONLY!!!
Table of Contents:
*: Denotes sections coming soon
Use Ctrl + F to pull up the search menu, use the section numbers (inside the <>) to quickly skip around to specific areas of the guide.
Mission One: Semper Fi- <S1C1>
Mission Two: Little Resistance*- <S1C2>
Carlson's Raiders- <S2A1>
Stormed Peleliu- <S2A2>
The Last Stand- <S2A3>
Stabbed in the Heart- <S2A4>
Get Your Hands Dirty- <S2A5>
Saved Private Ryan- <S2A6>
Bloody Peleliu- <S2A7>
Weapon of Mass Destruction- <S2A8>
The Sword Is Broken- <S2A9>
No Safe Place- <S2A10>
The Professional- <S2A12>
The Hammer Strikes- <S2A14>
Scorched Earth- <S2A15>
Hell on Wheels- <S2A18>
Iron Fist- <S2A19>
No Return- <S2A20>
When It Rains, It Pours- <S2A22>
Shot in the Dark- <S2A23>
One Bad Gato- <S2A24>
The Sum of All Zeros- <S2A25>
Lights Out!- <S2A26>
Blowtorch & Corkscrew- <S2A27>
Setting of the Sun- <S2A28>
Guardian Angel- <S2A30>
For the Motherland- <S2A31>
Bearing the Burden- <S2A32>
Rough Economy- <S2A33>
Close Shave- <S2A34>
Snake in the Grass- <S2A35>
Grave Robber- <S2A36>
Throw a Six and a Half- <S2A38>
Purple Heart- <S2A39>
War Hero- <S2A40>
Hardened War Hero- <S2A41>
Get Your Left Foot Wet- <S2A42>
Get Your Right Foot Wet- <S2A43>
Blue Ribbon- <S2A44>
SECRET ACHIEVEMENT: It's All About Prestige- <S2A45>
SECRET ACHIEVEMENT: Go Get Some Sun- <S2A46>
Death Cards- <S3DC>
Card One: Eight of Hearts- <S3DC1>
Card Two: Four of Clubs- <S3DC2>
Card Three: King of Hearts- <S3DC3>
Card Four: Five of Diamonds- <S3DC4>
Card Five: Joker- <S3DC5>
Card Six: Queen of Hearts- <S3DC6>
Card Seven: Nine of Diamonds- <S3DC7>
Card Eight: Jack of Spades- <S3DC8>
Card Nine: Ace of Spades- <S3DC9>
Card Ten: Ten of Clubs- <S3DC10>
Card Eleven: Three of Diamonds- <S3DC11>
Card Twelve: Six of Clubs- <S3DC12>
Card Thirteen: Two of Spades- <S3DC13>
Finished Campaign Section
Legal Info Section
Mission One: Semper Fi- <S1C1>
You start off in a shack with a fellow American and two Japanese captors. When their interrogation attempt fails the Japanese soldier slits the throat of your comrade and then advances on you. He never gets close enough as a rescue attempt is underway and you are handed a pistol and asked to take part in a little revenge.
Leave your shack and turn right, pick up some weapons and it's party time.
1) Follow Roebuck, you will come up to some huts ahead. Take cover to the right, behind them, and eliminate the enemies behind the barrels ahead.
2) WARNING: Be careful of grenades in this first encounter. The enemies behind the boxes throw them with reckless abandon.
3) When they're down, crouch behind the barrels to the right of the boxes. From here, you can make your way left, around the corner of the burned building. There are enemies right around the corner, so do so cautiously. Again, be weary of grenades.
4) Head to the right inside a small cabin/hut. To the right, around the corner, is an excellent opportunity to use a grenade on a cluster of three enemies up ahead. Do so for an easy cluster kill.
5) Move forward, up a small wooden ramp.
6) Achievement: Here, you can unlock the achievement "Saved Private Ryan" if you can gun down the burning Japanese soldier that bursts out of the building that's on fire to you right. If you're too slow or you're a sadistic freak you can watch him wrestle with private Ryan until they both burn to death.
7) Stay crouched, and pick off the few enemies across the water ahead in a grass hut\. You will reach a checkpoint here.
8) Head left, around the bend and up the ramp into the grass hut.
9) Once inside, lead left. Go inside the center of the hut, to the right. You'll find some rifle ammunition. When ready, head back out, to the left. There is a new clearing here. Use grenades liberally on the enemies behind sandbags in the yard. They are perfectly placed for grenade kills.
10) Crouch behind the low fence, just like the soldier in front of you has done. From here, you should be able to mop up the remaining enemies from the safety of your hidden position.
11) When ready, head down into the clearing/yard. Scan the area for weapons/items. Follow Sullivan and Roebuck straight ahead down the wooded path, away from the village.
12) Checkpoint Reached.
13) Head straight ahead, following your comrades through the path. You'll pass a torch on your right.
14) Head up over a small hill, down into a valley leading to the river. There is extremely heavy enemy resistance here. Stay back, and use grenades to lower their numbers. You have the high ground, after all.
15) There is a rather threatening patch of them down and to the left. Focus on your fire on them first, staying crouched behind the rocks there.
16) When ready, move with your comrades down and to the left, past where you killed the group of enemies in the bunker.
17) You will move into the river. Follow your pals.
18) Checkpoint Reached
19) You will then be ambushed. In order to survive, fire immediately and consistently. Do not stop shooting at the enemies. They are extremely close to you and need to be killed quickly if you are to survive. They are too close for grenades, so focus on simple carefully aimed bursts. There are Thompson submachine guns on the ground, get them if you need to.
20) Head straight down the path. Enemies will run down the path towards you. Head into the shelter to the left, take cover there and fire from safety.
21) Alternate Strategy: Once the ambush begins, immediately take cover inside the small shelter to the left. From there, you can wage a more cautious offensive. It may take you longer, but it's also safer.
22) Move ahead down the path slowly. There are little clusters of enemies perched at various points all along the sides of the path. Stop as soon as one cluster comes into view, take them out with consistent gun fire, then move forward.
23) Once you make it past a few groups of enemies, you'll come to a few big rocks, where your comrades remain pinned down. Stay hidden behind the rocks and pick off the few enemies straight ahead.
24) Checkpoint Reached
25) Go up to the truck straight ahead and press X. This will push the truck down the road ahead. Move forward after it does to the left, and immediately crouch behind a wooden bench. Out in the yard ahead, there are a ton of enemies. Pick them off from behind the bench.
26) Be careful at this section, as you may be flanked from the left by enemies near the downward leading ramp to the weapons supply storehouse. Head inside, and hold X to plant a bomb on the stockpile. After you've planted it, head back up on into the yard.
27) Sprint across the open area down to the beach by the buildings in front of you. On higher difficulties you may need to stop and take cover, and pick off a few Japanese before moving on.
28) When you start down the small hill at the edge of the water a Japanese soldier will jump out of a window to your left. He manages to slash you once and then closes in for the kill. Fortunately for you one of your comrades saves you from a painful death with some nice shooting skills.
29) One of your fellow soldiers grabs hold of you and starts to drag you towards a waiting getaway boat, all you have to do is shoot the charging Japanese soldiers with your pistol as you make your escape.
30) You finally make it to the boat and you slip into the darkness.
!!!MISSION TWO: LITTLE RESISTANCE COMING SOON!!!
There are 45 Achievements in Call of Duty: World at War, including two secret ones. They range from anything from beating the campaign on veteran, to reaching prestige ten in multiplayer, to saving fellow soldiers from gruesome deaths in campaign.
-<S2A1> Carlson's Raiders (10 points): Complete 'Semper Fi' on any difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A2> Stormed Peleliu (15 points): Establish a beachhead on the island of Peleliu on any difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A3> The Last Stand (20 points): Survive the land and air conflict surrounding Okinawa on any difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A4> Stabbed in the Heart (20 points): Complete all missions on the Eastern Front on any difficulty setting. (Solo only)
-<S2A5> Get Your Hands Dirty (30 points): Complete 'Semper Fi' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A6> Saved Private Ryan (10 points): Save the soldier before he burns to death. (Solo or co-op)
-<S2A7> Bloody Peleliu (30 points): Complete 'Little Resistance' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A8> Weapon of Mass Destruction (15 points): Radio in a naval bombardment that kills at least 4 Japanese soldiers. (Solo or co-op)
-<S2A9> The Sword Is Broken (30 points): Complete 'Hard Landing' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A10> No Safe Place (15 points): Burn an enemy out of a tree with the flamethrower in 'Hard Landing' (Solo or co-op)
-<S2A11> Architect (30 points): Complete 'Vendetta' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A12> The Professional (15 points): Shoot all of Amsel's henchmen, including their attack dog, without reloading. (Solo only)
-<S2A13> Gunslinger (15 points): Assassinate General Amsel with a pistol shot. (Solo only)
-<S2A14> The Hammer Strikes (30 points): Complete 'Their Land, Their Blood' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A15> Scorched Earth (30 points): Complete 'Burn'em Out' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A16> Firestarter (15 points): Complete a mission using only the flamethrower. Melee, grenades and explosives are OK. (Solo or co-op)
-<S2A17> Fearless (30 points): Complete 'Relentless' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A18> Hell on Wheels (30 points): Complete 'Blood and Iron' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A19> Iron Fist (15 points): Destroy all towers and bunkers in 'Blood and Iron'. (Solo or co-op)
-<S2A20> No Return (30 points): Complete 'Ring of Steel' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A21> Ruthless (15 points): Kill 15 enemies while mounted on a tank in 'Ring of Steel'. (Solo or co-op)
-<S2A22> When It Rains, It Pours (30 points): Complete 'Eviction' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A23> Shot in the Dark (10 points): Kill 10 enemies while the lights are out in the subway in 'Eviction'. (Solo or co-op)
-<S2A24> One Bad Gato (30 points): Complete 'Black Cats' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A25> The Sum of All Zeros (15 points): Down 45 Japanese Zeros in 'Black Cats'. (Solo only)
-<S2A26> Lights Out! (10 points): In 'Black Cats', blast out all of the spot lights in the Japanese cargo convoy. (Solo only)
-<S2A27> Blowtorch & Corkscrew (30 points): Complete 'Blowtorch & Corkscrew' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A28> Setting of the Sun (30 points): Complete 'Breaking Point' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A29> Mortar-dom (10 points): Kill 8 Japanese with thrown mortars in 'Breaking Point'. (Solo or co-op)
-<S2A30> Guardian Angel (10 points): In the final battle for Okinawa, save Sergeant Roebuck. (Solo or co-op)
-<S2A31> For the Motherland (30 points): Complete 'Heart of the Reich' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A32> Bearing the Burden (30 points): Complete 'Downfall' on Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A33> Rough Economy (15 points): Kill 3 enemies with a single bullet. (Solo or co-op)
-<S2A34> Close Shave (10 points): Survive a Banzai attack. (Solo only)
-<S2A35> Snake in the Grass (15 points): Take out a Japanese soldier while he is lying in wait in the grass. (Solo or co-op)
-<S2A36> Grave Robber (15 points): Collect all Death Cards in the game. (Solo only)
-<S2A37> Kamikaze (15 points): Complete any level on Regular difficulty or higher using only melee and grenades. (Solo only)
-<S2A38> Throw a Six and a Half (15 points): On Hardened or Veteran difficulty, complete a level without dying. (Solo only)
-<S2A39> Purple Heart (5 points): When staring into the face of adversity, show courage and persevere.
-<S2A40> War Hero (40 points): Complete the game on any difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A41> Hardened War Hero (100 points): Complete the game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty. (Solo only)
-<S2A42> Get Your Left Foot Wet (30 points): Complete a match in Campaign Co-Op mode over Xbox LIVE. (Online co-op only)
-<S2A43> Get Your Right Foot Wet (30 points): Complete a match in Competitive Co-Op mode over Xbox LIVE. (Online co-op only)
-<S2A44> Blue Ribbon (25 points): Complete a 4-player Competitive Co-Op match in 1st place over Xbox LIVE. (Online co-op only)
-<S2A45> It's All About Prestige (0 points): Reach the first level of Prestige.
-<S2A46> Go Get Some Sun (0 points): Reach level 55 on your tenth Prestige.
Death cards are hidden objects inside the Call of Duty: World at War campaign. They are similar to the skulls in Halo 3 and function much the same way. They are rifles dug into the ground with a helmet on top. When you find one, simply go up to it and hold X.
Card One: Eight of Hearts- Thunder (Semper Fi) <TS1>-
Located inside of a helmet next to a rifle sticking out of the floor. This is in a shack to the right of the shack you are escaping from early in the game.
Card Two: Four of Clubs- Hard Headed (Little Resistance) <HL2>-
Outside of the final building to the right of the entrance.
Card Three: King of Hearts- Suicide King (Hard Hitting) <SH3>-
On the lower level of the building, in a room on the player's way outside.
Card Four: Five of Diamonds- Cold Dead Hands (Vendetta) <CV4>-
This is the first Russian death card. It's sticking out of a helmet behind a bar in the first building you're guided through.
Card Five: Joker- Sticks and Stones (Their Land, Their Blood) <ST5>-
In one of the stalls in the barn next to some dead cows and a soldier.
Card Six: Queen of Hearts- Vampire (Burn 'em Out) <VB6>-
In some shadows in the back of a bunker on the way after the first mortar.
Card Seven: Nine of Diamonds- Flak Jacket (Relentless) <FR7>-
Down the hallway after the two paths meet.
Card Eight: Jack of Spades- Body Armor (Ring of Steel) <BR8>-
After entering the asylum, head left to the outside quad area, it's near the left wall.
Card Nine: Ace of Spades- Undead Soldier (Eviction) <UE9>-
After killing everyone on the balcony, jump down a hole in the floor and search around.
Card Ten: Ten of Clubs- Painkiller Cheat (Blowtorch and Corkscrew) <PB10>-
On the left wall after the first bunker, next to a dead Japanese soldier.
Card Eleven: Three of Diamonds- Berserker (Breaking Point) <BB11>-
In a shack to the south after the four mortar pits.
Card Twelve: Six of Clubs- Paintball (Heart of Reich) <PH12>-
In a subway entrance on the other side from where the player starts.
Card Thirteen: Two of Spades- Victory (Downfall) <VD13>-
The last one is through a door that some of the player's allies break down. the door is between the staircase and the theater.
Nobody has asked any questions!
Contact me at MarkMan2012@AOL.com. Make sure to put CoD5 FAQ as part of the subject!