Page 3, Halo 3 Hints for Xbox 360
As well as a complete walkthrough for all levels, our Halo 3 guide also has a full terminal and skull locations information.
Click here to go to our guide
Ok on the mission halo when you can see the frigate you will pass through a rock arch stop in the middle of the arch and on the right side there will be a littli bit of floor you can walk on go on it[make sure the arbiter cannot see you or he will shoot the grunt] and there he is just doin grunt stuff on the ledge ad you can stay there as long as you want cause that part of the thing WONT FALL happy gaming
Okay, when you first play Halo 3, you like the assault rifle because it's automatic, right? Well, I think it's only good for grunts and close range jackels. Also, everybody makes fun of the guy that uses the plasma pistol. The plasma pistol can quickly drain a guy's shields instantly!!! It's a great weapon if you know how to use it. The carbine is an amazing weapon against any enemy.(1 hit kills with grunts.) The brute shot is nice, but only 18 rounds isn't going to take you anywhere unless you have a good, longrange weapon along with it. The gravity hammer is, I'll admit, a beast, so pick it up if it has a good reserve of ammo.
Whenever you attack a Flood "monster" with a blade (brute shot melee or energy sword attack) in a spot with no armor, it will be a 1-hit kill. That makes it easy to take out the charging Flood aliens.
Play infection in custm games on narrows... First go to the waterfall then you will see stacked boxes jump over them to find a teleporter. Go into it. It will teleport you straight to Valhalla's snow part. When you are the last man standing the zombies will come and try to get you but they die in one shot or so, so stay there and keep fending them off...
Okay so if your playing on Legendary one thing you should know is to never take on more than one brute cause you will die in an instant. Also use whatever supplies they give you. Hope I helped some people.
Go to forge mode spawn a human tank and put it in the rear of the elaphant then push left or right to move elaphant.
- It's pretty easy to get this achievement. Go in a ranked Team Doubles match and try to do your best. Just get the most kills, and you are the MVP.
Used Car Salesman
- Go into the Ark and get a Rocket Launcher near a broken ship. Shortly after Brutes will be in vehicles.Throw a grenade making the vehicle weak than finish it with the Rocket Laucher. I would not try this in multiplayer, as it is much harder in Matchmaking.
Too Close to the Sun
Burritosenior- This is best obtained through the campaign level the 'Covenant'. Start at the beginning and play until you destroy the first anti air wraith(almost at the very beginning of the level). After that, a pelican will drop off a warthog. In front of it will be two banshees flying in the air. All you must do is shoot one with your spartan laser.
Maybe Next Time Buddy
- This is one of the few achievements that can be aquired in Rumble Pit. However, it is still simple to achieve in Lone Wolves. I suggest that you go on the map Snowbound. Get in a vehicle, and just try to get some points. At one point, someone will try to board your vehicle. Quickly after that happens, try to get that player to go after you. Jump while the vehicle comes toward you. You should be given the option to board that players vehicle. Board it, and achievement unlocked.
Lee R Wilson Memorial
- The best map to get this on is Construct. Get some sticky grenades and go to the top floor on the map. Just stay there for the whole entire game and stick people.
- This map can easily be achieved in some of the following maps: Construct (Slayer), Snowbound (Swords), Guardian (Swords), and The Pit (Swords). Swords is the best gametype to get this on.
- This can easily be done in any Swords game, but it can also be done while playing Oddball on Guardian. If you are playing Swords, throw a grenade at a group of people who are fighting. After that, you can either throw another grenade at other people OR you can use your Sword.
Playing Oddball on Guardian is another way to get it. Just get the Oddball. People will come after you. You know what to do.
- The best map to get this achievement is The Pit. The best gametypes to get this in are King of the Hill and Swords. In King of the Hill on The Pit, go the Sword Room and get the Sword. Go towards the hill. All the enemies should be there. If you can get three of them, you can get the achievement.
- This achievement is easily achieved in Isolation. Spend your time on the Mongoose. People will usually try to camp in the Shotgun area. Go over there at a fast speed, and you should get them. Achievement unlocked.
We’re in for some Chop
- Go in the level Tsavo Highway. Continue in the level until you see a Fuel Rod. Once you see the Fuel Rod, take it, and look around the area for a Trip Mine (it will be in/near what appears to be a base). Once you got everything, don't use it. Continue on until you see Brutes in Choppers. Shoot your Fuel Rod at the Chopper, but don't destroy it (you can also try to use a Plasma Pistol, just charge it up, and fire at the Chopper). Then, when the Chopper comes at you, throw the Trip Mine. Achievement Unlocked.
- I will tell you how I got this achievement. I was on Epitaph. I had the Gravity Hammer and the Shotgun. I stayed on the outside part of the map, and just waited for the enemies. After killing ten of them, I got my achievement.
Two for One
- The best map to get Two for One is High Ground. Simply go up and get the Spartan Laser. Be patient. You need to wait until two or more enemies are fighting each other at a close range. Charge up the laser, and aim at one of them. That person MIGHT try to melee the other person. That is time to get them. Achievement Unlocked.
- This achievement is easy to get in the campaign level The Ark. You start out with a Sniper Rifle. Simply get a headshot on ten enemies, and you will have the achievement. It is harder to get in matchmaking, however it is quiet easy in the map The Pit.
Fear the Pink Mist
- This is pretty easy to get. Just go on Sierra 117 and get the Needler. Kill five of the enemies, and you will get the achievement.
Up Close and Personal
- You get this on almost any map in matchmaking. Just melee five enemies, and you will get the achievement.
- Simply get some EXP (you can also just play a few games in matchmaking). NOTE: OTK cannot help you out if your Graduate achievement is glitched. Sorry.
- Simply get 20 EXP to get this achievement.
Get a highest skill level of 10 or above, and get 70 EXP.
If you are playing team duals try to pair up with someone. One person should get a mauler and a SMG. The other person should get a plasma pistol and SMG. The person with the mauler can deal with close range and the plasma pistol can deal with people at a distance. But always make sure no matter what gun you have, that you are always shooting them with your SMG. This hint was created and used by "The Donkey's Mohawk".
How to get Highest skill. You have to play ranked matches to get it. And you can on ly play one player on those and you can't have a guest either..
Ok here is how to be invincible!
1.first go into forge,it dosent matter what map.
2.Go into the market place and buy the overshield.
3.Put it down and press x twice,go to the run-time and put it on the maximum.
4.As long as you stay in the same place you cant'e be killed.
P.S. The only bad thing is that the grafity hammer will knock you out of place.
You need to get conteirs staked and grende jump on them and when you do that you grende jump out of the stage.
You need four players in campain mode and go to the place where you find the termial and where you see the piller and grende jump onto it an there will be a area to croach in to it and look straight in to the croner.
On matchmaking whenever you get a chance get a recharger. They are very helpful when fighting a crowd of people. As soon as your health flashes red drop the recharger and you will be almost unkillable. Be careful though. You can still be killed by getting stuck,sniped,lasered,or assainated
There is a way how to rank up faster on halo 3 multiplayer.
You can either play in a team of anything with people who have a much high rank than you ( e.g brigadier, general ) and if you are a lower rank than them and you win your skill should increase faster than yours normally would and you rank up faster than them.
Gamertag: My Mum Hits Me1
To get four ghosts you need to have the difficulty settings to legendary, you need to have killed the boss ( the robot ball ).
After you do so you need to exit the building, after you reach outside before you turn right to get the warthogs, you need to turn right and go down the ramp where you origanily came up from and when you reach the bottom of it look behind it and the four ghosts should be sitting their :].
Just make sure you don't boost up the ramp you might fall off because of the world shaking.
Gamertag: My Mum Hits Me1
Hey there, my name is Shadow. I have seen alot of your standard walkthroughs, and see that some are great. Some are just down rite STUPID! Thats why I have decided to htlp you guys out.
There are a few hints that I can tell you.
Hint #1. On the first level you are going to want to charge in at first, then get a longer range weapon then the crappy weapons that you get when you start off. I would recomend the brute shot/ assult rifle combination. Assult for close range/ medium range, then the brute shot for those grunts that eat gass all the time, and the brutes.
Hint #2. When you pick up the sniper rifle KEEP IT TILL THE LEVEL IS OVER!!! If you don't then you'll end up having to hide behind the walls, and weapon holders (if you're not an experienced fighter) First you'll want to take out all the brutes, and the jackles. Then the grunts, because it's funny to see them little idiots run around, and try to kill you.
Hint #3: When you pick up a weapon you want to stay with it till you run out of ammo, or pick up a better weapon. Also if you are in a room with one enemy, then kill it, and reload. I hate it when I have only half a clip when I go to the next room, and hide behind things so I can reload without getting PWNED.
Hint #4: I would recomend the Battle rifle/ carbine combination. The main reason being that battle rifle speaks for it's self. It's perfect for close, and long range. Same for the carbine. They are both very destructive, and for close combat levels such as "Cortona" you should stick with the Battle rifle/ shotgun, or sword. If you like to get to know every1 then go for the shotgun/ sword combination.
Hint #5: If you are on Lengendary, and are playing "The Ark" then keep your sniper rifle. And get a brute shot for the hunters. They are a pain if you don't keep grenades, and a destructive weapon.
Well those are the easy tips that you should stick to.
When there is a place that you can't reach don't do a granade jump. Instead use the Brute Shot. As soon as you jump shoot at the ground. It will make you go as high as a granade jump and takes off only half the health and is much faster and easier. And if there is a spot you can't reach with the granade jump but can get close and don't have an object or human to stand on, use the brute shot and shoot at the ground and the wall to get you even higher then the granade jump (as soon as you jump shoot at the ground then aim up slightly to blast even higher). If you watched the sniper school videos online, you know how hard some of the spots can be. Such as the one on Construct. Instead of using the granade jump then jumping off of the power drain, use the brute shot and shoot at the ground then at the wall to make it. This trick works on about every spot the video tells you about. You can also find some of your own secret spots.
1:Get all the fusion coils and plasma batteries as possible inside of the elephant. Then raise the run time minimum as high as possible (to do so press x twice on a fusion coil and plasma battery). Shoot it and watch it fly.(May cause lags). It won't stop until you lower the run time.
2:Get a warthog, pick it up and try to shove it in the part where the driver stands. Try to get it in upright for the best possible fit, but it's kind of hard. Turn it side ways and push it in then twist it to where it upright. Lift it straight up and the elephant will start to lift.(Usually work offline because the warthog will go through the elephant most the time online).
On the mission halo go back to the crashed pelican and you will find two shotguns.They are very useful for fightin the flood.
This hint works best in forge.got to the map "sandtrap".place all of the fusion colis possible next to an elephant.get a grenade the throw it at the fusion coils.the elephant most likly will flip.but the funny par is when it says which button to flip the elephant when you get close to it.
Go to our Halo 3 forums to start your own discussion.