How to use the Xbox 360 Transfer Cable
Published by SuperCheats Staff on Aug 22nd 2013
You can use the Xbox 360 Hard Drive transfer cable to transfer content, including achievements to a new console. This is used for migrating your content from the old xbox to a new one and will be very handy if you're completely moving consoles. Aside from having the transfer cable, you must also have the latest console software on your consoles.
Official image sources
- Make sure that both consoles are off. Next, remove the hard drive of your old console. Refer to this article to know how.
- Connect the transfer cable to the old hard drive as shown below:
Xbox 360 S and E
Original Xbox 360
- Connect the other end of the cable to one of the free USB ports in front of the new console
- Turn on the new console. If you have the latest console software, you'll get a prompt that the transfer cable has been detected. Select Yes, Transfer to Console.
- Check if your new console's hard drive is capable of accommodating all content from your old hard drive. Select Start to being the transfer. Depending on how much data you're transferring, it may take a few minutes to a few hours to complete.