How to connect Xbox 360 Controllers
Published by SuperCheats Staff on Aug 22nd 2013
- You have to pair your controller(s) and console only once. However, if you ever get a new controller or a new console, you have to pair the devices again.
- After successfully pairing a controller, you can remotely power on or off the console using the controller.
- Pairing is also true if ever you'll temporarily connect your wireless controller a friend's console.
- You can connect up to four controllers at a time.
- If your controller doesn't turn on or doesn't stay on for long, you may want to try swapping the batteries. Rechargeable batteries are practically cost-effective for your wireless controller.
Connecting your Wireless Controller(s)
- Turn on your console and your controller by pressing the Guide button on the controller until it lights up.
- Press and release the Connect button on your console. The Connect button is found on different Xbox 360 models below:
- Next, press and release the Connect button in the controller. This is a small round button beside the left trigger.
- Wait for the ring of light around the console's power button to stop flashing. The controller will be connected afterward. For the original Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 S, the green light around the controller's ring will correspond the light on the console's power button. For the 360 E console, a solid green light will indicate that a controller is connected.
Connecting Wired Controller(s)
Unlike wireless controllers, you just need to simply plug the USB cables of the wired controllers to the USB port(s) of your console then power them on. There's no need to pair them up even if you plug the controllers to another console. Since the controller is drawing power from the console itself, it won't require batteries to function.
Do you know you can set up your wired controller on your PC?Follow these instructions.