, it is also a significant social and entertainment activity in the game.
Located on the Town Map between the Recording Studio and the Sports Stadium (actually that makes sense considering the typical lifestyle choices of both the foundation Sims and the Patron Sims for each of those) the Nightclub is a highly desirable addition to your Town.
The Nightclub offers dancing to a DJ, Drinks and Social Fun
Building the Nightclub
Originally the requirements for building the Nightclub were based upon the number of Neighbors (NBR Count) that you had in your game, however with the transition away from NBR and towards Social Points (SP) that made up the newly revised Social System in the game, the requirement has changed.
To construct The Nightclub your Sim Town must meet these minimum* requirements:
- Town Level 20 or Higher
- Town Population of 10 Permanent Residents or Higher
- A direct cost of 15 SP (Social Points)
- 36 Hours of Build Time
The addition of The Nightclub to your Town increases the value of you Town by $250K.
In addition to providing an interesting beat and background for Sim Socialization, The Nightclub also offers your Sims the opportunity to participate in the following Sim Actions:
- Booth: Sit (2m / 18 XP)
- Club Toilet: Use the Club Toilet (30s / 12 XP)
- DJ Decks: Become DJ (7m / 45 XP)
- Nightclub Bar: Tend the Bar (20m / 75 XP)
When your Sim takes over the turntables and becomes the Club DJ, any Sims who are also present in the Nightclub and who participate in the Dance Action will, in addition to having their own appropriate stat changes and XP gains, also experience a raised level of Friendship Points for the Sim who is acting as the Club DJ.
Effective Nightclub Use
The most effective use of this community service/entertainment space is to bring together a large number of Sims in the Nightclub, and then take the following steps:
- Step 1: Whistle as many Sims to the Nightclub as you can;
- Step 2: Assign a Sim to act as DJ;
- Step 3: Assign a Sim to act as Bartender;
- Step 4: Have your Sims drink and socialize for a bit;
- Step 5: Have your Sims take to the Dance Floor and Dance.
The net effect of this is that all of the Sims on the Dance Floor will increase their friendship with the Sim who is acting as the DJ, while at the same time the Sim acting as the DJ will increase their Friendship Levels with all of the Sims who are participating in the Dance Action.
This method is one of the most efficient ways to take advantage of the bonus points in XP that are obtained from increasing Friendship Levels between Sims.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* Note: Minimum Requirements often change with each update. The requirements listed above were accurate at the time that this section of the guide was written, during the second major guide revision and version creation, but may have changed since then. If you notice a significant change in requirements please feel invited to let us know via personal message on SC so that we can edit the corrected information into the guide!
Rumors: There is a rumor that the developers are planning to have additional special events and, in particular, personality-themed special events that will have celebrity guest DJ's appear in the Nightclub on weekends, with prize-based competitions for Sim Dancing and the opportunity to add "Celebrity Personalities" to your Sim's Social Network!
The introduction of The Nightclub is a direct result of the new Social Gaming / Social Networking element in the game, representing the first structure that features a fusion of Business / Community Lot in the sense that while it is a business