The Hobby Shop in addition to hobby items offers work practice items.
The Hobby Shop appears on the map next to the Pet Shop on the same block as the Salon, and will only appear in the game once you have either leveled your town to the point that it will contain a related item for a profession, or reached the point where hobbies kick in.
In some versions of the game the Hobby Shop is renamed Promotions R' Us.
While it is called the Hobby Shop the bulk of the items that are sold in it are actually used to level your Sim professions and not their hobbies. The exception to that is the Fashion Studio item.
Note: Every now and then free cross-promotion (advertising placement) items can appear in the Hobby Shop - for instance at the time that this update was written the shop contained a free Toyota guitar. In addition to the Toyota Guitar in the Hobby Shop inventory, you can also add a free Toyota Amp in the in-game store.
The Hobby Shop presently offers the following items for sale:
Note: The list above is subject to change based upon game updates.
- Actor: Movie Camera ($2000)
- Fashion Designer: Fashion Studio ($2500)
- Politician: Mirror ($300)
- Artist: Painting Easel ($700)
- Athlete: Soccer Ball ($950)
- Firefighter: Fire Hydrant ($1800)
- Teacher: Teacher's Blackboard ($1900)
- Real Estate Agent: Auction Podium ($2250)
- Scientist: Telescope ($3490)
- Musician: Toyota Guitar ($0 - FREE)
- Musician: Guitar ($4320)