The game has experienced several revisions and has featured a wide assortment of expansion content in the forms of official updates that often changed the way that the game plays in subtle ways. Many of the tweaking and adjustment updates took place during these content additions to the game.
The purpose of this section is to provide you with an overview of the major updates and cover what significant features and/or changes were included in each one...
Because many of these updates were for Holiday Events, much of the added items or special events that they triggered were time-limited, and so those events and objects may not be (probably are not) available to you now.
Valentine's Day 2012 Update
- Scientist Career Path at the Science Lab.
- Valentine's Day items (Love Tub, Love Bed, Roses, etc.).
Marriage and Babies Update
- Sim Infants added.
- Sim Marriage added.
- Event clothing added.
- Event objects added.
- Event wallpaper added.
- Pet Bunnies added.
- Sim Toddler Stage added.
- Toddler Objects including the Tea Set and Dollhouse added.
- New Pet Objects added.
- Neighbor Leaderboard added.
- Neighbor System added.
- Nightclub Structure added.
- Party Boat Destination added.
- Pet Cats added.
- Social Objects added.
- In-Game Screen Camera with Twitter & Facebook interface added.
- Katy-Perry Themed Style Pack Expansion added.
- New Theme Homes added.
- Salon Business added as a pre-built structure.
- Game Center support for iOS added.
- Preteen Sim Form added.
- School Structure added.
- Sports Center Structure added (later changed name to Community Center)
- Teacher Career added.
Supernatural Update AKA Halloween 2012 Update
- Competition Center added.
- Costume Shop added.
- Ghost Hunter Hobby added.
- Halloween Objects added.
- Haunted House added (limited time structure).
- Revised Stadium added.
Holiday 2012 Update
- 12 Days Of Christmas Quest added (limited time event)
- Fashion Design Hobby added.
- Fishing Hobby added.
- New Objects and Clothing added.
- iPhone 5 Support added.[
- Costume Shop renamed the Fashion and Fancy Dress Shop
- Diving Hobby added.
- Dolphin bundle added
- Home Pools added for Level 20 and above Towns.
- Outdoor Furniture and Plants added.
- Population Cap Increased from 21 to 23 Sims
- Sim-Eating Plants Resistance Levels Changed.
- Swimming Center Structure added.
- Swimsuit Bundle added.
Livin' Large Update
- Actor Career Path added
- Auto Pee & Puke Cleaner added.
- Beachside Escape House added.
- Designer Kitchen Counters added.
- Dream Home Contest Winner added.
- Movie Studio Industry added.
- Neo Tokyo themed house added
- Population Cap raised from 23 to 31 Sims
- Premium Lots (beach housing) added.
- Real Estate Agency Industry added.
- Real Estate Agent Career Path added.
- Level Requirements tweaked for Level 30 Up for faster Leveling
Moving Up Update
- Adidas Male and Female Bundle Pack added.
- Construction-O Coins added (Limited Time Event)
- Escalator added.
- Fire Poles added.
- Lifts added.
- Multiple Floors added for homes.
- New Lounge / Dining Tables / Sinks / Window and Doors added.
- Woodworking Hobby added.
Climate Control Update
- Figure Skating Hobby added.
- Ice Hockey Set added (Limited Edition Content)
- Snow Park Structure added.
- Weather Machine added.
- Another Simtown Added to the Party Boat
- Cloud Saves Automatically on Party Boat Access.
- Cloud saves now support Game Center for iOS for non-Facebook gamers.
- Dual Goal (Town and Social) Display added.
- Firemonkey Studio Logo added to start screen.
- Globe Button redirect to Party Boat added.
- NBR System Removed from Game
- Neighbors Town Travel and Visit System Deployed.
- Party Boat Revised.
- Scandinavian House added.
- Social Goals System Deployed.
- Social Points Currency and Collections added.
- Status Bar Revised to display SP in place of defunct NBR count.
The Sims FreePlay was released worldwide on December 15, 2011 for iOS devices, on February 15, 2012 for Android devices, and for the Kindle Fire in October of 2012. This guide is based on the iOS version of the game, which was played on numerous devices including iPad 2 and iPhone 3GS and 4.