LB = General attack modifier
A = Jumping Attack, should have weapon-equipped and close to enemy.
B = Simple evade. Activates counter-attack when you have melee weapon equipped. Wait for a zombie to attack you, then tap B before they hit you and you'll enter a slow-down animation, then rapidly mash X to perform the counter.
Y = Kick. Powerhouse-type characters have an unlockable Spartan Kick done by pressing Y, pushes back enemies and leaves them staggered. Reflexes-type characters have an unlockable Sweep Kick done by pressing Y, knocks down multiple enemies leaving them perfectly set for finishers.
X = Basic attack, can be chained for a basic combo. Reflexes-type characters have an unlockable Spin Kick that replaces unarmed attacks, knocks down enemies.
LB + A = Dropkick, you should be moving towards the enemy for it to work.
LB + B + Any Direction = Evade Roll
LB + B (Stationary) = For Powerhouse-type characters only. Unlocked at Powerhouse Lv-5. Suplex or Double-kill. Suplex activates on single enemies, and you can follow-up with Y for a head-smash fatality. Double-kill activates on multiple enemies. Both uses small stamina.
LB + Y = Basic Shove. Powerhouse-type characters have an unlockable more powerful Strong Push that guarantees knockdown. You have to choose between the Spartan Kick or the Strong Push on what you will have.
LB + Y on a Downed Enemy = Instant kill.
LB + Y behind an unaware Enemy = Stealth Kill, doesn't reduce weapon durability.
LB + X = Power attack. Depends on weapon-equipped.
* Focus on stealth as much as possible. Approach an area as silently as you can. This saves you much resources and ensures better survival in the long run.
* Aside from bloaters, zombies in this game can only be killed by headshots. Keep an eye out for different states that leaves a zombie open for finishers, like knocked down, prone, hunched over, crouched, or close beside you and unaware.
* The above tip applies to guns as well. Aside from the bloaters, you have to shoot them in the head for them to die. Focus on that headshot always, unless you have a spread-type weapons like shotguns or explosives.
* Always use the dropkick(LB+A ), then follow-up with the Instant Kill(LB+Y ). It is easy to do, consumes little stamina and is very efficient for starting characters.
* Always help your friend who is being attacked. Your priority is to keep your team alive as much as you can, quickly roll into the attacking crowd to inch your way in, then unleash all hell to those zombies before they kill your hapless friend.
* Use the roll to escape from a bad-camera angle where you can't pretty much see anything.
* Eat a snack when you are tasked to face multiple zombies, especially if they are more than four. The snack item provides temporary stamina regeneration for a few seconds, enough to sustain you to wipe out the enemy group.
* If your friend is holding a zombie in place, simply attack it once and it will be instantly killed. Very efficient move.
* If you have a car outside and zombies are infesting the house, go outside and ride the vehicle, bring out your headlights and sound the horn to attract the zeds, then run them over as you please.
* Using vehicles, run over zeds while driving in reverse. This kills zombies easily plus it does not deal engine damage, front door damage, and front tire damage to your prized vehicle.
* Using guns, getting 2 headshots using just one bullet and rapid-fire killing on multiple zeds nets you bonus shooting exp.
* To view the unlocked subskills. Press up on the d-pad, tap RB to go to stats, hit A to enter the stats page, then finally press A on a specific skill to view the subskills unlocked by that skill.