At the Waste Disposal Plant, tap the Discarded Tyre and Plastic Canister for two mystery items. Search the area for four hint coins: the grass, the small brown can, the switch panel on the wall and the black building in the distance.
Push north and look at the yellow vehicle for the Sticky Seven-Pin collection item. Tap the Rubber Dinghy next for a mystery item. Search the place for hint coins then check the rail line for a puzzle.
Puzzle 113 - Shunting into Sidings 2
One of your rookie train drivers has messed up and left his train's railcars in a mess! It's up to you to sort them out... His engine and railcars should be stationed alongside the train on the top track, with the railcars in the exact same order, of course. Take control of the train engine and get everything where it needs to be!
Solution - Follow these steps to get the train back to its proper position:
1. Drag the locomotive to the top track then flip the junction switch. 2. Couple the locomotive to the blue railcar. 3. Drag the train to the center of the top track and flip the junction switch. 4. Drag the train to the middle right track then uncouple the locomotive. 5. Flip the switch and drag the locomotive to the center of the bottom track. 6. Couple the locomotive to the red railcar. 7. Drag the train to the center of the bottom track. 8. Flip the switch and move the train around to its final position.
Talk to Mackintosh. Check the cat on the stairs next for another puzzle.
Puzzle 114 - Copy Cats 2
These two kitties are so close they like to do everything in just the same way. They've been for a walk around the neighborhood and are on their way home, but they'll get upset if they're not back at the same time. Can you help get them home together? Be aware that when a cat stops on a space that's one move away from a fish, it will pounce on the fish straight away. You also need to make sure the cats don't bump into each other or fall into any manholes.
Solution - Go west, south twice, east three times, west and then north. Note that a turn does not count as one movement, the cat must actually move towards that direction for it to count.
Head back to the landing strip and look at the airship from the window to your right. Enter the airship and check the door on the right.
Puzzle 115 - Dial Trial 2
The cargo hold door is locked again, and it looks as though Targent have upgraded the control mechanism! The dials are separated into quadrants, with the O and symbols conatined in each quadrant having a value of "1" and "5" respectively. To open the door you need to align the dials so that the total value of the symbols in all four quadrants is the same. Start spinning the dials and open the door. Spin those dials and help Emmy open the door.
Solution - Turn the inner white dial two positions clockwise and the yellow dial two positions clockwise. Finally, turn the outer white dial one position clockwise.
Continue west to the Midship. Tap the Enormous Motor for a mystery item and talk to Macaw.
Puzzle 116 - Funky Hooks 2
Watch out! If Layton is not careful those swinging hooks will knock his lights out! The hooks always swing back and forth across the same routes. Examine how they move, and plan Layton's steps carefully to get him safely across to the other side!
Solution - Follow these steps to get Hershel safely across to the other side:
1. Go one step east and two steps south. 2. Go two steps east and one step north. 3. Go one step east and two steps north. 4. Go three steps east and one step north. 5. Go one step west and one step south. 6. Go one step east and one step south. 7. Go the rest of the way to the exit.
Operate the control panel, zoom into the hangar below and tap the red drum for a puzzle.
Puzzle 117 - A Laborious 9 Liters
You've received a sudden request of nine liters of fuel - no more, no less. It sounds simple enough, until you realize that all you've got to work with are two drums thst are too small and a pump that doesn't stop pouring fuel until the drum. The small drum holds five liters, while the large one holds eight. Although the pump is broken, the machine's other features still seem to be functional. Can you find a way to end up with nine liters of fuel spread across these two drums?
Solution - Follow these steps to get the nine liters of fuel you need:
1. Fill the right drum then pour some of it into the left drum. 2. Drain the left drum and empty the right drum into the left drum. 3. Fill the right drum then pour some of it into the left drum. 4. Drain the left drum and empty the right drum into the left drum. 5. Drain the left drum and empty the right drum into the left drum. 6. Fill the right drum.
Go left to the Airship's Bridge. Tap the machine on the left for the Mysterious Remote collection item. Check Bronev's Chair for a mystery item. Search the room for three hint coins then speak with Mackintosh. A short detour: Go to the Tree Trunk Bridge in Phongi and tap the red flower in the lower left corner for the Odorless Rafflesia collection item.
Back at the Nest, return to the Waste Disposal Plant and speak with Plover for a puzzle.
Puzzle 119 - Jumbled Junctions
"Bruv it's me. You've gotta help! I was keeping watch at the junction when a copper spots me! So I speed away to the next junction then keep going straight. He's still after me! So first chance I get, I turn right - almost double back on myself, but not quite. Next junction, I take a right, and at the one after that I take another right, and nearly double back on myself again. The junction after that's where I'm hiding now!" Can you work out where the crook is hiding?
Solution - The crook is hiding at intersection C.
Head north to Wylie Street and speak with Robin and Macaw for a puzzle.
Puzzle 118 - Mutiny! 2
Those pesky pirates are back once again! Move the pieces around the board according to the rules below, and turn all the pirates into sailors!
- Sailors and pirates can only move by leaping over pieces adjacent to them - Multiple sailors and pirates can be leapt over in one movement. - Pirates that are leapt over will turn into sailors, and sailors that are leapt over will turn into pirates.
Solution - Follow these steps to turn all the pirates into sailors:
1. The top left pirate should go to the right. 2. Grab that same pirate and hop down. 3. The middle sailor on the right should go up. 4. The bottom right pirate should go up. 5. The top right sailor should go down. 6. Grab that same sailor and hop to the left. 7. Grab that same sailor and hop up.
Continue north to the Obsidian Tower. Tap the Glowing Red Eye for a mystery item then search the area for four hint coins. Go inside and examine that floor for hint coins as well, three of them this time. Check the guard room to the right afterward for a puzzle.
Puzzle 120 - Snoozy Snore’s Plan
Professor Sycamore has a cunning plan for getting past the Targent guard! He's crafted two sleep bombs packed full of Dormis soporis spores, and now it's just a case of bouncing one to the guard station. Bombs are deflected at the right angle when they hit a board. Additionally, whenever a bomb hits a board marked with O, the board itself will rotate 90 degrees. It's up to you to fire bombs from the vents on the left and get one of them to land next to the vent in the top right.
Solution - Pick the third and second vents from the left.
Go up to the next floor and tap the potted plant to the left for the Midnight Knight collection item. Search the area for three more hint coins. Examine the giant pillar and then the door to the right for a puzzle.
Puzzle 121 - Touch Ten Buttons
The control panel of this lift contains 25 buttons, ten of which need to be pressed to activate the lift. The rows and columns are marked with numbers that indicate how many buttons in the row or column need to be pressed. No buttons should be pressed on rows and colums marked 0. Now choose carefully and press the ten buttons that will activate the lift!
Ride the lift up, search the area for three hint coins and speak with Swift. He'll let you through if you've solved at least 75 puzzles. Descend on the elevator twice back to the Lower Obsidian Tower. Tap the guard room on the right for a puzzle.
Puzzle 122 - Snoozysnore Returns
Uh-oh! The Targent guard has woken up. Time to hit him with another of Professor Snoozysn- er Sycamore's sleep bombs! Bombs are deflected at a right angle when they hit a board. Additionally, whenever a bomb hits a board marked with O, the board itself will rotate 90 degrees. It's up to you to fire bombs from the vents on the left and get one of them to land next to the vent in the top right.
Solution - Pick the fifth and first vents from the left.
Return to the Rooftop and tap the doors to confront Bronev. Note that this will be a point of no return. Meaning you will no longer be able to freely explore until the main story is done. Proceed when you're ready. Now for the multiple choice game: Bronev goes first. Next, take 1 coin if he takes three, two coins if he takes two, and three coins if he takes one.
After the dialogue, speak to Aurora outside to proceed.
Puzzle 143 - The Azran Eggs
Awoken by Aurora's command, the five eggs have each began projecting a beam of light. However, something about the three beams seems off, resulting in unlit patches seen on the ground. Taking one egg at a time, adjust the beams by moving the purple squares with the stylus and give a very brief tap to make the dark squares light and vice versa. If you light up all the dark patches to create a solid beam of light, the egg will activate. Do this with all five eggs and get them to reveal their true form!
Solution - Follow these steps to activate the five Azran eggs:
- Egg 1: Drag the pattern to the bottom left corner and tap. Drag the pattern to the top right corner and tap. - Egg 2: Drag the pattern to the bottom left corner and tap. Drag the pattern to the center and tap. Drag the pattern to the top right corner and tap. - Egg 3: Drag the pattern to the top left corner and tap. Drag the pattern to the bottom right corner and tap. Drag the pattern to the center and tap. - Egg 4: Drag the pattern to the top left corner and tap. Drag the pattern to the top right corner and tap. Drag the pattern to the bottom right corner and tap. Drag the pattern to the bottom left corner and tap. - Egg 5: Drag the pattern to the top middle and tap. Drag the pattern to the left middle and tap. Drag the pattern to the right middle and tap. Drag the pattern to the bottom middle and tap.
Go back into Bronev's office. Tap the circular thing on the floor then the skull for the Ferocious Beast collection item. Tap the Gramophone and the Deer Artwork for two mystery items. Search the room for four hint coins and then tap the globe to your left for a puzzle.
Puzzle 142 - X Marks…?
There's something odd about this section of Bronev's globe. It shows the location of a boy along with six colored dots. Underneath all this, there is what appears to be some kind of code: "X1L2L3R1R5R1". There are no other directions, but in fact, this code is all that is needed to work out the boy's destination. See if you can work out which of the colored dots he needs to go to then circle your answer.
Tap the fossil hanging from the ceiling. Watch the scenes to complete the fifth chapter.