Ranking Up Glitch - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Ranking Up Glitch
I realized that you can do this glitch on XBOX 360, but until recently I didn't know it could also be achieved on PS3. Here's what you do step by step:
1. Go to XMB Menu and go to the folder titled "Game Data Utility" and delete the data on it, don't worry, your progress and rank will stay the same, it's just the patch.
2. After deleting the patch, load up Rainbow Six Vegas 2, you'll be asked if you want to download the 1.30 update or whatever, just press circle and continue on and you'll be logged out, which is good.
3. This is the grueling part, you'll need to wait until the game data downloads again, but don't worry, just watch something on YouTube to pass the time.
4. Go to "My Character" and select the "Reset Appearance" option and change your gender to the opposite to what you have now (I.e. Male to Female or Female to Male)
5. Press the Triangle button to log back in and update the game. If you check your character's red bars to rank up, they'll be up by 2 or 3, then finally just for safe measure go to your equipment or armor screen and back out to save the outfitting, then you can repeat as much as desired. You can get to Elite rank in an hour or two at the most by doing this over and over, the hardest part is just waiting for the game data to download every time. Happy Gaming!
Added by: isom97 Oct 5th 2011, ID#4232