Easy A-Spec NASCAR Extreme Series victories. - Gran Turismo 5
Dec 17th 2010, ID#3422 Easy A-Spec NASCAR Extreme Series victories.
In the Extreme Series there is a NASCAR event. These beasts of metal can be very hard to get used to. Follow these tips & you'll find yourself winning this championship first time around.
First off; you have to buy a NASCAR vehicle. The Toyota, Ford and Chevy dealers all have them. They're all for sale for 500,000 credits. Go through them all, and find a paint scheme you enjoy.
Then go to GT Auto and place the oil. This is a must-do trick to give a small permanent BHP boost to all cars, regardless if you buy them new or not.
Then go the Tuning Shop and buy Racing Soft tyres for your NASCAR.
Now enter the series & enter the Championship. Now follow these simple tips & you should come out on top.
1) Be very careful of the opposition AI - they don't really watch out for you. One small tap in the rear quarter panel will see you spinning out. So always try to overtake on the inside of the corner, even if you get better speed on the outside, if they drift wide & tap you, chances are you'll go into the wall.
2) Turn traction control to about 3 of 4 if you're uncomfortable driving high torque, high horsepower cars. These NASCAR cars have a ton of engine power, and will light up the rear wheels with very little help. This brings me to the next point;
3) Go easy on the throlle in 1st and 2nd gear. Don't just jam it on, you'll spin the rear wheels & more than likely the car.
4) Short shift in 1st and 2nd gear to avoid too much wheel spin. Short Shifting is the name given to changing gears short of the redline. Normally, to get the best out of your car, you'l change gears as close to the redline as possible, however in NASCAR vehicles in curcuit racing, you'll need to change gears 500rpm to 1000rpm short of the redline to lessen wheelspin.
5) Overtake on straights & slower corners. The AI drivers don't cover their positions very well, so dart up the inside on slower corners & get runs on them onto long straights. Just don't over do your braking or you'll lock the fronts & go skidding off. NASCARS are very tempermental.
6) Use the slipstreams!. If you find yourself in the middle of the pack or behind the leader, remember NASCAR is all about slipstreams. So tuck in behind the car in front & get an added speed boost. If you find yourself being tailed by the car in second, break off from the racing line - that will stop him getting a boost from your slipstream.
7) One in front, break up your slipstream so other cars don't get the boost, but [b]do not[/i] go so far to one side you can't cut back to block any other drivers. Blocking is hugely important.
8) This tip applies only to the final 10 lap race at Daytona Raceway. This race is difficult due to the tendancy of the AI to spin you out. This is how to avoid that;
Go into your tuning settings at the start of the race, and change your downforce, front and rear to the minimum allowed. It's 20 and 40, front & rear respectively.
Then turn all your driving aids off. The game wont let you turn the ASM off, but turning your ABS off will have the same effect.
When the race starts, get out in front as soon as possible. The crucial point is here; stay just on the right hand side of the yellow line. do this, the cars behind wont get a slipstream off of you & you'll be slightly harder to catch.
Do not brake into the turns. You don't need too. If you find yourself slipping up the bank, just ease off the power slightly & then immediately get back onto full throttle.
If the cars start catching you, cut across & block. You have to lead them by a few car lengths coming out of the corner to lead them into the next corner. Some cars may get passed, so just slipstream around them.
If you do these, you should stay ahead from lap 1 all the way through to about lap 8 with only 4 or 5 cars getting passed at that point. Slipstream around them & you'll take the win at the end of lap 10.