Barnheim Passage Help - Final Fantasy XII
Nov 5th 2009, ID#32425 Barnheim Passage Help
If you are at the point in the game where you are trying to escape from the prison, you will end up going to Barnheim Passage. In here, you will have to make your way through the long passage and keep the energy from going out while doing it. To make this easier, follow these steps.
1. In the main room where you restore energy, turn right on the stairway into a hidden room. There will be lots of gil in there and it will definitely be needed in this scenario.
2. Once you restore the energy, buy from the merchant supplies. There are two gambits you can buy which are Ally: Heal 50 or Ally: Heal 30. Plus there are potions and you will need a lot of them. Here is a general list of what you will need:
Potion: Anywhere from 22-26
Ether: At least 3
Eye Drops: 2-3
Phoenix Down: 3.
Don't go wasting your money over items here; they can't be equipped and suriviving is more important than accessories.
3. Equip Balthier to use First Aid once an ally goes down to 70 health. This is not going to save your teammates when they are being pounded on, but it will help when you need some health to keep you going. Just don't depend on it very much because it is usually a very small amount of health given. Use Fran's cure when you only have a little health needed to gain. Hence why you have the Ethers as she is the one you should use them on.
4. Go into the first area past the energy room and begin taking out the Battery Mimics that are feeding on the energy conduits. Once you have defeated all of them and are ready to move into a different location, head back to the original energy room and use the save crystal to replenish health and MP. This is important as you will need your potions later on.
5. Kill the battery mimics as quickly as possible! The battery mimics are the large spider looking things which feed on the energy conduits. If the energy gets down to 30, more and more enemies will begin appearing thanks to the dark. Run along the long passage, killing the battery mimics before they can suck out all of the energy from the conduits. Even if there are other enemies attacking, your sole focus should be the battery mimics as they will bring more enemies to come and attack.
6. Use potions sparingly. Don't use a potion if you have lost only 50 or so health as you will need them for the bigger fights. Use the Eye Drops when necessary and the Antidote as well. But you won't need those too much. The Phoenix Down restores an ally back to life. Don't waste them all on Basch. He dies really easily because he is so weak. If he dies once, revive him only once. If he dies again, don't waste your potions on him as he will keep dying. Vaan and Fran are your sole purpose to keep alive as Vaan is a good fighter, and Fran has cure and other magicks. Balthier you should keep alive however as he will aid your party with his attacks.
7. If you see a big fight where there are no battery mimics feeding on energy conduits, avoid the conflict. You need your health and potions more than you know so run on past them if you can or if it isn't necessary to fight them.
These are general steps to help you get through this rather difficult passage. They are not absolute must's, but they are general steps which coud very well aid you with the task.