Just a Few Starting Tips... - Warhammer 40,000 - Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
Just a Few Starting Tips...
Hey there fellow Dark Crusaders,
A few tips here for anyone who needs em or just wants to know:
When playing as Tau:
1. Never and I mean never send in anything that isn't a Crisis Battlesuit, Tau Commander, Hammerhead, Skyray Gunship or Broadside Battlesuit against vehicles. You may wish to send in Stealthsuits with anti-vehicle weapons but be carefull, they may be guarded by units that detect infiltrated ones or see them by themselves, if you do go with the alternative then you will need a large group of them.
2. Don't even bother trying to beat enemies in melee combat with them. They have the weakest melee ever and will get torn to shreds if a dreadnought gets dropped into the middle of your large army then you are skrewed.
3. Know thy enemy. Don't think about sending ranged units into the middle of a ranged army camp (like Eldar). Send in vehicles instead and if possible fill the ones that hold units with units and drop them off just outside of the main battle to pick off the stragglers and help the vehicles, if they do, however, find your ranged units put them back into the vehicle (should be kept near them at all times in case of this) and take them to a safer location. If you have an ally (person on your side) whilst playing online who isn't Tau (preferably Space Marines or Imp Guard, the two best all rounders) then get them to enter your vehicles aswell to protect the ranged units you are using or to help harrass the enemy. If you are playing a mainly melee army (Orks for example) then keep the most powerful ranged units at the front (if they also have the largest LoS (line of sight) then it's even better) and the ones with the best LoS behind and surround them with vehicles to lower the chances of a flank attack disturbing your army. If you are playing the slower armies (Necrons for example) then just use whatever ranged stuff you want, the chances are very low that they will get close enough to blast you to heck so you are safe unless they bring in skimmers (both destroyer vehicles, tomb spyders and lord destroyers) or Pharias (unit destroying metal).
When Playing as Necrons...
1. There isn't much to say except grab the nearest relic ASAP (allows Monolith, here is a sum... Relic + Energy Core = Restored Monolith + Your Enemies Behind served to you on a silver platter).
2. Once Pharias become avaliable get them, a lot of them. They will desecrate any enemy units and destroy buildings and vehicles easily in melee combat. The same with Immortals, they own any building or vehicle with their twin gauss flayers but I'm not sure about the melee against them yet.
3. Get tomb spyders, they cause the enemy so much bother. They can own with melee and once destoryed, their remains lay in the ground where they were killed, which means every time they get restored they are at the enemies doorstep.
4. When capturing points, send something to protect the scarabs, like one squad of Pharias and one of Immortals (They will own anything that has the unluck of coming within their range).
If you want anything else adding then just ask, I will soon be posting hints for Imp Guard on the Winter Assault Hints section and hints for Orks, Space Marines, Chaos and Eldar on the dawn of war hints.
Until then, goodbye, and thanks for taking the time to read this...
Added by: A Random Game Ra.. Dec 20th 2006, ID#10466