Enable Special Event Camera - The Sims 2
19 Sep 2009, ID#14322 Enable Special Event Camera
I have seen it time and time again, people asking how to enable the special events camera in Sims 2, any expansion pack. Usually the problem is the option is greyed out and cannot be turned on. This does mean, most of the time that a person's PC cannot handle the graphics of the game, but here is what you can do to override this fault:
--I found this override code while re-writing the GraphicsRules.sgr files so I could play at a higher resolution.--
1. Boot up the Sims 2 as normal.
2. Select your neighborhood.
3. While still on the neighborhood screen, bring up the cheat box with ctrl + shift + c.
4. Enter the following into the cheat window exactly as shown:
Boolprop chooseCameraSpecialEventEnabled true
5. Open your options through the "..." button.
6. Click on the camera settings button (looks like a camera).
7. Look at the Special Event Camera option now (first row, second column).
It should be blue and selectable.
8. Turn your camera on and enjoy those special moments with a Sim cinematic!
I hope this helps out anybody still struggling with this old issue, but since I am a bargain shopper I recently picked up The Sims 2. I hope this will help other bargain shopping gamers out there like myself.