Great free players and a good team! - Championship Manager 03/04
Print this Great free players and a good team!
Always check out for expiring contracts or unprotected contracts.
Unprotected contract must be paid with a compensation.
The great players you can get here are:
Always make offer half a year before the contract expires!!!
Robinho, for free halfway through the second season
Thierry Henry, for free after first season.
Diego, end of secon season.
Joe Cole, got him cheap on unprotected contract.
Wayne Bridge, same as Cole.
José Antonio Reyes, same as Cole and Bridge.
Kasper Schmeichel, VERY YOUNG!!! Buy him early when he's under 17.
Nilmar, great young striker.
Dagoberto, March first season.
My team which wins everything! It's Man Utd by the way...
DC: Ferdinand/M. Stewart
MC: Reyes/Le Tallec/D'Agostino
MR: C. Ronaldo/Wright Phillips/Fredheim Holm
-Daniel Braathen and Daniel Fredheim Holm are only available if you activate the Norwegian League, Braathen has 20 pace, 19 acceleration, 20 technique, 20 dribbling and will get good finishing when you play him, for me he has 18.
That looks like a really great forward to me there, and he scores more than a goal a match while playing alongside Robinho.
-D'Agostino is a great free-kick taker and penalty taker and scores a lot too.
-Diego scores long shots and assists loads.
-Reyes is more attacking than Diego, with less assists.
-Dagoberto and Nilmar both have a habit of getting hat-tricks.
-Le Tallec can score nearly as many from center midfield as from forward.
-Ferdinand has 20 heading which is a must for a good defender, look for heading skills in every defender you buy!!!
-Joe Cole is a naggy fella' but is almost as good as Diego.
-Bellion has 20 pace, and all strikers with 20 pace are wicked goal-scorers!
-Kleberson is underrated, this guy has a great passing ability (and is worth loads too ).
-Coloccini is 20 heading and quite young.
-Kasper Schmeichel is the best keeper in the game compared to the money you pay, hands down! Might even be the best of all! And he's young.
-My defenders are mint, didn't buy Lucio, even though he is great, he's too old.
-Bolaños is from LDU Quito, Juventus bought him and snatched him at end of contract.
-C. Ronaldo has quick feet, scores and assists.
-Wright Philips is the same as C. Ronaldo.
Those are my key players, here's a few good hints for you rookies.
- Activate Argentinian and Brazilian Premier Leagues, loads of talent.
- Send Scouts to South-America as well as doing research yourself.
- Look for young talent everywhere!
- As said above, use the contract filter in Player/Staff Search to your advantage.
- Get the free players that you NEED ONLY!!!! If you get too many, you will get many unhappy players that want to play.
- If you can make a training program that focuses on certain points, use it on the ones that need it. Do this for goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders and attackers.
If you have spare time you can designate schedules to important players.
- Try to be professional in your decisions, because screwing around affects your shot at becoming manager for national teams and better teams than yourself.
- Rest players that need rest if you have depth in your squad to fill the hole the player(s) leave. Tired players perform less.
- Play unhappy players until they are comfortable with their position in the team.
- Try to sell the old and un-needed, money means better team. Gain money rather than using money.
- If your unknown with the game, pick a good team rather than your local team. This is for the people don't live in citys with the worlds finest.
- A large wage budget allows you better free players, as the contract offer is what the players look for.
- Winning cups increases your reputation, reputation is good.
Here are players that can help your team. Expensive isn't always good.
The players in the team aren't mentioned here.
Gamst Pedersen, Tromsø, don't know if you need to activat Norwegian League.
Fredy W. Thompson, Comunicaciones (?), must have large database, go to preferences at main menu.
Giampaolo Pazzini, Atalanta, Atalanta are full of young goodies.
Rooney, expensive but nice.
Lucio, Leverkusen, a little old...
Diego Lima, Internacional, not Inter, Lima is because of the other Diego, look a full name.
Martins, Inter, young and dangerous.
Blondel, Tottenham, sets up lots of goals.
Alessio Cerci, Roma, scores!
Basaran Irfan, Galatasaray, 13 at the start,
Fabien Brandy, Man Utd, scores lots, haven't gotten to use him...
Use this well and good luck.