Ghosts Splinter Cell Chaos Theory DS Glitches & Tricks FAQ
Glitches and Tricks found by:
Ghost64 (Most of them are found by me, unless stated otherwise)
Uncle Sporky (Another FAQ maker)
PSXcube (Another FAQ maker)
Why a glitch FAQ for SC DS? Because it's a very glitchy game!
NOTE: Any new glitches or tricks found by someone other than me may be
unverified. Meaning I have not taken the time to see if they work. It may be
the case that it is very difficult.
Ghosts Splinter Cell DS Glitches and Tricks FAQ
V 1.0- Only had some glitches that could be done anywhere, and Training Area
V 1.1- Added some more glitches that can be done anywhere, and some Lighthouse
glitches. And also revised misspellings and typos.
V 1.2- Added some more glitches that can be done anywhere, changed this to a
"Glitch, and Trick FAQ" cause it used to be just a glitch FAQ. Also added the
rest of the level sections with some glitches, and revised everything. Lastly,
I added the Thanks Section.
V 1.3- Added yet some more glitches, and highlighted tricks and glitches I
thought were cool. Lastly, I put out my email so that other people can add
glitches they found.
V 1.4- I finally beat the game and unlocked all the costumes too, (Except for
the Hokkaido one) so I entered some more glitches, and also added a legend. I
fixed my old format so that itís more readable. Lastly I put this some gaming
sites including GameFAQs.com.
V 1.5- Added yet some more glitches I found myself, plus added something to the
legend. I also unlocked the last costume in the game. This means that I
completed it entirely!
V 1.6- I accidently submitted the last version without the codes! Silly me...
v 1.7- It's been awhile scince I've updated this... the reason is cause I
recently got many of my DS games stolen and bought it back. Most of the new codes
I added were found by someone else.
*s = How difficult the glitch is to preform. 1 star is very easy, 3 stars is
medium, and 5 stars is very difficult.
F.E. = Full Equipment Mode needed. (To turn on, complete the game, go to
Options>Extras and turn Full Equipment on.)
NEW! = Indicates that the trick/glitch has just been added in the recent
So far, I only have glitches for certain levels. I'll update this FAQ later.
These glitches/tricks can be done anywhere:
1. Taking bodies through other rooms: This is simple, 1st, grab the body and
carry it up to a door, drop it, open the door and get the body again. Now carry
it through the door. It's a pain but if you want to do it then there's no other
2. Body Twitching: Sometimes when you set bodies down next to objects, or
walls, they'll instantly change positions. Sometimes they even twitch back and
forth. I can't say how to make them twitch like that. *****
3. Autoducking: There are some areas in the game when your character will
automatically duck without you having to push the button. (Difficult to Find:
4. Invisible Bodies: If you lay multiple bodies down in the exact same spot,
it'll look like there is just one body there, and you can only pick up one of
them. But then the other one/s will appear. **** (Itís tough to lay them in the
exact same spot.
5. Bodies Fall Through Walls: Sometimes you can lay/drop bodies through walls
partially. This works best by grabbing them 1st, going up to a wall or corner,
turning around (So they face the wall), and dropping them. ***
6. IMPORTANT NOTE! Five Ways to Drop Foes: Having trouble with the body drop
glitches? There are five ways to drop foes: 1- Grab them, and press Y (Slits
their throat and drops them, not sure if this is an different than #2 though),
2- Grab them, and press B (Knocks them out), 3- Pick them up and press B (Sets
them down), 4- Pick them up and press R (Drops them immediately behind you and
makes Fisher pull out his gun), 5- Walk off a ledge with them (Drops them and
makes you fall). (N/A Ė No stars needed)
7. Waste Sticky Cams: You can actually waste sticky cams by firing them at
bodies, foes, or firing them out of the level map. Not much of a glitch. **
8. Head Through Wall: While crouching, press up against a wall, you're head
will go through a little bit. *
9. Hold Bodies Wrong Way/ Fall Through Wall: Sometimes when doing glitch #5,
you'll still be able to pick the bodies up. Fisher will either pick 'them up
the wrong way, or he'll go through the wall to pick him up and fall into
10. Disappearing Bodies Using Doors: Place a body inside a doorway and go on
both sides with the door closed. On one side, the personís body should be
11. Partial Invisibility?: I'm not quite sure how to do this one, but sometimes
Fisher will become partially invisible. I think the easiest way to test this
out is to play around with the body on that lighthouse at the end of the level
until you see the graphics go weird. *****
12. Heat Vision Secret: One neat thing I heard from another FAQ is that you can
apparently switch to heat vision and watch a dead guys body get cold after
killing him. This one doesn't work with knocked out bodies. Awesome. (N/A Ė No
Found by Uncle Sporky
13. Dead or Alive?: This game is very weird with deaths, on one hand if you
knock out a guard, he'll never get back up at all, and you can shoot his body
and the game won't say you killed him (Even if you're on a no-kill mission).
Also you can kill yourself with a grenade on a no-kill mission, and Lambert
will say that you're killing innocent people. I didn't know that Sam was all
that innocent. *
Found by Uncle Sporky
14. Bonus Outfit Bug: Apparently if you skip getting a bonus outfit for 1
level, you won't be able to choose the last one you unlocked until you fill in
the gaps. This one happened to me a couple of times. ***
Found by Uncle Sporky
15. Un-save-able Game: Sometimes an error message comes up when trying to save.
"Game Deck Memory Full". This should NOT happen at all cause there are 3
saving slots in the game but it still does. This has never happened to me, but
that's probably because I didn't beat the game yet. If you lose the mission and
try to load the last save, it may tell you that the game data was corrupted.
A good way to avoid all this is to pick up every item in a level, and avoid
killing guards. Apparently the game has to save all the items and the dead
bodies. Some people think that the guards may be turned into items. If you DO
want to test this glitch out, then kill all the guards, and don't pick up ammo.
Found by Uncle Sporky
16. Drop Bodies Off Ledges: You can do this by walking over to a ledge, turning
around, and pressing ďRĒ. Sometimes, they just disappear. **
17. Glitches With Stairs: Pretty much any place with stairs, and a body you can
perform glitches. Sometimes while picking bodies up on stairs weird things will
start to happen:
A. You may fall through the floor ďinto hellĒ. ***
B. You might pick them up in such a way so that when you turn, they donít. ****
C. You might pick them up oddly. **
D. The bodies might disappear when dropped. ***
E. You might fall through the floor, but instead of dying, you may fall into a
small area or box of blackness under the stairs. This doesnít happen often
F. You may fall through the floor into another room. *****
18. Cycle Through Icons While Loading: Most people may already know this,
but if youíre getting tired of the loading screens then try this. Wait for a
character to speak so that his/her icon appears on the top or bottom of the
screen. Now press B to fast-forward through the cut scene. All the characters
icons that normally appear on the top or bottom while watching the cut scene
will appear one by one. (No difficulty stars needed.)
19. NEW! Pipe Glitch (VERY COOL!): Here is a brand new glitch found by "DarkYoshi",
who emailed me several glitches. Okay now anywhere where there is a pipe, try this:
jump on it, and holster your gun. Now shoot once, unholster it, and press either A or
B immedietly. If you pressed B then you will be temporarly walking around with your
arm up, but if you pressed A then you will be pipe climbing on nothing below the pipe!
You'll see what I mean when you try it, and if you keep going down this way, you can
fall through the floor! *
Found by DarkYoshi
20. NEW! Invincibility Trick: If you unlocked full equipment mode then equip a med pack
and repeatedly press L when going through dangerous areas. F.E.
Teleporting- In the training session, there are certain ways you can teleport
to the beginning of a room:
*Walk through Laser Detector
*Get spotted by a camera
*Get spotted by a guard
These can be used for various glitches as well.
1. Get in Room 3 in the 2nd Training Session Without Going Through Door: After
completing the 1st section of training, go through the hall, and into the next
room. Now go up to the next door, but BASH it open. Don't go in it, but wait
for the guard to see you. You'll teleport and the door will close behind you! *
2. Knock out Guard in Room 2 Instead of 3: Perform glitch #1 but this time hide
in the corner next to the door and wait for the guard to come. As soon as you
see the whites of his eyes grab him (sneakily) and press B. This one might take
a few tries. ***
3. Body Hangs/Falls in Midair: Using the "Take Bodies through other rooms"
glitch, take the 1st guards body into the next room and walk right up to the
other guard. When the message is done, you'll teleport but the body won't and
you'll see it fall on the ground! If you pick it up again right before the
message is done, you'll see it float up in the air, hang, and then fall again!
This can also be done with the cameras later on in the level. **
4. Teleport Alternately Through Two Rooms: Go to the room with the camera and
sticky shockers. Run up to the door and open it. The camera will see you so
you'll teleport back. Run through the now open door and keep going past the
boxes. The other camera will see you and you'll teleport again back to the 1st
room. Then run so that the camera spots you again. As long as you keep running
you'll keep teleporting. ***
5. Frozen Shockwaves: Take extra sticky shockers, and get as far as the Laser
Detectors. Now shoot them with the sticky shocker. The animation sometimes will
freeze but it doesn't always do this. I can't figure out why. ***
6. Zombie Guard: Get to the 2nd guard, but donít interrogate him. Instead,
shoot him with a sticky shocker. (Youíll need full equipment.) Lambert should
say, ďYouíve failed to interrogate the guard.Ē And then an alarm will go on for
a second. The alarm will soon go away, and youíll teleport, so go back over to
the guardís body. He should look like heís sitting up a little, but heís really
knocked out. Sometimes, before he falls down, heíll fire up in the air! ** F.E.
7. NEW! Survive the Zombie Guard: Usually after he stops shooting, he'll die. So try
running up to him before he does! You probably won't be able to kill him by gun,
so run around his back and grab him if you can. How long can you survive with
him alive? *** F.E.
Found by DarkYoshi
8. Eyes in The Back of His Head: Go behind the 1st guard and shoot
someplace other than his head. Even when his back is turned, heíll still ďspotĒ
you. * F.E.
9. Invisible Bullet: Take out your SC-20K rifle, and fire repeatedly at
either of the guards so that you kill them. Lambert will yell at you. But next
time you holster it youíll hear a gunshot, but nothing will happen! ** F.E.
10. NEW! Funny Sam + Statue Guard: I found a really weird glich! Stun the guard
(1st guard?), then immedietly pick him up before grimsdotterends her speech.
Sam will be in the position of holding a body but be holding nothing! Now
Pressing A or B will make you drop the air! Go over to the guard, and you'll
see that he can't move or speak. Also, the guard will move with you until you
set the air down! *** F.E. (possibly needed)
Found by DarkYoshi
1. Sticky Cam Glitch in Lighthouse: Right at the level beginning, shoot a
sticky cam over the rocks, or out into the sea. BE CAREFUL not to shoot it too
far though, or you'll waste one. You should be able to see a glitchy screen,
with the level, but blackness all around it. Try shooting them up the mountain
too just for fun. **
2. Autoducking Glitch in Lighthouse: Get to the area with the pipe, the ditch,
the ladder, and the boxes, (before the bad guys) and climb up either on the
boxes on the upper left, or the lower left. Now walk under the platform. Fisher
should duck automatically. *
3. Through the Platform: In that same area as in glitch #2, go up on the boxes
again either on the upper left, or the lower left. And jump up to grab the
platform. DO NOT use the ladder. Sometimes when doing this, you'll instead
cling to the box on top of the platform and be hanging there part of you above
the platform, and part of you below it! ***
3. Fall Into Hell in Lighthouse: After killing the 1st guy, bash the door on
the next one and take him to the upper left corner of the room he's in. Drop
him, and pick him up again. If you're lucky, you'll go through the wall as you
pick him up, and fall into blackness. This may take a few tries. ***
4. Fall Into Evil Box: Now take the 2nd guys body and drop him in the right
corner this time, and pick him up. Again, if you're lucky you'll pick him up,
but then drop him, and then fall through the floor and cling to the inside of
invisible box. You can now press right and left to go around the inside of it.
Hold B to rapidly land/get up again. I call it tap dancing! Press A to climb
back up, but fall to your death anyway. Remember: Try all the body drop
techniques on this one. ***
5. Fall Into Hell in Lighthouse 2: This one is easy. When you get to the zip
line over "water" go under the zip line, but don't take it. Instead, fall off
the right, and hopefully you'll go through into blackness. *
6. Stand on Air: Go to delivery box #2, and jump to pull yourself up. Use the
touch screen or a sticky cam to change your view so you can see yourself
standing on air right above it! *
7. Odd Guard Behavior: Before going in the door that leads to the 1st guard,
throw a grenade. The guard should notice. Now walk over to the door and look
under it with your optic cable. Heíll either be repeatedly turning around
without going anywhere, or standing by the door, or walking in circles against
the wall. Also try throwing a grenade in the area right before the gunshots,
and the cut scene, where the red ladder is. The guard may not notice it at 1st
but wait until he gets closer to throw one. You can do this with any other
guards in the game that are in rooms with doors that are locked or canít be
open. *** F.E.
8. Fuse With Tripod Light/Pick Up Body Weird/Disappearing Body: After the cut
scene, right before you start scanning the delivery boxes, kill the guard down
there, and take his body. Now go to the right until you hit the wall, and turn
left until you go past some boxes, a light with a tripod, and youíll soon be in
a little area. Now keep placing the guard in different walls in corners there,
and keep picking him up. Odd things will start to happen. ***
9. Body Hover Glitch: Go over to where the 2nd delivery box is, and knock out
that guard. Now set his body in between the two gun racks. Usually, when you
pick him up youíll be able to turn, but the body wonít turn with you. Itíll
look like itís hovering wherever you walk. ** - **** (I think itís easy, but my
friends have told me that itís tough for them. Maybe I just have the magic
10. Hold Body Weird in Lighthouse: Get to the hall with all the boxes soon
after Delivery Box # 2 and set a body in the corner of some boxes. (Canít
remember which ones, but it should work with any.) Pick it up again and you
should hold it weird. **
11. Fall Into Hell in Lighthouse 3/ Stairs Glitch in Lighthouse: Shortly after
the hallway with some boxes, you should reach a save point. After that, knock
out the two guards, and put a body on the stairs. Pick it up again, keep doing
this in different parts of the stairs and you should eventually fall through
when you pick it up. There are also other stairs in the game where you could
try this, but this way is the easiest I think. ***
12. The Oblivious Guard: After taking out the 1st guard, go to the door
with the next guard leaning against it. The guard wonít notice most things you
do here so throw a flash bang grenade near the door. Then IMMEDIATELY look
under the door with your optic cable. Heíll flinch, but wonít do anything else.
There are other guards like this throughout the game. Can you find them? ** F.E.
13. NEW! Fight Lacerda and his Guard!: Before you go down the stairs for the
cutscene, throw chaff grenades down there until you get their attention. Wait for
a minute and you'll see them coming up! WARNING: Lacerda and the guard are both
now invincible! Look below on how to kill and glitch them! ** F.E.
Found by DarkYoshi
14. NEW! Zombie Lacerda and Guard: After preforming the above glitch they will
both be invincible. Fighting them is like a boss battle. Here's what you do: Lure
them over to you (Alarms are okay), and then hide until "CAUTION" meter goes down
and sneak up and grab them. Press Y to slit his throat. He'll still be alive but he
can't move! Shoot him and you can hear him say "OW!"!
Found by DarkYoshi
1. Sticky Cam Glitch in Bank: Fire a cam at the cross way behind you at the
start of the level. You'll see the level boundaries plus some glitchy lines in
the blackness. Also to see in the bank without getting inside, simply fire a
cam down the hatch. **
2. Hold Body Weird in Bank: Drag the 2nd guys body over to the lower left
corner (by that big computer that deactivates the lasers) turn around, and
knock him out there. Sometimes when picking him up, you'll hold him weird. ***
3. Body Teleport to Another Room: Go to the room with all the computers and the
one guard. Take him out and take his body to the door at the end and set it
down at the corner between the locker and the wall. NOT the corner by the door.
Sometimes, he'll go through the wall on the other side, and you'll see his feet
sticking out. You can pick him up again in the other room! ***
4. Stairs Glitch in Bank and Fall Into Hell in Bank: When you reach the stairs,
set bodies down there. Sometimes their head and torso will be hovering while
their feet are on the stairs! Also when you pick 'them up it does weird things
sometimes. Sometimes you'll fall through the stairs, and into blackness. ***
5. Fuse With Table: In the small room with four computers and a camera with the
keypad door. If you approach the table from the right, and get the sticky
shocker you'll go through it and get stuck. Cool. **
Found by Uncle Sporky
6. Disappearing Grenade: When you get to the safe, before opening it,
throw a grenade at it then IMMEDIATELY run towards the safe so that Grimsdottir
tells you to open it first. The grenade will not detonate or hurt you. ** F.E.
NOTE: Being that this is a timed mission, it isn't easy to find glitches here.
1. I heard that there was a glitch here where when you get up on the boxes with
the cut scene that appears. Sometimes you fall off, I guess but this has never
happened to me before. I guess it's all how you get on the boxes. ***? (I
havenít yet done this so Iím not sure how tough it is.).
Found by PSXcube
2. Harmless Grenade: At the end of the level, throw a grenade in the
elevator and enter it quickly. It should detonate and even deplete all your
health, but you wonít die, and youíll complete the mission. ** F.E.
1. Mess Up The Cut Scene: Before you walk through the elevator into the
level, throw any of your grenades out there so that the guards notice, then go
out. The usual cut scene should play but one of several things may happen.
A. One or more of the guards will be walking back and forth, disrupting the cut
B. One or more of the guards will not be shown in the cut scene.
C. One or more of the guards will be facing the wrong direction.
D. The guards will find Sam, and kill him during the cut scene.
E. One or more of the guards will be dead.
This can lead to funny situations; it all depends on where the grenade lands.
2. Stairs Glitch in Penthouse/Fuse With Couch: Again, the stairs in this
level will have odd effects by dropping and picking bodies up on them. If you
can manage to get the body to hover next to the stairs above the couch, (This
works best with the bottom part) then try picking him up. Youíll drop him, fall
down into the couch and be trapped in the couch. You can get out by picking up
the body if itís next to the couch. This allows you to take funny screenshots
as crouching makes it look like Sam is sitting on the couch watching the nearby
TV. *** F.E.
1. Stairs Glitch in Displace/Fall Into Evil Box/Skip a Cut Scene: When you
get to the winding stairs try setting a body down and picking it up again on
the stairs. Sometimes, youíll fall through the stairs down 1 floor! This allows
you to skip the cut scene at the beginning! Iím not sure if this affects
anything else though. Oh, and by the way, if you fall through the stairs at the
bottom you may land in a dark box similar to the one in the lighthouse glitch!
Remember: Press right and left to go around the inside of it. Hold B to rapidly
land/get up again. I call it tap dancing! Press A to climb back up, but fall to
your death anyway. ***
1. Stairs Glitch in Hokkaido: When you get to the area with the two guards,
just through the vent, knock 'them out, and place them on the small stairs.
Sometimes, when picking them up you'll go right through the stairs or the
platform. You can jump to get out. Also try picking them up then walking off
one side of the stairs so you drop them, and then fall. ****
1. This isn't a glitch but it looks like it might be. When you get to the top
of the pipe with those lasers, you are supposed to jump across and catch the
ledge on the other side. You'll take damage, so sometimes you die just by
catching the ledge if you have little enough health, and you'll fall down and
die (Again?). Odd. ***
Found by Uncle Sporky
2. The Rat: At some point in this level after crawling through a vent
youíll come to an area with three guards and a radio. After killing them and
walking to the right youíll see a rat scurrying across the floor. I doubt you
can pick it up, kill it, or interact with it in any way. Iíve tried so I know.
Not a glitch, but still a neat little Easter Egg they added in the level that
so many people miss. (No difficulty stars needed.)
Machi Yakko Hotel:
PSXcube & Uncle Sporky, the guys who made the FAQs where I figured out some
more glitches and got further in the game.
Also I was inspired to make a glitch FAQ by Swordless Link, whom also made a
Glitch FAQ for another DS game.
Thanks to all the websites who posted this or let me post it! GameFAQs, IGN,
I thank you! For taking the time to read this!
Help wanted! I need help to find all the other glitches in this game!
If you'd like to tell me about a glitch that isn't in here, email me at
Bstal@comcast.net. Thanks ahead of time.
When submitting a trick or a glitch:
1. Be sure to explain exactly how the glitch is preformed.
2. Tell me on a scale of one to five how difficult it was for you to perform
3. It might be better to label your email so I donít throw it in a junk mail
folder accidentally before looking at it. (Examples: ďRe: Glitch/Trick
SubmissionĒ ďRe: Splinter Cell DS FAQĒ)
4. Make up a name that you want to be preferred to in my later version.
(Otherwise, youíll be named as Anonymous.)
The Word Document: For the 1.5 Version Word Document copy this into your
browser (You'll need the Microsoft Office/Word program):
(The download link should be somewhere towards the top of the page. You'll have
to enter the code that it says.)