Freelancer: Don't use after you get other jobs unless you want to make in level 99 job. If you grind use it in quest to get good steal items after you get aircraft in the floating continent.
1) Normally very quick.
2) Steals items that can be used by scholar.
3) Can open lock doors without magic keys.
1) In beginning of game is useful but by end is not as effective as other melee jobs.
1) Get to job level 30 to steal items that normally can't be bought like Bomb Fragment and Antarctic Wind.
2) Must be job level 71 to get Odin's Spear.
3) Used to get items for scholar to use.
1) Gets some of the most effective weapons in game.
2) Advance does extra damage.
3) Can be used at end of game as an effective job.
1) Not really any other than it is a boring job strategy wise.
1) Advance doesn't hurt defense as bad a the game wants you to think so use it most of the time unless with high attack bosses.
1) Powerful black magic
2) Very useful in first half of game especially against most bosses.
3) Has better physical attack than most black mage in final fantasy games.
1) As game progresses Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder don't catch up like in other games. It becomes useless.
2) The spells to case status ailments normally are useless. The best one is Breakga but sell sleep and blind (you find them in boxes) because they are pretty useless.
1) Most useful job in game until get it's upgrade.
2) Cure magic is normally good and Aero does okay attack.
1) Hardest game to get Raise or Phoenix Down of Final Fatasy.
2) Has virtually no physical attack.
1) Can have one of the best attacks in game up until it's upgrade.
2) Doesn't need weapons but the weapons are always found all over the place. Good for selling.
1) Job level significantly affects attack ability.
2) In beginning of game it is a weak job because of lack of armor and attack.
1) Don't bother using retaliate with one enemy because it does double damage but chances of being hit are 25% if none of your buddies are dead.
1) Can use both black and white magic up til level 5.
2) Can hold a variety of weapons and has good defense.
1) Must keep up job levels because magic is lower than white and black mages. If you don't use it for a long time period it can have useless magic capabilites.
1) Often times you go through cave and have to fight boss at end. Conserve MP by using it as melee unit then use magic at battle.
1) Good magic and no MP use.
2) Has pretty good physical attack.
1) Has a bad ability in some places called whirlpool inwhich almost always misses. It is randomly selected with other effective magic.
2) Uses same boring abilities over and over again.
1) For some reason the magic is effective regardless of weaknesses or strengths so don't get concern about elements.
1) All attack items use double the damage with scholar.
2) Makes use of the extra potions.
3) Very easy to get job levels.
1) Guard is replaced with Study. Study is sometime useful but guard is more necessary especially when scholars are not gifted with great defense.
2) Leveling up with Scholars can screw up HP.
3) Doesn't double health received when using Phoenix Down.
1) When you first are able to get scholar it's attack with Arctic wind is the most powerful attack you will have at that times.
1) Barrage can double attack on one enemy.
2) Can attack from back row.
3) The best chance of putting status ailments on enemies is to use Ranger's arrows.
1) Almost all boss battles are with one enemy and barrage doesn't double attack unless there is more than one enemy.
1) Covers buddies from attack when they are at low life.
2) Has high defense and good attack.
3) Defend is better than guard.
1) White magic is normally weaker than other jobs.
1) Preferred melee unit in tough boss battles because of cover and high defense.
1) Gives positive status more effectively than other jobs.
2) Sing is always first thing in battle.
1) Harps are expensive and some stay disappointing. The healing one does max 20% health but at high job levels.
1) You can change weapons without losing a turn so start with Madara harp and then switch with Lamia or Dream Harp. Can also use daggers.
1) Soul eater is very good attack and is higher even on multiple enemies than normal attack.
1) Souleater can cut your HP enough to make you faint easily.
1) Find blood sword and give it to dark knight to make up for HP lost Souleater.
2) Souleater attack effectiveness is base on current HP. Use when HP is high.
1) High attack when using summons. MP even on all summons.
2) Heatra can heal you a 1000 HP when first get Evoker.
1) Easy to miss place to get summons making evoker useless for a while.
2) Summons do defensive magic or attack magic randomly. Only Heatra doesn't try to put useless status ailments on enemy when using defensive magic.
1) High defense.
2) Provoke is the only status thing that works on bosses. Provoke makes enemies attack Viking besides other players.
1) Slow and not best attacker.
2) Provoke doesn't work at lower job levels.
1) Jump can save dragoon from damage and can attack flying enemies with higher damage.
2) Has high defense.
1) Jump leaves more vulnerable job units to get hit.
2) Can cause HP to be lower than other jobs when leveling up.
1) Use viking in battle with it or Knight so another high defensive player in in field while in air.
1) When leveling up HP will be higher than with other jobs.
2) Has highest attack in game at high job levels.
1) Boost is useless. Just attack twice.
1) Can throw items like shiriken that takes 9999 damage off enemies.
2) High speed and takes good weapons.
3) Can attack effectively in back row.
1) Has low defense especially against magic.
1) Most diverse magic user in game. Can use summons like evoker.
1) Is seen as upgrade to Red Mage but doesn't have good melee ability.
1) Has highest attack magic in game and has good MP.
1) Just the defense issues that most mages have.
1) Better MP for high levels than black mage.
1) Fire, blizzard, and thunder are useless at this part of the game.
1) Has better MP than white mage.
1) Can't really attack like white mage.
1) Level 90 or above awesome.
1) Bad job up until level 90.
Added by: rabbyradical Oct 30th 2012, ID#17667