The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
100% Item Walkthrough
Version 1.0 ~ 05/28/07
First submitted version of the guide.
Version 1.1 ~ 01/11/08
Changed contact info.. changed formatting to make navigation easier.
Before Dungeon 1...............0101
Before Dungeon 2...............0103
Before Dungeon 3...............0105
Great Bay Temple...............0106
Before Dungeon 4...............0107
Stone Tower Temple.............0108
End of the Quest...............0109
This is a condensed walkthrough that allows the reader to see, at a glance,
all the items he is able to get at any time. It also shows the general
locations for each and every item, then specific instructions for exactly how
to get them. Also included in this walkthrough are the specific methods for
getting through the dungeons as fast as possible. If you're starting to read
this in the middle of your game, be sure to skim the parts of the guide that
follow the earlier parts of the game to make sure you didn't miss any items
so far. The walkthrough follows this general outline:
a. (Items available before first dungeon)
- Get <first item> <location>
Instructions of exactly how to get the item
- Get <next item> <location>
1. (first dungeon)
Dungeon notes: (General things to know about the dungeon)
Step-by-step dungeon walkthrough:
To the compass
To the map
To the secret item
To the boss
b. (Items available after the first dungeon)
Take place directly after the ending of Ocarina of Time, in the
Young Link timeline.
In the land of Hyrule, there echoes a legend.
A legend held dearly by the Royal Family that tells of a boy...
A boy who, after battling evil and saving Hyrule, crept away
from the land that had made him a legend...
Done with the battles he once waged across time, he embarked
on a journey. A secret and personal journey...
A journey in search of a beloved and invaluable friend...
A friend with whom he parted ways when he finally fulfilled
his heroic destiny and took his place among legends...
Majora's Mask is the direct follow-up to Ocarina of Time, but
surprisingly, it has its own very unique feel thanks to the time system
unique to this game. Link's quest is also unique; you must save Clock Town
from being destroyed by a giant moon by the end of the third day of the town
carnival. The entire game takes place inside these three days; if you don't
save the town at the end of the third day, it's game over. Fortunately, Link
has complete control over time: Equipped with the Ocarina and the song of
time, Link can travel back through time to the first day whenever he wants.
The difficulty curve is high in MM, not only because of the time
system, but because it throws you into a hard situation at the beginning of
the game. After you get your Ocarina back from the Skull Kid, the game saves
for the first time. After that, you can only save your game by playing the
Song of Time or by saving at one of the owl statues scattered throughout the
map. Also, while the three-day time limit may seem restricting to some, it's
generally plenty of time. You can also slow the time by playing the Song of
Time backwards on your Ocarina. When you go back in time, you lose all the
money that's not stored in the bank. Also, you lose loose items like
arrows, bombs, and deku sticks, but you keep the base Bow, Bomb Bag, etc.,
and everything else. Certain events can only happen at certain times of the
day; pay close attention to what the NPCs say to get clues.
Get antiquated with Clock Town before you move on to the first
dungeon. Not much happens in Southern Clock Town. In West Clock Town,
there's a banker that will save your money for you, in addition to a few
shops and the Postman's office. Get quick and easy cash by repeatedly
killing the Dodongos outside Death Moutain. North Clock Town is bare except
for a hole that leads to the Deku Playground and a cave that leads to the
town's Great Fairy. East Clock Town is where most of the attractions are; in
addition to the minigame stores, there's the mayor's office, the Stock Pot
Inn, and the Romany Milk Bar. You get the Bomber's Notebook early in the
quest; the notebook entries are automatically completed when you help the
people in the notebook. As you play more, you encounter lots of people that
have needs, and the notebook makes note of when you fulfill them and what
prize they give you. It's possible to complete the notebook before stepping
foot into the third dungeon.
MM has the most collectable Heart Pieces of any Zelda game, thanks to
having only four dungeons. You can find them anywhere, but it's tougher than
in previous Zelda games, because you also have to worry about what times
certain Heart Piece quests become available. MM also has 24 collectable masks
in the game. There are the three most important masks: The Deku, Goron, and
Zora masks which transform Link into those respective races, in addition to
many other types of masks which offer varying effects. For instance, the
Bunny Mask makes Link run faster, and the Kamaro Mask lets Link do a strange
dance. There's almost always a Heart Piece or two that can be found using
each mask's function.
Once you're ready to begin exploring the world around Clock Town,
you'll find that there are four distinct areas of interest, each of which has
a big problem. The first area is the Deku Swamp; the Dekus have lost their
princess and the swamp has turned poisonous. Next is Goron Mountain, in which
the mountain has turned to a very cold environment uncomfortable for the
Gorons. Then there is the Great Bay, in which the Zoras have had their eggs
kidnapped by the Gerudo Pirates and their best singer has lost her voice.
Finally, the Ikana Valley is overrun by mummies! By defeating the respective
boss for each area, you rid the area of these bad effects (unfortunately,
they return when you go back in time). Should you need to defeat a boss a
second time, the next time you go to the dungeon there will be a teleporter
that takes you directly to the boss of the respective dungeon. When you are
told to go a specific direction like east or northwest or south in the
walkthrough, that direction is according to the dungeon map. Also, for each
dungeon there are 15 stray fairies you must find and return to their
respective fairy fountain located somewhere outside the dungeon. The Great
Fairy Mask lights up when fairies are near, giving you clues to their
Before Dungeon 1 
Clock Town Map
Romany Ranch Map
Great Bay Map
Big Bomb Bag
Town Land Title Deed
Swamp Land Title Deed
"Song of Time"
"Song of Healing"
"Song of Soaring"
"Sonata of Awakening"
Deku Scrub Mask
Great Fairy Mask
1 Bottle (#1)
17 Heart Pieces (#1-#17)
- Get Deku Nuts (Skull Kid Woods)
From where you gain control at the start of the game, enter the cave to fall
down a hole and be turned into a Deku Scrub. Go through the door, then dive
into the flower and launch yourself to the other side and through the next
door. Launch straight forward and get the Deku Nuts from the chest.
- Get Magic Meter (North Clock Town)
From there, use the flowers to get across the room, and through the twisting
hallway. Meet the Happy Mask Man and enter Clock Town. Go south and up the
side ramp to get to the Laundry Pool. Get the stray fairy in the water, then
go back to South Clock Town. Go north past the clock tower to get to North
Clock Town, then turn left and go up into the cave. Talk to the Great Fairy
and she will give you a Magic Meter.
- Get Moon's Tear (Termina Field)
In North Clock Town, shoot the blue bubble in the air, then talk to the red-
clothed boy. You have to catch the 5 boys by tomorrow morning: 2 are in the
North Clock Town area, one is in West Clock Town, and 2 in East Clock Town;
use the flower to launch up and get the boys in the east part of town. They
will give you the code to the hideout. Talk to the boy gaurding the entrance
in East Clock Town and you can enter. Go through the hideout and burst the
bubble blocking the ladder to get to the Observatory. Talk to the old man at
the telescope and look through it. Gaze at the top of the clock tower to spot
the Skull Kid. Now take the door outside to the field and get the Moon's Tear
that dropped from the sky.
- Get Town Land Title Deed (South Clock Town)
In South Clock Town, approach the deku flower, then give the Moon's Tear to
the Deku Scrub that appears. You will get the title deed for this flower.
- Get Heart Piece #1 (South Clock Town)
Use that flower to launch to the entrance of the clock tower and get the Heart
Piece sitting there.
- Get Ocarina (Clock Tower)
Talk with the scarecrow in the Observatory to pass time until the night of
the final day. At midnight, the clock tower opens up. Use the deku flower to
reach the entrance and enter. When you face the Skull Kid, hit him with a
bubble, then pick up the Ocarina he drops.
- Learn "Song of Time" (Clock Tower)
You will remember this song from Zelda. Play it to save your game and revert
back to the first day.
- Learn "Song of Healing" (South Clock Town)
- Get Deku Scrub Mask (South Clock Town)
Go back to the Happy Mask Man and he will teach you this song. You will
change back to human Link, and be given the Deku Scrub Mask.
- Learn "Song of Double Time/Inverted Song of Time" (South Clock Town)
Play V-A->-V-A-> on the Ocarina to play the Inverted Song of Time and slow
down the flow of time. Play >->-A-A-V-V on the Ocarina to warp to the night
of this day or the morning of the next day.
- Purchase Clock Town Map (5 rupees) (North Clock Town)
- Purchase Woodfall Map (40 rupees) (North Clock Town)
Go to North Clock Town and shoot down Tingle on his baloon with your Deku
bubble. Purchase these maps from him.
- Purchase Bomb Bag (50 rupees) (Bomb Shop)
- Purchase Bombchus (40 rupees) (Bomb Shop)
Enter the Bomb Shop from West Clock Town and purchase these items.
- Get Heart Piece #2 (Swordsman's School)
Enter the Swordsman's School from West Clock Town and pay 10 rupees to play
the sword game here. Jump attack all the wooden poles to get the Heart Piece.
- Get Adult's Wallet (West Clock Town)
Deposit 200 rupees at the banker in West Clock Town to get this upgrade.
- Get Bomber's Notebook (North Clock Town)
Blow up the bubble near Jim in North Clock Town and find the 5 boys again as
human Link, and you will get the Bomber's Notebook as a reward and complete
the Bomber's Notebook Entry.
- Get Heart Piece #3 (North Clock Town)
Climb up the playground platforms in North Clock Town and jump across to the
Heart Piece in the tree.
- Get Kafei Mask (Mayor's Residence)
Go to East Clock Town and enter the mayor's house in the north part of the
area. Go through the right door and talk to Kafei's mother to get this mask.
- Get Blast Mask (North Clock Town)
Go to North Clock Town and on midnight of the first day. Attack the robber
that tries to steal from the old woman. She will give you this mask, and
you will complete the BombShop Owner's Mother Notebook Entry.
- Purchase Big Bomb Bag (90 rupees) (Bomb Shop)
After saving the Bomb Shop owner's mother, enter the Bomb Shop to purchase
this newly available upgrade.
- Get Bremen Mask (Laundry Pool)
Enter the Laundry Pool at night and talk to the man on the bench to get this
mask. You will complete the Mr. Gul-Gul Notebook entry.
- Get Great Fairy Mask (North Clock Town)
Rescue the stray fairy again at the Laundry Pool, then give it back to the
Great Fairy in North Clock Town as human Link to get this mask.
- Get Deku Sticks (Termina Field)
Leave Clock Town by talking to a guard as human Link. You can get Deku
Sticks dropped from Piranha plants throughout southern Termina Field.
- Purchase Romani Ranch Map (20 rupees) (Milk Road)
- Purchase Great Bay Map (40 rupees) (Milk Road)
Enter Milk Road from southwest Termina Field, and shoot down Tingle with a
bubble. Purchase these maps from him.
- Get Bunny Hood (Romany Ranch)
On the final day, the road to Romani Ranch from Milk Road will be unblocked.
Enter the ranch, then go all the way to the west end. Enter the right-hand
door here. Put on the Bremen Mask, then hold B and make all 10 of the
chicklets follow you to turn them into chickens. The man will give you the
Bunny Hood afterwards, and you will complete the Mr. Nadeklo Notebook Entry.
- Get Heart Piece #4 (Romani Ranch)
Go back to the ranch and enter the left-hand door on the west end. Play the
dog-race mini-game here and bet at least 50 rupees. If you win, you'll get
a Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #5 (Postman's Office)
The Postman's office is in West Clock Town. Follow the postman around the
town until he goes into his office for a break. Enter after him. Put on the
Bunny Hood, and talk to him on his bed. Stop the clock at exactly 10 seconds,
and he will reward you with a Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #6 (Deku Playground)
In North Clock Town, use the deku flower near the Great Fairy's cave and
launch to the hole in the gate and fall down it. Play the Deku flower
launching game as Deku Link, and win it on the 1st day, the 2nd day, and the
final day to get a Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #7 (Stock Pot Inn)
Get the Land Title Deed from the Deku Scrub again, and enter the Stock Pot
Inn by way of the back entrance, using the deku flower in East Clock Town.
Find the room with the hand poking out of it, and give the deed to the hand
to get a Heart Piece in return, and complete the ??? Notebook Entry.
- Get Kamaro's Mask (Termina Field)
On midnight of the first night, leave Clock Town to the north, near Death
Mountain. Play the Song of Healing for the man on the mushroom. He gives
you this mask and you complete the Kamaro Notebook Entry.
- Get Heart Piece #8 (West Clock Town)Now go to West Clock Town at night, put
on Kamaro's Mask, and dance in front of the dancing sisters. They give you a
Heart Piece, and you complete the Rosa Sisters Notebook Entry.
- Get Heart Piece #9 (West Clock Town)
Eventually, if you can deposit 5,000 rupees at the banker in West Clock Town,
she will give you a Heart Piece. This is most easily done if you wait until
you get the Goron Mask, then go Dodongo-hunting in north Termina field for
- Get Heart Piece #10 (Termina Field)
In north Termina Field, there is a hole near a baby Dodongo. Fall into it,
then kill the Dodongos inside to get a Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #11 (Termina Field)
Near the entrance to Milk Road in southwest Termina Field, there is a large
patch of grass. Fall into the hole near the butterflies, then kill the huge
Peahat inside for a Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #12 (100 rupees) (Termina Field)
Enter the Observatory and look out the telescope. Watch for the flying Deku
Scrub, and follow it with the telescope until it goes into a hole near the
Observatory. Go back out to Termina Field and fall down that hole. Talk to
the Deku Scrub and say no to the first option- he will let you purchase the
Heart Piece for 100 rupees.
- Get Heart Piece #13 (Swamp Entrance)
Go south from Termina Field to enter the Swamp Entrance. Climb up the huge
tree in this area to get a Heart Piece.
- Purchase Snowhead Map (40 rupees) (Swamp Entrance)
Shoot down the Tingle in this area to purchase this map.
- Get Swamp Land Title Deed (Southern Swamp)
Enter the swamp and go up the ladder to the tour hut. Talk to the Deku Scrub
outside as human Link, and give him the Town Land Title Deed from South Clock
Town. You will get this deed in return. You can also talk to him as Deku
Link to purchase Magic Beans.
- Get Heart Piece #14 (Southern Swamp)
Use the Deku flower after the scrub leaves to launch to the top of the tour
hut and get the Heart Piece.
- Get Bottle #1 (Southern Swamp)
Go down the river past the tour hut and enter the path you come across to the
left. Enter the path past the witch's hut to enter the Woods of Mystery, and
make sure that it's the 1st day. Talk to the monkey and follow him through
the woods to the buried witch. Now go back to the witch's hut and enter.
Talk to the other witch there, and she will give you a potion. Go back to
the buried witch in the woods and give her the potion. You can keep the
- Get Pictograph Box (Southern Swamp)
Go back to the tour hut now and enter, and talk to the man as human Link to
get a Pictograph Box.
- Get Heart Piece #15 (Deku Scrub Palace)
Talk to the witch you saved previously in the tour hut to get a free boat ride
through the swamp. Get off when it stops at the Deku Scrub Palace, and enter.
Get past the gaurds as Deku Link, and go through the left-hand door. Sneak
past all the patrolling guards and get the Heart Piece at the end of the path.
- Purchase Magic Beans (10 rupees) (Deku Scrub Palace)
Go back to the palace hallway and go through the right-hand door. Sneak past
all the guards and fall down the hole at the end. Turn left and get a Magic
Bean from the man, then go over to the spring water here and catch some in a
- Learn "Sonata of Awakening" (Deku Scrub Palace)
With the spring water, go back to the entrance of the palace, before the two
guards. Turn right and hop along the leaf platforms. At the end is a soft
soil spot; plant a Magic Bean there, then make the plant grow with the spring
water. Ride the platform up, then launch yourself from platform to platform
all across the palace area, and through the doorway at the end. Talk to the
monkey prisoner as Deku Link and pull out your instrument. He will teach you
- Get Heart Piece #16 (Southern Swamp)
Enter the palace throne room and take a picture of the Deku King with the
Pictograph. Then go all the way back to the tour hut in the beginning of the
swamp and show this picture to the man there- he gives you a Heart Piece as a
- Learn "Song of Soaring" (Southern Swamp)
Near the entrance to the Deku palace area, use the Deku flower to launch up
to the cave and enter, to get to a higher platform above the Southern Swamp.
Launch from flower to flower to eventually get to the ledge on the left where
the owl is, and you will learn this song from the pedestal. You can now warp
to wherever you have hit an owl statue with your sword.
- Get Heart Piece #17 (Woodfall)
Launch to the next ledge right after this one and enter the Woodfall area.
Launch from platform to platform along the left-hand side of the area until
you get to a platform with a Deku symbol on it. From there, use the Deku
flower to launch your way up along the right-hand side of the area until you
reach a chest across a bridge; open it to get a Heart Piece.
1. Woodfall Dungeon 
Get Hero's Bow
Get 15 Stray Fairies
Get Odolwa's Mask and Heart
To the dungeon: Stand on the Deku symbol in Woodfall and play the Sonata of
Awakening to reveal the dungeon, then use the Deku flower to launch to it.
Dungeon notes: The first dungeon in Majora's Mask is a breeze compared to
the three remaining ones- It's pretty small, and the fairies are fairly easy
to find. Deku Link has limited offensive potential, but he has a very strong
attack in bursting out of Deku flowers to attack enemies from underneath; you
will use that technique to defeat all the various fiends you face before the
boss of the dungeon. The Hero's Bow is an extremely important item that Link
finds here- it's a much better projectile weapon than the Deku Link's bubble
attack! Remember that you can shoot arrows through torches to make a flaming
arrow. To defeat the boss, Odolwa, just run up and chop him with your sword
until he dies. When he's not surrounded by bats, you can stun him first with
To the map:
- Put on the Great Fairy's Mask to get the Stray Fairy (#1) at the entrance.
- Use the Deku flowers to launch to the chest on the right side of the room,
and open it for a Stray Fairy (#2).
- Launch yourself to the north and go through the door to the next room.
- Go down the ramp to the left, kill the plant and get the Stray Fairy (#3).
- Jump across the pink flytraps to the east and stop at the door, go right,
hop across the water and get the Stray Fairy (#4) from the pots.
- Jump back across and go through the door to the east.
- Use the Deku flower to launch to the left and get the key from the chest.
- Shoot the beehive to the left of the chest and put on the Great Fairy's
Mask to get a Stray Fairy (#5).
- Go east through the next door, kill the enemies and get the map from the
To the compass:
- Go back west two rooms, then hop across to the west and go through the
- Turn right and hop across to the docks, then go around to the northwest
corner, kill the skulltula and get the Stray Fairy (#6) from it.
- Continue along the dock and push the block east, then shoot the beehives
hanging overhead with a bubble to get a Stray Fairy (#7).
- Light a Deku Stick with the flaming torch and light the torch in front of
the south door, then go through it.
- Kill the enemies and get the compass from the chest.
To the secret item:
- Go back north, go up the stairs and light the next torch on fire, then
jump across the platform to the north and burn up the web, and go up the
- Kill all the enemies in this dark room and get the Stray Fairy (#8) from the
chest that appears.
- Light all the torches in this room and go through the unlocked door.
- Launch across the platforms and go to the next room.
- Go forward and through the door on the left, then go right on the ledge and
through the door on the right.
- Defeat the Metal Dinalfo and get the Hero's Bow from the chest.
To the boss:
- Go back north, shoot the golden eye with an arrow, then launch across to the
north door and go through.
- Kill the Gekko and get the Boss Key from the chest.
- Go back south, then go through the west door on the top floor.
- Step on the switch, then jump onto the tiny column with a flame spout, and
shoot an arrow through the flame to light the center of the giant flower.
- Get the Stray Fairy (#9) on this top ledge.
- Launch to the tiny platform in the northwest corner, step on the switch,
and get to the chest to get another Stray Fairy (#10).
- Drop down and go through the door to the west to a previous room.
- Push the block west and stand in front of the south door, shoot the fairy
bubble with an arrow, and put on the Great Fairy's Mask to get this Stray
Fairy (#11), then go back east.
- Stand on the giant spinning flower, shoot an arrow through the flame to the
unlit torch in the northwest corner, then go through the unlocked door.
- Collect the three Stray Fairies (#12-14) in the alcoves to the left and
right of the entrance to the room.
- Shoot the last Stray Fairy (#15) in the pillar of flame with an arrow, then
put on the Great Fairy's Mask to get it.
- Launch to the far east alcove and shoot the crystal with an arrow, then
launch onto the right-hand pillar, then up to the top right-hand platform,
then north to the big door, and open it to get to the boss.
Before Dungeon 2 
Charged Spin Attack
Big Arrow Quiver
Biggest Arrow Quiver
Biggest Bomb Bag
Mountain Village Map
Mountain Land Title Deed
Lens of Truth
Mask of Scents
Don Gero's Mask
"Oath to Order"
6 Heart Pieces (#18-#23)
- Learn "Oath to Order" (Woodfall)
You learn this immediately after beating the Woodfall Dungeon.
- Get Charged Spin Attack (Woodfall)
You end up in a room with the Deku princess after the dungeon. Capture her in
a bottle, then exit the dungeon. From the platform with the Deku symbol with
the platform that shoots you to the dungeon entrance, find the cave in the
wall and launch into it. If you collected all the Stray Fairies, the Great
Fairy inside gives you this.
- Get Mask of Scents (Deku Scrub Palace)
Return to the throne room in the Deku Palace after beating Odolwa, and release
the Deku princess to free the imprisoned monkey. Afterwards, leave the palace
proper, then go right past the gaurds, along the lily pads on the left-side
path. Go in the cave at the end. Inside, you must follow the Deku through
the long, winding cave all the way to the end to get this mask- change to
human Link when jumping across platforms.
- Get Heart Piece #18 (Southern Swamp)
Go back to the tour hut in the Southern Swamp after beating Odolwa and
rescuing the witch sister. Talk to the witch, and she will let you play an
archery game. Score enough points on it to get this Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #19 (Honey and Darling's Game Shop)
Go back to East Clock Town, and enter Honey and Darling's Game Shop on the
first day. Get perfect scores on the three minigames on the 1st, 2nd, and
final days to get a Heart Piece.
- Get Big Arrow Quiver (Town Shooting Gallery)
Get a new high score in the Town Shooting Gallery for this upgrade.
- Get Heart Piece #20 (Town Shooting Gallery)
Get a perfect score in the same gallery for a Heart Piece.
- Get Biggest Arrow Quiver (Swamp Shooting Gallery)
From the Southern Swamp owl statue, go back to the Swamp Entrance. Take the
east path to the Swamp Shooting Gallery. Get a high score for this upgrade.
- Get Heart Piece #21 (Swamp Shooting Gallery)
Get a perfect score in this gallery for a Heart Piece.
- Get Lens of Truth (Mountain Village)
From Termina Field, go to the very north area and climb up the slope there,
then shoot the overhanging icycle with an arrow to unblock the path. Go to
the next area and bomb the huge snowballs blocking your path, until you get
to the Mountain Village. Hit the owl statue across the bridge to the west,
then take the east path. Go along the bridges to the next area, to get to
the main part of the village. Drop down and go forward to the cliff edge,
where the big owl is perched. Talk to it, then jump across the invisible
platforms using the owl's dropped feathers as a guide to the cave. Inside,
open the chest to get the Lens of Truth.
- Get Goron Mask (Mountain Village)
Go back out and jump across the platforms, then use the Lens of Truth to spot
the ghost of a former Goron hero. Follow the Goron with the lens all the way
back to the first part of the village. When the ghost flies up the cliff, go
across and use the Lens of Truth to climb the ladder to the top. Go in the
cave and talk to the ghost, then play the Song of Healing to get this mask.
- Learn "Goron Lullaby" (Mountain Village)
Pull aside the rock slab in this cave to fill it with hot water. Catch some
of the water in your bottle, then go outside and jump off the cliff, and take
the path east to the bridge area. Jump down and punch away all the large snow
boulders; inside one of them is a frozen Goron. Unfreeze him with the hot
water, and he will teach you the beginning of this song. Now, go to the main
part of the village. Do a Goron Stomp in front of the door near the entrance,
and go inside the structure. Go to the very top of the room and play the
Goron Lullaby Intro in front of the baby Goron. You will learn the rest of
the song from the baby.
- Purchase Biggest Bomb Bag (200 rupees) (Mountain Village)
From the main village area, jump down from the entrance to the Deku Scrub on
the right-hand wall. Talk to him as Goron Link to purchase this upgrade.
- Get Mountain Land Title Deed (Mountain Village)
Talk to this same Deku Scrub as Deku Link, and give him the Swamp Land Title
Deed from the Deku Scrub in the Southern Swamp. You will get this deed in
- Get Heart Piece #22 (Mountain Village)
Use the now-available Deku flower to launch to the Heart Piece on the ledge.
- Get Don Gero's Mask (Mountain Village)
Inside the big structure in the main village, go up to the chamber where the
baby Goron is. Light a Deku Stick on fire with one of the flaming torches,
then go to the main circling room and light every single torch on fire. Now
that the overhead chandelier is spinning, go up to the top and do a Goron roll
off the top ramp to smash the overhanging decorations. Inside one of them is
a piece of frozen Goron food. Pick up this food and go all the way back to
the first area of the Mountain Village. Throw the food up to the freezing
Goron on the ledge to get this mask.
- Get Heart Piece #23 (Termina Field)
There are four holes in Termina Field that lead to four statues inside:
between the Milk Road and Southern Swamp entrances, right outside the
Observatory, on the top ledge in the north part of the field, and on the top
ledge on the northwest part of the field under a boulder. Go inside each of
them and play the Goron Lullaby right in front of the big stone as Goron
Link; after doing this for each stone, you will get a Heart Piece.
2. Snowhead Dungeon 
Get Fire Arrows
Get 15 Stray Fairies
Get Goht's Mask and Heart
To the dungeon: From the first area of the Mountain Village, take the
northwest path. Use the Goron roll to leap over the ramps, north to the next
area. Hit the owl statue to the right, then use the Lens of Truth to reveal
the huge Goron blocking the entrance. Play the Goron Lullaby as Goron Link
to get rid of the Goron, then roll across the narrow bridge and up the winding
path, to to enter the second dungeon.
Dungeon notes: Snowhead is a moderately difficult dungeon, comfortably between
the two very difficult dungeons late in the game. You will make use of Goron
Link's attributes a lot, especially in the Goron roll launching off of
bridges. At the center of the dungeon is a huge five-story room in which you
will eventually raise a gigantic pillar. To reach the boss room, all four of
the ice platforms need to be shattered in order to lower the pillar enough.
The switch on the 1st floor raises up the column, and the switch on the bottom
lowers it back down and resets the platforms. Many of the Stray Fairies
require the Lens of Truth to find, so bring that with you in every room! Link
acquires the Fire Arrows here, which allow you to finally melt all of those
blocks of ice everywhere. You will face the Wizzrobe enemy for the first time
here: just wait for him to appear at a teleport, and shoot him with an arrow
or Goron punch him. When he makes copies of himself, the solid Wizzrobe is
the real one. To defeat Goht, the boss, just Goron roll after it at all
times and hit it with your spikes until it dies. Use the many green pots in
the room for magic power.
To the compass:
- Go forward and push the block aside, then go through the right door.
- Drop down to the bottom and go to the other side, shoot the Stray Fairy (#1)
in the stone column, and use the Great Fairy Mask to get it.
- Climb back up and Goron roll over the bridge, then shoot the Stray Fairy
(#2) under the small platform and use the Great Fairy Mask to get it.
- Go through the door to the left, then go across the big room to the open
- Pull the large column out, then north until it sinks into the ground, and
get the key in the chest behind where the column was.
- From the first room of the dungeon, go left through the locked door.
- Get the compass from the chest.
To the secret item:
- In this room, throw a bomb at the crate on the right-hand column near the
cracked wall to reveal a Stray Fairy (#3).
- Bomb the cracked wall and go up the stairs.
- Get on the platform and shoot the icycles with arrows to break the ice
columns, then jump across to the giant snowball, bomb it and get the key
from the chest.
- In this room, use the Lens of Truth to find an invisible nitch near some ice
on the wall; jump into it and get the Stray Fairy (#4) in the chest.
- Go through the locked door to the next room.
- Use the Lens of Truth and look at the ceiling to spot a Stray Fairy (#5).
- Goron Stomp the first yellow switch, then jump across and stomp the green
switch that popped up. Now stomp the second yellow switch, then climb up
and go through the unblocked door.
- Goron roll over the ramp to the other side, roll right across the snowy
path, then roll across the center again and go through the door there.
- Defeat the Wizzrobe and get the Fire Arrows from the chest.
To the map:
- From the first room of the dungeon, go left to a previous room.
- Melt the ice block that covers a switch with a Fire Arrow and step on it
as Goron Link, then melt the ice block covering a block. Push it to the
ledge with the chest that appeared and get the Stray Fairy (#6) from it.
- Push the same block to the north ledge and climb up it, then go through
the door. Jump across the column you pushed earlier and get the Stray
Fairy (#7) from the chest.
- Go back to the first floor of the big room, shoot the northwest door with
a Fire Arrow and go through it.
- Kill all the enemies with Fire Arrows and get the Stray Fairy (#8) from the
- Light all the torches with Fire Arrows, and go through the unlocked door.
- Goron stomp the switch to raise the center column.
- Go back through the door, then drop down to the bottom floor and go through
the door there.
- Step on the switch on the lava as Goron Link and get the Stray Fairy (#9)
from the chest that appears.
- Go up the stairs, then left through the east door back to the bridge room.
- Kill all the enemies with Fire Arrows to get a key, then go north, across
the platform, and up the stairs.
- Get the Stray Fairy (#10) to the right and the map from the chest.
To the boss:
- Shoot the enemy and the frozen eye with a Fire Arrow to rise up, then use
the Lens of Truth to find invisible platforms in the room. Jump across
them to a chest that contains a Stray Fairy (#11).
- Go through the door on the top ledge, to the big room on the 2nd floor.
- Roll across the snowy path and melt the ice block, then go up the stairs.
- Roll across and go up the path to the top of the column, then go across
and through the door.
- Kill the Lizalfos and get the two Stray Fairies (#12-#13), then go to the
- Go across on the top floor and through the door on the opposite side.
- Kill the Wizzrobe, then get the Boss Key from the next room.
- Go back to the room with the frozen eye and go through the door on the top
- Goron punch only one of the ice platforms, then roll across the snowy path
and go up the stairs.
- Goron punch both of the ice platforms, then go back down the stairs.
- Goron punch the last ice platform, and go up to the top of the column.
- Use the Lens of Truth at the top of the column to spot an invisible hole
in the wall below, then jump to it and get the Stray Fairy (#14) inside.
- Go back to the top of the column and go across through the snowballs to
the next room.
- Use the Lens of Truth to spot an invisible hole in the wall near some ice,
and get the last Stray Fairy (#15) inside, then go to the next room.
- Goron roll across the ramp and go through the big door to get to the boss.
Before Dungeon 3 
ITEMS TO GET:
Double Magic Meter
"New Wave Bossanova"
"Song of Storms"
Ocean Land Title Deed
Pendant of Memories
Mask of Truth
All Night Mask
5 Bottles (#2-#6)
20 Heart Pieces (#24-#43)
- Get Double Magic Meter (Snowhead)
If you collected all the Stray Fairies, go to the base of Snowhead below the
entrance to the dungeon and enter the cave. The Great Fairy will give you
- Get Razor Sword (Mountain Village)
To begin the quest for the Gilded Sword, you must have beaten Goht on the
1st day. In the first area of the Mountain Village, enter the blacksmith's
hut. Melt the ice shard inside with a Fire Arrow, and the man will offer you
the Razor Sword for 100 rupees.
- Get Bottle #2 (Goron Racetrack)
After getting the Razor Sword and beating Goht on the 1st day, go to the main
area of the Goron village and drop down to the bottom area. Go over to where
a huge ice glacier was blocking an opening before, and go inside. Talk to
the huge Goron as Goron Link to get a Powder Keg. Quickly carry the Powder
Keg out to the area with the bridges. Take the keg up the ramps, along the
wall, to the huge boulder at the top. Set the keg down at the boulder so it
explodes and destroys it. Enter this area to get to the Goron Racetrack.
Race the other Gorons; if you win, you get Gold Dust and a Bottle. You can
now also purchase regular Powder Kegs from the huge Goron, for 100 rupees
- Get Gilded Sword (Mountain Village)
On the 2nd day, give the Gold Dust to the blacksmith, and give him the Razor
Sword. Now wait until the final day and talk to him again, and the
Gilded Sword will be forged.
- Learn "Epona's Song" (Romani Ranch)
On the 1st day, get a Powder Keg from the huge Goron and go all the way to
Milk Road. Blow up the huge boulder blocking the path with the keg, then
enter Romani Ranch. Talk to the girl there as human Link. Shoot all the
balloons on Epona and she will teach you this song: Now you can summon Epona
at any time.
- Get Bottle #3 (Romani Ranch)
Talk to the girl at the ranch and agree to help her save the ranch from the
ghosts. At 2:30 AM, the ghosts will start to appear; position yourself on the
hill in front of Epona's stall, and shoot the ghosts with arrows. Play the
Inverted Song of Time to make it easier, and watch out especially for the
ghost that sneaks in behind the house on the left side. After successfully
warding off the ghosts, the girl gives you a Bottle, and you complete the
Romani Notebook Entry.
- Get Romani Mask (Termina Field)
Talk to Cremia inside the barn after saving the ranch. At 6:00 PM on the 2nd
day, Cremia will leave the ranch on a carriage. Talk with her to join her.
Defend her carriage from the horsemen that attack you; she will give you
the Romani Mask when you reach town, and you will complete her notebook entry.
- Get Garo Mask (Milk Road)
Go back to Milk Road and take the southeast path to the Gorman Brother's
racetrack. Talk to them on Epona and challenge them to a race; win to get
this mask and complete their notebook entry.
- Get Stone Mask (Ikana Valley)
Get on Epona in Termina Field, and take the eastern exit. Use Epona to leap
the gates until you reach the bottom of a cliff. Go over to the circle of
stones and wear the Lens of Truth to find the invisible soldier, Shiro. Give
him a Red Potion to complete his notebook entry and he will give you the mask.
- Get Captain's Hat (Ikana Graveyard)
Go west from the invisible soldier and climb up the ledges to reach Ikana
Graveyard. Continue north until you reach a house, and a huge sleeping
skeleton. Play the Sonata of Awakening in front of the skeleton. When it
awakes, shoot it with arrows to stun it, and chop it up with your sword until
it surrenders. He will give you this mask.
- Learn "Song of Storms" (Ikana Graveyard)
On the night of the 1st day, go to the graveyard, wear the Captain's Hat and
talk to the skeletons patrolling the gravestone. Tell them to open it, and
jump down the hole. Go through the door here, light the torches with the
Fire Arrows and go through to get to an Iron Knuckle. Kill it, and you will
learn the Song of Storms from the tablet that appears.
- Get Heart Piece #24 (Ikana Graveyard)
On the night of the 2nd day, the skeletons are patrolling another stone- have
them open it and go through it. After dropping in, go through the fake wall.
Use the Lens of Truth to get across the invisible pathway to the next room,
kill the Iron Knuckle, and get the Heart Piece.
- Get Bottle #4 (Ikana Graveyard)
On the night of the final day, open up the last gravestone and drop down it.
Inside, have Dampe follow you around and dig up the blue fire spots in the
brown sand; there are two of them on the bottom floor. After finding them,
have Dampe step on the right-hand sinking platform on the bottom floor, and
it will raise him up. Quickly get up to the top floor and have him follow
you to the dig spot on the top ledge, which holds the last fire spot. After
the three are activated, kill the Big Poe that appears to get the Bottle.
- Get Zora Mask (Great Bay)
Get on Epona in Termina Field and head to the west area. Use Epona to leap
over the gate and enter the Great Bay. Swim out into the water towards the
building with the owl statue, and activate it. This building is the Marine
Lab. There is an unconscious Zora in the water nearby- push him to shore,
and play the Song of Healing to get the Zora Mask.
- Purchase Stone Tower Map (40 rupees) (Great Bay)
This Tingle is floating above the Marine Lab; shoot him down and buy the map.
- Get Heart Piece #25 (Mountain Village)
After defeating Goht, go to the area of the Mountain Village with the
bridges. Sink into the river as Zora Link and find the chest that contains
the Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #26 (Termina Field)
Outside the entrance to the Great Bay, there is a large boulder. Smash it
and fall into the hole. Inside, shoot down the beehives, and dive down to
get the Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #27 (Great Bay)
Go south along the shore to the next area of the Great Bay. Continue along
the shore to the very end of the area to a waterfall. Dive down here and
kill the enemies to get a Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #28 (Marine Lab)
Nearby this waterfall, there are many fish on the seashore. Catch at least
four fishes, and take them back to the Marine Lab. In the small fish tank
to the right, dump these fishes into the tank. Eventually one will get big
enough to eat the other fish, and you will get a Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #29 (Pirates' Fortress)
From the Marine Lab, dive into the water and swim to the north. Along the
rock face under the water to the north, there are several huge wooden
boards. Roll into them to find a cave entrance, and go through it to reach
the fortress. Put on the Stone Mask to become invisible, jump in the water
and swim all the way to the north shore. Pound on the switch with a Goron
Stomp to open an underwater entrance. Swim into it as Zora Link. Push the
first block forward, go around left and pull the next block, then go through
and up the water spout. Avoid the water currents and swim to the next room.
Go up the ramp and Goron punch out all the barrels, then step on the switch
as Goron Link. Quickly roll down the ramp and through the open door to get
the Heart Piece in the cage.
- Get Hookshot (Pirates' Fortress)
In this room, shoot the crystal to open the next gate, and swim through.
Stomp on the switch and hit the crystal to rise up, then climb up and hit
the next crystal. Go through the next door to reach the interior of the
fortress. Climb up the wooden structure in the center and follow the path
forward, and enter the main building. After the cutscene, shoot the beehive
through the window bars to get rid of the Gerudos. Go back outside, drop
down one level to the right, and re-enter on the lower floor. You can now
get the Hookshot from the chest.
- Get 7 Zora Eggs (Pirates' Fortress/Pinnacle Rock)
In this room, hookshot to the board over the giant tank, drop inside of it
and catch the first egg in a bottle. Go back outside to the fortress. To
find the other three eggs here, use the hookshot targets in this fortress
area to explore the linear rooms. Each of the eggs is guarded by a Gerudo
you will have to defeat, and they are each held in a tank. Be sure to take
a full picture of a Gerudo with your Pictograph for later. When you have all
four eggs, leave the fortress and go to the Marine Lab, and drop the eggs
into the main tank. Now go to the shore near the lab, and enter the
Fisherman's Hut. Talk to the gold seahorse and give the man the picture of
a Gerudo, and he will give you the seahorse in a bottle. Out at sea,
northwest of the lab, are two jagged peaks sticking out of the water. Swim
over there to get to Pinnacle Rock. Dive to the surface and release the
seahorse, and follow it along the invisible path to reach the huge crater.
Inside this crater are eight sea snakes, easily destroyable with Zora Link's
electric attack. Three of them guard the last three eggs.
- Get Heart Piece #30 (Pinnacle Rock)
Kill every single sea snake in the sea crater to rescue the other gold
seahorse. They will give you a Heart Piece.
- Learn "New Wave Bossanova" (Marine Lab)
Once you have deposited all seven eggs in the huge tank in the lab, they will
form a musical tone and teach you this song.
- Get Heart Piece #31 (Great Bay)
First, go to the Observatory from East Clock Town and play a song with your
Ocarina in front of the scarecrow. From the Marine Lab, swim to the north,
then east along the surface of the water to get to a lagoon area, with many
platforms along the rock face. Hookshot along the platforms to a soft soil
spot. Plant a Magic Bean here and make it grow with Spring Water found near
the Southern Swamp Archery game. Ride the platform up to the next ledge.
Play the same song you played in front of the scarecrow now, to make him
appear again. Hookshot to the scarecrow to get the Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #32 (Snowhead)
From the Snowhead owl statue, go south to the snowy path with all the Goron
ramps. Use the Lens of Truth to find platforms, and jump across them. Play
the Scarecrow's Song, and hookshot to the scarecrow to get the Heart Piece.
- Get Bottle #5 (Waterfall Rapids)
In the second area of the Great Bay near the giant waterfall, use the
hookshot to get up the platforms on the rock face. At the top, go into the
cave to get to the Waterfall Rapids. Swim over to the beaver and challenge
him to a race. Swim through all 20 rings within the time limit, then you
will challenge his brother. Swim through 25 rings this time in the time
limit to get a Bottle.
- Get Heart Piece #33 (Waterfall Rapids)
Talk to the beavers again afterwards, and challenge them both again. Swim
through all the rings again in the reduced times to get a Heart Piece.
- Get Huge Wallet (Oceanside Spider House)
Go to the first area of the Great Bay on day 1 and enter the house next to the
Fisherman's Hut. You must collect 30 Gold Skulltula Spirits to break the
curse. Bomb the wall, slide down the ramp and kill the two skulltulas on the
way (#1-#2). Shoot a Fire Arrow at the web on the ceiling to get another one
(#3). Hookshot to the target and go through the door. Go through the door
to the left. Climb up the bookcase on the right side of the room, then jump
across and kill the skulltula on top of another bookcase (#4). Shoot all the
portraits in the room to find two more (#5-#6). Move the bookcase in the
northeast corner of the room to find two (#7-#8). Move the tiny shelves on
the east side of the room, and shoot the skulltula behind the little crack
(#9). Lastly, find the skulltula in the ceiling crack (#10). Go back to the
previous room. Shoot the skulltula on the wall above the staircase (#11).
Look up at the ceiling and shoot the skulltula on the wooden board (#12).
Shoot a Fire Arrow at the web on the southeast corner of the room and Goron
punch the pots to pop out two more skulltulas (#13-#14). Now, go down to the
bottom floor. Find the skulltula in the ceiling crack here (#15). Goron
punch the pot next to the door to pop out one (#16), then climb up the boxes
in the southeast corner and look under the small pot (#17). Shoot a Fire
Arrow at the web in front of the hole in the wall and get the skulltula
behind it (#18). There is another skulltula on the wall to the left (#19).
Go through the door behind the cobweb. Roll into the crate to the right for
one (#20), roll into the crate to the left and go through the passage for
another (#21). Shoot the skulltula behind the web on the ceiling (#22).
Shoot the skulltula behind the board on the north wall (#23). Hookshot to
the top floor, and get the skulltula under a small pot (#24). Now go back
to the previous room, and go through the other door. Shoot the portraits to
find one (#25). Goron punch the pot in a corner for one (#26), and get the
one in the ceiling crack (#27). Now, Goron Stomp the table to make the last
three fall down (#28-#30). Go back to the first room and roll up the ramp;
if it's still the 1st day, the man will give you the Huge Wallet.
- Get Heart Piece #34 (Oceanside Spider House)
In the room with the colored masks, shoot the masks in these order: yellow,
green, yellow, red, blue, green, to open up a passage. Go through it to get
a Heart Piece.
- Get Mask of Truth (Swamp Spider House)
In the Southern Swamp, from the top ledge where you learned the Song of
Soaring, launch from the huge flowers down to the Swamp Spider House entrance,
and uncover it with a Fire Arrow. In the first room, collect bugs under the
rocks with your bottles. Go to the next room. Drop down to the left and get
the skulltula under the small pot (#1). Lay bugs on the ground beneath the
two soft soil spots on the walls; they will release two skulltulas (#2-#3).
Get the skulltula in the water nearby (#4); there are also three skulltulas
high up on three of the stone columns (#5-#7). From the entrance, go through
the door on the left. Roll into brown crates here to find two (#8-#9), and
get the one on the north wall (#10). Climb up the ladder and shoot the
skulltula on the big center stone tablet (#11). Go around to the door on the
top floor and get the skulltula beneath the small pot (#12), then go through
the door. Launch across to the other side of the room. Turn right and use
bugs to reach the soft soil spot on the wall (#13), then go through the door
on the top floor. Drop down and destroy the small pots to the right for one
(#14). Goron punch all the huge pots to find two (#15-#16). Look up and
shoot the beehives down to find two more (#17-#18). Chop up the vines on the
left side, and go through to get a skulltula (#19). Play the Sonata of
Awakening in front of the sleeping Deku, then launch up to the top ledge.
Shoot the skulltula on the wall (#20), and go through the door on the left.
Shoot the skulltula on the stone column (#21), and shoot the beehives down to
find another one (#22). There are two more on the wall to the right (#23-
#24). Hit the crystal to form a ladder, then climb up it. Plant a Magic
Bean at the soft soil spot and grow it, then ride the platform to the door
and go through. Look around in the tall grass for two skulltulas (#25-#26).
Shoot the beehives to find one (#27), then roll into the tree to pop out the
final three (#28-#30). Go back to the first room and get your reward from
- Get Circus Leader's Mask (Milk Bar)
Go back to East Clock Town. Use the Romani Mask to enter at past 10 PM. Talk
to the Zora near the stage as human Link, Deku Link, Goron Link, then Zora
Link. He will have you play a melody as each Link with your instruments.
After all four, the Gorman will give you his mask, and you will complete his
- Get Heart Piece #35 (Treasure Chest Game)
Go to the Treasure Chest game shop in East Clock Town and play it as Goron
Link. Get to the treasure chest to find a Heart Piece.
- Purchase All Night Mask (500 rupees) (Curiosity Shop)
First, rescue the Bomb Shop owner's mother at midnight on the 1st day. Then,
enter the Curiosity Shop on the night of the final day. He will be selling
- Get Heart Piece #36 (Stock Pot Inn)
Enter the Stock Pot Inn at daytime and enter the first door on the right on
the bottom floor. Talk to the Anju's grandma while wearing the All Night
Mask. Ask her to read you the top story, then answer with the first response
to get the Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #37 (Stock Pot Inn)
Ask Anju's grandma to read you the second story, then answer with the second
response to get another Heart Piece and complete her notebook entry.
- Get Inn Key (Stock Pot Inn)
To begin Kafei's quest, wait until 2 PM of the 1st day and enter the Stock Pot
Inn. The postman will give mail to Anju; talk to them as she gets the mail.
Talk to Anju afterwards to get an Inn Key.
- Get Kafei's Mail (Stock Pot Inn)
Then, talk to Anju while wearing the Kafei Mask. At about 11:30 PM at night,
return to the inn through the front or back entrance. Go to the kitchen at
the back-right of the first floor and talk to Anju to get Kafei's Mail.
- Get Pendant of Memories (Laundry Pool)
Put Kafei's Mail in any mailbox outside. Now, wait until 3 PM of the 2nd day,
and go to the Laundry Pool. When Kafei comes out to get mail from the
postman, enter his house. When he comes back, talk to him to get the Pendant
- Get Keaton Mask (Laundry Pool)
- Geet Mail Express (Laundry Pool)
Go right back to the Stock Pot Inn and give the pendant to Anju. Now, wait
until 1 PM of the final day, and go back to Kafei's house in the Laundry Pool.
Inside, the man will give you the Keaton Mask and Mail Express.
- Get Sun Mask (Ikana Canyon)
Next, enter Ikana Valley, east of Termina Field. Jump across the gates to the
cliff face. Wear the Garo Mask and talk to the creature above, then hookshot
up to the top of the cliff. Follow the path to reach the next area. Turn
right and go along the ledge. You will find Kafei behind a rock; wear the
Stone Mask and wait until 6 PM. Wait until the bandit opens the hideout, and
follow Kafei inside. In the next room, Kafei activates the trap. Step on the
switch to open the first door. As Kafei, push a block onto the blue switch.
As Link, kill the enemies to open the next door for Kafei. As Kafei, avoid
all the red switches and step on the blue switch in the corner. As Link, go
through and kill the enemies again. As Kafei, push the far right-hand block
down, then the center block left, then the south block down onto the blue
switch. As Link, kill the enemies. Both Link and Kafei step on the final
switches to stop the trap, and Kafei gets the Sun Mask.
- Get Bottle #6/Postman's Cap (Milk Bar/East Clock Town)
Now, you can either get a Bottle or the Postman's Cap. To get both, you will
have to go back and redo the Kafei quest. To get the bottle, go straight to
the Milk Bar after Kafei gets the Sun Mask. Give the Mail Express to Mrs.
Aroma while wearing the Kafei Mask to get the bottle. To get the Postman's
Cap, go straight to the postman's office. Give the Mail Express to him, and
he will deliver the mail to Mrs. Aroma. Talk to him before he leaves town to
get the mask.
- Get Couple's Mask (Stock Pot Inn)
Now, get to the Stock Pot Inn, and enter the first door on the right on the
second floor, where Anju is waiting. At about 4:30 AM, Kafei arrives and they
get married. They give you the Couple's Mask.
- Get Heart Piece #38 (Mayor's Residence)
Go to the mayor's house in East Clock Town, go through the left-hand door and
talk to the mayor while wearing the Couple's Mask. You will get a Heart
Piece, and the Bomber's Notebook will be fully completed.
- Get Heart Piece #39 (Clock Town)
Wear the Postman's Cap, and check all the mail boxes in the town. One of them
contains a Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #40 (North Clock Town)
Wear the Keaton Mask, and go over to North Clock Town. At the area with the
bushes that move around and disappear, talk to the creature that appears.
Answer its questions correctly to get a Heart Piece.
- Get Ocean Land Title Deed (Zora Hall)
Go to the second area of the Great Bay, and swim out into the ocean. Dive
down and enter the mouth of the huge structure to get to Zora Hall. Go down
the corridor to the right, and turn left to get outside. You will find an
owl statue here. Go back inside the hall and go through the last door in the
hall. Talk to the Deku Scrub inside as Goron Link and give him the Mountain
Land Title Deed to get the Ocean Land Title Deed in exchange.
- Get Heart Piece #41 (Zora Hall)
Use the Deku flower to reach the Heart Piece in this room.
- Get Heart Piece #42 (Ikana Valley)
Near the bandit hideout entrance in Ikana Valley is another Deku Scrub. Give
him the Ocean Land Title Deed to get rupees, and you can launch over to the
Heart Piece on the opposite ledge.
- Get Heart Piece #43 (Zora Hall)
In Zora Hall, enter the room with the band drummer inside. Hookshot up to the
top floor and read the book as Zora Link to learn part of a tune. Now enter
the room with the band guitarist. Play the tune for him, and he will teach
you the second part. Now enter the room with the band leader, the
keyboardist. Change to human Link and play the complete 16-note tune in
front of the band leader, and he will give you a Heart Piece.
3. Great Bay Temple 
Get Ice Arrows
Get 15 Stray Fairies
Get Gyorg's Mask and Heart
To the dungeon: Outside Zora Hall where the owl statue is, play the New Wave
Bossanova. Hookshot to the palm tree on the giant tortoise, and he will take
you to the third dungeon.
Dungeon notes: The Great Bay Temple is the most difficult and confusing
dungeon in the game. In the big room at the beginning, the large windmill,
controlled by the water pumps, is responsible for the direction of the current
in the big room that follows. After you get the main dungeon items, the
objective is to find and activate all of the water pumps and reverse the
direction of the central water current. All the major rooms of the dungeon
are accessible from the central water turbine room. To defeat the huge eye
monster guarding the Ice Arrows, knock off all the eyeballs with the sword,
arrows, bombs, or the hookshot, and slice them up when they are disconnected.
Then attack the huge central eye to destroy it. To defeat the Gekko monster
guarding the Boss Key, slice him with your sword when he is on the ground,
then when he forms the huge bubble on the ceiling, shoot it with an Ice Arrow
and repeat the process. The Ice Arrows can be used to freeze enemies and
form them into climbable blocks, and they can also be used to form ice
platforms on the water to reach tricky platforms. The Stray Fairies usually
come two to a room in this dungeon, so keep an eye out for a second when you
see only one. There are several times where you can use both Fire and Ice
Arrows to freeze and unfreeze waterfalls, for important puzzles. Make sure
to come into the Gyorg battle well-stocked with fairies or potions, because
he is extremely dangerous to Link. Stand on the center of the platform to
avoid getting knocked off when he charges you. Shoot him with an arrow to
stun him, dive in the water and use Zora Link's electric attack to damage
him, then quickly swim away to avoid getting eaten!
To the map:
- In the first room, shoot Fire Arrows at the four torches and get the Stray
Fairy (#1) from the chest, then go through the door.
- Dive down in the water in front of you, and get the Stray Fairy (#2) under
the entrance platform.
- Swim to the northeast corner of the room, dive down and activate the yellow
pump by pulling the lever. Go back and stand on the left-hand rising
platform, shoot the skulltula near the rupees and get the Stray Fairy (#3)
from it. Then go up the right-hand rising platform, jump across the water
spout and go through the door.
- Ride the central spinning fan around and hookshot to the platform with the
barrels. Goron punch them to find a Stray Fairy (#4).
- Dive down to the very bottom of this room and get the Stray Fairy (#5) from
the pot (#5).
- Swim through the topmost corridor along the current to get to a new room.
- Swim up to a platform, hookshot to the chest, and get the map from it.
To the compass:
- Shoot the pots on the platform opposite the map to release a Stray Fairy
(#6), and use the Great Fairy Mask to get it.
- Dive down and boomerang the enemies blocking the passagee, then swim
- Kill all the enemies in this room to make a chest appear with a Stray Fairy
(#7), then go through the next door.
- Jump over and hookshot to the chest, then get the compass from it.
To the secret item:
- Dive down below the lily pads, and get the key from the chest below.
- Swim back up and look at the tunnel with the speeding current, then shoot
the pot in the water near the enemies and get the Stray Fairy (#8) from it.
- Swim along the current to get back to the big room, then enter the corridor
at the very bottom of the chamber.
- Swim over to the red pipe and go up it, then go through the locked door.
- Go through the next room, kill the mini-boss, and get the Ice Arrows.
To the boss:
- Go back to the room with the compass, shoot Ice Arrows to make a platform
below the corridor with icycles, jump to it and open the next door.
- Defeat the mini-boss and get the Boss Key in the next room.
- Return to the central big room, and ride the fan to the ladder on the north
side on the top floor. Evaporate the water with Ice Arrows, then climb up
the ladder and go through the door.
- Hookshot to the barrel on the platform, and make an ice platform below the
hole on the ceiling in the northwest corner. Hookshot up to the ceiling
and get the Stray Fairy (#9) from the chest.
- Drop back down and make an ice platform to get to the platform with the
yellow pump lever, and activate it.
- Go back to the room with the map, make ice platforms to the door on the
upper ledge, and go through it.
- Shoot the enemy with an Ice Arrow, use it as a platform to get to the red
pump lever, and activate it.
- In the central big room, swim back through the corridor on the very bottom,
then swim up onto a platform in the next room. Freeze an enemy and use it
as a platform to get to the red pump lever, then activate it.
- Go all the way back to the first room, with the windmill. Hookshot to the
target on the ceiling to the right, ride the now-active water spout up, and
push the red turnstile at the top. Then, push the yellow turnstile in the
center of the room to reverse the flow of the current.
- In the central big room, swim to the very bottom and go along the reverse
current through the new corridor.
- Go up the green pipe and activate the green pump lever.
- Shoot the Stray Fairy (#10) below the platform with this lever, then get
the Stray Fairy (#11) in front of the corridor that goes back to the big
room, and go through that corridor.
- In the central big room, go through the corridor in the middle.
- Swim up to the platform, ride the rising platform up, jump onto the
spinning fan and onto the platform after that. Look to the right and
hookshot to the small alcove to find a Stray Fairy (#12) in a chest.
- Get back on the second platform, and onto the ledge at the top. Shoot the
waterfall with an Ice Arrow to freeze the fan blade in position. Step on
the fan and turn right, then use the hookshot to get to another alcove on
the high wall; it contains a Stray Fairy (#13).
- Use the stopped fan blade to reach the next door on the top ledge.
- Go forward and dive down the hole, roll into the barrel and get the Stray
- Step on the seesaw at the opposite side of the room and shoot the
overhanging icycles with a Fire Arrow to make it rise. Rise up on the next
seesaw to get to the green pump switch, and activate it.
- From there, go along the green pump to the right as Zora Link, then jump
down inside the caged area. Hookshot to the chest and get the last Stray
Fairy (#15) from it.
- Raise the seesaw near the entrance to get through the other door, back to
the room with the map. Go through the corridor directly in front of you to
get back to the big room, then go back through the corridor on the bottom.
- Jump across the now-active water spout and go through the big door to get
to the boss.
Before Dungeon 4 
"Elegy of Emptiness"
4 Heart Pieces (#44-#47)
- Get Double Defense (Great Bay)
After getting all the Stray Fairies, go to the second area of the Great Bay.
Use the Hookshot on the trees to get from platform to platform across the
water, to a ledge. Bomb the boulder in front of it, go inside and get the
Double Defense from the Great Fairy.
- Get Heart Piece #44 (Great Bay)
After defeating Gyorg, warp to the Marine Lab. Dive into the water and swim
north to the lagoon area, and there will now be a boat near the shores. Step
into the boat, and when it approaches the island, hookshot to the palm tree.
Talk to the man to play the island jumping game. Win to get a Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #45 (Mountain Village)
First, go to the Laundry Pool in Clock Town, wear the Don Gero Mask, and talk
to the frog there. Then, go back to the Southern Swamp area. There is a
frog on a log in the swamp area near the entrance to the Swamp Palace. Talk
to him with the Don Gero Mask also. In the Woodfall and Great Bay dungeons,
you faced Gekko monsters. Go back in those dungeons and defeat them, and
talk to the frogs that appear afterwards. Finally, defeat Goht in the
Snowhead dungeon. When you get warped outside, the fifth frog along with the
other four should be in the nearby pond. Talk to them to get a Heart Piece.
- Get Gibdo Mask (Ikana Canyon)
Go back to the entrance of Ikana Canyon. Shoot the Octoroks with Ice Arrows
and use them as jumping blocks to the opposite platform. Use the trees as
hookshot targets to get to the top of the cliff, where there is an owl statue.
In this village area, go north, up the ramp on the left side, and enter the
cave on the north side of the area along an empty riverbank. Inside, play the
Song of Storms to activate the Music House in the village. Approach the girl
inside the house, and she will run back inside. Stand far away from the house
and wait for the girl to leave the house, and wait for her to walk away.
Then, enter her house and go down to the basement. Approach the coffin, and
play the Song of Healing in front of the mummy to get this mask.
- Get Heart Piece #46 (Ikana Canyon)
On the west side of the village, there is a house with a Poe battling mini-
game. Pay 30 rupees, and defeat all the Poes within 3 minutes to get a
Heart Piece. Kill them with swords or arrows; when the purple Poe makes
copies of itself, shoot the Poe that spins around once after they appear.
- Get Mirror Shield (Dried Well of Ikana)
Go up to the top ledge on the west side of the village, and drop down into the
well. Wear the Gibdo Mask, and talk to the mummy on the right. Give him 5
Magic Beans to pass. Go forward, talk to the mummy on the right, and give him
10 Deku Nuts to pass. Go forward and talk to the mummy on the left, and give
him 10 bombs to pass. Kill the Big Poe and catch it in a bottle, then go back
to the mummy who took the Deku Nuts. Talk to the other mummy and give him a
fish in a bottle to pass. Go forward and give the Big Poe to the next mummy
to pass. Go forward past the spikes, and give Milk in a bottle to the mummy
to get to the final room. Light the torches with Fire Arrows, and get the
Mirror Shield from the chest.
- Get Heart Piece #47 (Ancient Castle of Ikana)
Use the Mirror Shield to shine the sunlight on the sun icon to form a ladder,
then shine the light on the blue block. Climb up and go up the ladder to
enter the Ancient Castle area. Make sure to have a Powder Keg before coming.
Enter through the main entrance while wearing the Gibdo Mask. Unfreeze the
golden eye on the top wall to the left, and enter the left door. Hit the
crystal and get to the other side of the room, then hit the other crystal
and quickly launch to the switch as Deku Link to open the door. In the next
room, launch to the switch on the left to open the door. Shoot the
skulltulas, use the Lens of Truth to find the invisible platform, and jump
across to the opened door. Go through, up the stairs, to the outside of the
ruins. Climb up the ledge on the right, and shoot the crystal. Jump to the
Deku flower, and launch to the Heart Piece on the ledge.
- Learn "Elegy of Emptiness" (Ancient Castle of Ikana)
Get back up to the top ledge on the right side. Walk along the ledge, and
use the Deku flower on the ledge to launch to the switch in the middle of the
area. Step on it to move a rock, then drop down and re-enter the ruins.
Unfreeze the golden eye on the right side, and go through the right door.
Use the Mirror Shield to reflect light on the blue block, and go through.
Defeat the Wizzrobe, and go up the stairs to the outside. Go over to the
gigantic crack in the roof, and lay a Powder Keg on it to create a hole. Drop
down, shine the light on the blue block, and go through that path to reach the
boss of the area. Shoot both curtains in the room with Fire Arrows to create
light. To defeat both the skeleton guards and the king, attack with your
sword, and when they collapse, shine light on them with the Mirror Shield.
When they are defeated, you learn this special song.
4. Stone Tower Temple 
Get Light Arrows
Get 15 Stray Fairies
Get Giant Mask
Get Twin-Mold's Mask and Heart
To the dungeon: From the Ikana village area, leave it to the northeast up the
ramp to the Stone Tower area. To make your way to the top of this area, use
the Elegy of Emptiness to create up to three copies of yourself- human Link,
Goron Link, and Zora Link- to place on switches. These switches move the
blocks that, along with the hookshot targets, get Link to the topmost ledge.
At the very top, hit the owl statue and create copies of Link on the three
switches, then jump across the platforms and enter the dungeon.
Dungeon notes: The final dungeon of the game is split into two parts: Normal,
and Reverse. After you get the Light Arrows, you return to the beginning of
the dungeon and shoot the giant ruby to flip the dungeon over, and explore it
all over again. This dungeon combines the powers of all the Links: You will
make good use of Deku Link, Zora Link, Goron Link, and human Link in this
dungeon, especially when using the Elegy of Emptiness. The enemies here,
especially the Armos statues, are very dangerous; use the Stone Mask to remain
invisible, or use Goron Link to take care of them. Finding all the Stray
Fairies is very difficult and time-consuming: you will have to flip the
dungeon a couple nextra times to get them all. To defeat the Eyegore enemies,
stand close to them, back off and shoot their eyes with the arrows. The mini-
boss guarding the Light Arrows is easily defeatable with your sword. The
Grim Reaper guarding the Boss Key should be shot first with the Light Arrows
to make the bats flee; afterwards, you can slice him up. When you reach the
boss's chambers, equip the Giant Mask you acquired, then just slice the tails
or heads of the bosses until they die. Slice the huge pillars to get more
magic power; you need it to keep the mask on.
To the map:
- Go forward, shoot the golden eye with an arrow, and hookshot to the chest to
get a Stray Fairy (#1).
- Climb back up the ladder and go through the door to the west.
- Clone Zora and human Link on two of the switches, and Goron Link on the
large switch. Then, bomb the cracked wall, roll into the big crates and
pick up one of the small boxes, and place it on the remaining switch. Go
through the opened gate.
- Bomb the light-colored floor and drop down to the floor below.
- Look up to the right and hookshot to the target, and open the chest for a
Stray Fairy (#2).
- Go across the lava and get the map from the chest.
To the compass:
- Kill the four active Armos Statues in this room, and get the key from the
- Go back up the stairs, then go through the locked door.
- Swim across, and let the Dexiehand throw you onto the ledge. Throw a bomb
at the crystal behind the gate for later, and open the chest for a key.
- Swim through the corridor to get to a big water room.
- Sink down to the bottom and step on the switch surrounded by spikes to make
a chest appear.
- Swim up to the surface, go down the pathway and shine light on the mirror
with the Mirror Shield, then shine the light from the mirror onto the sun
block to make it disappear. Go through and get the compass from the chest.
To the secret item:
- Go back across the pathway and go through the locked door.
- Goron punch the big pillar, then shine light onto the sun symbols on the
wall; one of them makes a chest appear with a Stray Fairy (#3).
- Shine the light onto the right-hand mirror for about 10 seconds, then
reflect the light from the mirror onto the sun block, and get the Stray
Fairy (#4) from the chest behind it.
- Shine the light onto the left-hand mirror for about 20 seconds, then reflect
the light from that mirror onto the mirror after that as long as possible,
and reflect that light onto the sun block. Go through the door behind it.
- Drop down to the bottom of the next room, Goron Pound the switch, then
quickly roll past the air vents to the switch on the other side and step on
it to reveal a chest. Climb back up, then use the Deku flower to launch to
both the chests containing Stray Fairies (#5-#6), and go through the door
at the end.
- Kill the mini-boss and get the Light Arrows from the chest.
To the boss:
- In the next room, defeat the enemy on the platform, drop down to the right
and hit the crystal under the grate with a bomb, then drop to the bottom and
get the Stray Fairy (#7) from the chest that appears.
- Hookshot back up, and go across the platform to the door.
- Defeat the mini-boss, and get the Stray Fairy (#8) from the chest that
appears, then go through the door to get back to the first room.
- Go back through the door to the west and return to the room with the
Dexiehand. Shoot the sun block with a Light Arrow; if you hit the crystal
earlier, there is a Stray Fairy (#9) in the chest behind it.
- Exit the dungeon, clone a Link on the switch to the right, stand on a block,
and shoot the ruby with a Light Arrow to flip the dungeon over.
- Re-enter, shoot the sun symbol on the ceiling with a Light Arrow and get the
Stray Fairy (#10) from the chest, then go through the door to the east.
- Launch across to the v-shaped platform, turn around and shoot the golden eye
with a Fire Arrow, then hookshot to the chest that appears for a Stray Fairy
- Use the vents to fly to the very top of the room, to the platform on the
right with a switch. Clone a Link on it, launch to the chest on the top,
and open it for a Stray Fairy (#12).
- Shoot the sun symbol on the wall to make a chest appear, then drop down to
the catwalk in the middle. Go down the corridor and step on the switch,
then go back and get the key from the chest.
- Launch up to the very top, and go through the locked door in the northwest
- Shoot the ruby with a Light Arrow to flip the room, go across the lava, flip
the room again, and go through the door.
- Shoot the ruby to flip the room, push the block on the left to the middle,
flip the room, push it to the other side of the room, flip the room again,
push the block underneath the switch, flip the room, then push the block
onto the switch and go through the door.
- Defeat the Wizrobe and hookshot to the chest for a Stray Fairy (#13), then
go through the next door.
- Launch to the opposite platform and go through the door.
- Shoot the spikes to the left and launch to that platform, then to the
platform with the door, and go through it.
- Defeat the mini-boss and get the Boss Key from the chest.
- Go back two rooms, and launch to the left into the alcove.
- Find the switch and clone a Link on it, then hookshot to the chest to get
- Go back down the alcove, and right through the door to the room before the
Boss Key, then turn right and go through the next door.
- Jump across and step on the switch, then hookshot to the chest that appears
on the ceiling.
- Exit the dungeon and flip the dungeon back to normal, then re-enter.
- Open the chest in the first room for a Stray Fairy (#14), then go through
the door to the east to the big water room.
- Dive down to the chest on the platform for the last Stray Fairy (#15).
- Exit the dungeon and flip the dungeon again, then re-enter.
- Hookshot back up to the chest on the ceiling, and go through the locked
- Defeat the mini-boss and get the Giant's Mask from the chest, then go
through the next door.
- Hookshot to the chest on the ceiling, hookshot over the spiked roller, then
go through the big door with the Boss Key and drop down the hole to get to
End of the Quest 
Great Fairy's Sword
Fierce Deity's Mask
5 Heart Pieces (#48-#52)
- Get Great Fairy's Sword (Ikana Canyon)
After getting all the Stray Fairies, go back to the Ikana Canyon area. Enter
the cave on the ledge east of the Music House, and get the Great Fairy's Sword
from the Great Fairy.
- Get Heart Piece #48 (Ikana Canyon)
From the owl statue in the canyon, jump down the cliff, and swim into the cave
on the right. Go past the waterfall to enter the Secret Shrine. Shoot a
Light Arrow at the sun symbol to open the door, and enter. The left-hand door
leads to the Dinalfos from the 1st dungeon, then northwest door leads to a
Wizrobe, the northeast door leads to the eye monster from the 3rd dungeon, and
the right-hand door leads to the Ghost of Garo from the 4th dungeon. Defeat
them all and return to the central room for a Heart Piece.
- Get Heart Piece #49 (Remains of Odolwa)
You can now enter the final area of the game: wait until midnight of the final
day, then enter the clock tower. When you face the Skull Kid, play the Oath
to Order. After the cutscene, you will enter the moon. Approach the center
tree, and talk to the kid wearing the Odolwa Mask. Give him 1 mask to enter
the Remains of Odolwa area. Carefully launch across the Deku flower pads,
and launch to the platform in the very northeast corner for a Heart Piece.
Launch to the door in the northwest corner to find the kid, and give him 1
more mask to return to the surface.
- Get Heart Piece #50 (Remains of Goht)
Talk to the kid wearing the Goht mask and give him 2 masks to enter the
Remains of Goht area. Roll across the center of the first platform and across
the ramp, then release the A button and bounce off the treasure chests, and
stop at the green pots. Go across the bridge, and forward across the next
bridge. Roll to the right across the ramp, and follow this ramp-laden path to
the Heart Piece at the end. Go back to the four-way bridge, and roll towards
the door on the blue platform. Go through to find the kid, and give him 2
more masks to return to the surface.
- Get Heart Piece #51 (Remains of Gyorg)
Talk to the kid wearing the Gyorg mask and give him 3 masks to enter the
Remains of Gyorg area. Swim into the water, and take the left fork, then the
second right fork, then the left fork to reach a Heart Piece. From the start,
take the left fork, second right fork, then the right fork to find the kid.
Give him 3 more masks to return to the surface.
- Get Heart Piece #52 (Remains of Twin-Mold)
Talk to the kid wearing the Twin-Mold mask and give him 4 masks to enter the
Remains of Twin-Mold area. Make your way through and defeat the enemies, and
you will get Bombchus from a chest after the Iron Knuckle is defeated. Aim
the bombchu at the cracked wall, then shoot the golden eye and go through the
door. Get the final Heart Piece, then aim a bombchu at the ceiling and shoot
a Fire Arrow at the eye to open the last door and get to the kid. Give him
your last 4 masks to return to the surface.
- Get Fierce Deity's Mask (The Moon)
Now, talk to the kid sitting under the tree. If you have cleared all the
other kid's games, this kid will give you the Fierce Deity's Mask, and you
will enter the room of the final battle.
- Defeat Majora's Mask (The Moon)
If you got the Fierce Deity's Mask, equip it now. Just keep slicing away at
the boss forms, and you will destroy them very easily. If you do not have
that mask, the final boss is much more difficult. In the first form, avoid
its spinning attack and slice it with the sword when it's near the ground.
Shoot or slice up the four masks when they detach from the walls. The
Incarnation form is basically an easier form of your fight versus Odolwa.
The final form, Majora's Wrath, uses tentacle whips to attack Link: Keep at
a distance, and shoot Light Arrows at it to stun it, then move in for the
kill with your sword.
Thanks to the following parties whose source material helped speed the
production of this guide along:
Nintendo- for the use of their instruction manual
This FAQ is copyright 2007 by Lando_Kashmir, AKA darth_schroodle AKA
schroodle AKA darthbrooks and may not be posted on any website besides the
standard GameFAQs or GameSpot or supercheats.com without my consent. All
trademarks belong to Nintendo, the best video game company ever.
Please contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org to write to
me about any ERRORS or parts that are too unclear, or just to write general
comments. Remember to put something about Zelda in the email topic.