Carnation Cake x2, Soretooth Ring,k
Water Bomb Gem,
The Fifth Tale (278-283)
: Shadar (373) (*), Sprog Cog (141), Wishing Whambat (086), Stabber (030), Mohawk (082), Spike Tyke (114)
When you get close to your destination, Shadar suddenly appears..
Boss Fight: Shadar
: 2050 HP, Weak against: Light, Resists: Dark
1. Fell Wind [Range Attack, Medium Damage]
2. Pyre [Single Target, Medium Damage]
3. Bleak Midwinter [All Target, Major Damage, Use Defend!]
It's very important to know that you don't have to fully deplete Shadar's HP; dropping it to 60% is enough. While it's extremely important that you keep your characters healthy, it's on the other hand just as essential to quickly drain Shadar's HP, even if you're starting to get low on health yourself. Using Sandwiches is a good idea; these heal for much more than your healing spells. Use the tactics command to tell Esther that she should heal the party while you focus on attacking Shadar with Oliver and Swaine's familiars. If a series of attacks from your side can prevent Shadar from casting some of his powerful spells, all the better.
If things go less well - that's how it goes every once in a while - don't hesitate to play more defensively, unless Shadar's health is really close to dropping to 60%, in which case you should get those final few blows in to end the battle. If Shadar charges up for his Bleak Midwinter attack, definitely try to defend against it, quickly healing up with Sandwiches afterward.
You'll find yourself washed ashore Teeheeti Island afterward. You'll now have access to the All-Out Defense and Attack commands with square and triangle respectively. You'll also unlock [THE FIFTH TALE] of Wonder for your Wizard's Companion. Let's search the island for a few treasures now, shall we?
TIP: Now's also a good time to steal an Emberstone from the Mohawk birds on this island. You need this for errand #076. In fact, it's generally a good idea to steal Items with Swaine every now and then. Many Items will be of use eventually in a formula or sidequest.
• Head east and follow the beach to the north side, cross the creek and inspect the cliffs at the far end (at the spot where they intersect with the beach and the sea) to find [SPROCKET x2].
* There's a forage point just northwest of the beach you start at, right before the forest starts. It contains a [GNOMEBEARD].
• Head to the southernmost part of the beach and search the northern tip of the sandbank lying between two creeks to find [CARNATION CAKE x2].
* There's a forage point to the northwest; it's located at the spot where the two creeks merge and it contains a [WETSTONE].
* On the western beach of the island is an arch with a forage point that contains a [RINGS-A-BELL]. You'll have to go under the arch to the north, then up a hill to the east to get on that level.
• Search at the base of the pillar (in the water on the western side) that supports the arch to find a [SORETOOTH RING].
• If you follow the western beach to the north, you'll reach a cave, hidden by a waterfall running over it. Inside are many crabs that give gameplay tips, but there's also a chest with a [FISHBURGER] inside, and a hidden green chest on the far west side; position yourself next to the pillar, near the moss-covered rocks and look north to collect its [WATER BOMB GEM].
• Approaching the town in the middle of the island, first travel slightly east/northeast from the center and search the grassy part without trees (nearby the river) to find a [DRYAD'S SPEAR], an excellent weapon that drains 10% of the enemy's healh with every hit.
When you're done talking to crustaceans and collecting treasures, return to your ship, then proceed directly northwest and into the forest to find out what Drippy was so worried about. You'll then find out your next destination, so continue just a bit more north to enter the Fairyground!