The following Master Items List was created to present the complete list of objects in the game -- with the first half being focused upon user-created (crafted) objects, and the second half being "found" items and objects naturally occurring in the world and which you will use to create other objects.
It is the case with some crafted items and objects that they can also be "found" items or objects - for example Arrows, Bones, and Feathers can be found on the ground at each sunrise where a light-sensitive mob was made to disintegrate, leaving behind those possessions that are not light-sensitive.
Also note that the item/object called "String" and the item/object called Spider Silk are the same item/object.
Part I: Crafted and Utility Items
Objects Build Menu Items
The following list of items are crafted using the Crafting Table, via its Objects Menu.
Dyed Wool Crafting
- Bed (x3 Wooden Boards + x3 Wool) Creates x1 Bed
- Birch Planks (x1 Birch Block) Creates x4 Birch Planks
- Birch Stairs (x6 Birch Planks) Creates x4 Birch Stairs
- Birch Wooden Slab (x3 Birch Planks) x6 Birch Wooden Slab
- Chest (x8 Wooden Boards) Creates x1 Chest.
- Clay (x4 Clay Balls) Creates x1 Clay Block
- Crafting Table (x4 Wooden Boards) Creates x1 Crafting Table.
- Fence (x6 Sticks) Creates x3 Fence Units.
- Fence Gate (x2 Wooden Boards + x4 Sticks) Creates x1 Wooden Gate.
- Furnace (x8 Cobblestone) Creates x1 Furnace.
- Glass Pane (x6 Glass Blocks) Creates x1 Glass Pane
- Glowstone (x4 Glowstone Dust) Creates x1 Glowstone Block.
- Jack O' Lantern (x1 Torch + x1 Pumpkin) Creates x1 Jack O'Lantern
- Ladder (x7 Sticks) Creates x1 Ladder.
- Nether Reactor Core (x3 Diamond + x6 Iron Ingots) Creates x1 Nether Reactor
- Oak Planks (x1 Oak Block) Creates x4 Oak Planks
- Oak Stairs (x6 Wooden Boards) Creates x4 Oak Stairs.
- Oak Wooden Slab (x3 Wooden Boards) Creates x6 Oak Wooden Slabs.
- Snow Block (x4 Snow Balls) Creates x1 Snow Block
- Spruce Planks (x1 Spruce Block) Creates x4 Spruce Planks
- Spruce Stairs (x6 Spruce Planks) Creates x4 Spruce Stairs
- Spruce Wooden Slab (x3 Spruce Planks) Creates x6 Spruce Wooden Slabs
- Stick (x2 Wooden Boards) Creates x4 Sticks.
- Stonecutter (x4 Cobblestone) Creates x1 Stonecutter.
- Trapdoor (x6 Wooden Boards) Creates x2 Trapdoors
- Wooden Door (x6 Wooden Boards) Creates x1 Wooden Door
- Black Wool Block (x1 Wool Block + x1 Ink Sac) Creates x1 Black Wool Block
- Blue Light Wool Block (x1 Wool Block / x1 Light Blue Dye) Creates x1 Blue Light Wool Block
- Blue Wool Block (x1 Wool Block / x1 Lapis Lazuli) Creates x1 Blue Wool Block
- Brown Wool Block (x1 Wool Block + x1 Cocoa Beans) Creates x1 Brown Wool Block
- Cyan Wool Block (x1 Wool / x1 Cyan Dye) Creates x1 Cyan Wool Block
- Gray Wool Block (x1 Wool Block + x1 Gray Dye) Creates x1 Gray Wool Block
- Green Wool Block (x1 Wool / x1 Cactus Piece) Creates x1 Green Wool Block
- Light Gray Wool Block (x1 Wool Block + x1 Light Gray Dye) Creates x1 Light Gray Wool Block
- Lime Wool Block (x1 Wool / x1 Lime Dye) Creates x1 Lime Wool Block
- Magenta Wool Block (x1 Wool / x1 Magenta Dye) Creates x1 Magenta Wool Block
- Orange Wool Block (x1 Wool / x1 Orange Dye) Creates x1 Orange Wool Block
- Pink Wool Block (x1 Wool / x1 Pink Dye) Creates x1 Pink Wool Block
- Purple Wool Block (x1 Wool / x1 Purple Dye) Creates x1 Purple Wool Block
- Red Wool Block (x1 Wool / x1 Red Dye) Creates x1 Red Wool Block
- Wool Block (Plain White Sheared Wool + Light Gray Dye) Creates x1 Wool Block
- Wool Block (x4 String) Creates x1 Wool Block
- Yellow Wool Block (x1 Wool / x1 Yellow Dye) Creates x1 Yellow Wool Block
Tools Menu Items
The following list of items are crafted using the Crafting Table, via its Tools Menu.
- Arrows (x1 Stick + x1 Feather + x1 Flint) Creates x4 Units.
- Bow (x3 Stick + x3 String) Creates x1 Units.
- Bucket (x3 Iron Ingot) Creates x1 Units.
- Clock (x4 Gold Ingots + x1 Redstone Powder) Creates x1 Units.
- Compass (x4 Iron Ingots + x1 Redstone Powder) Creates x1 Units.
- Diamond Axe (x3 Diamond + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Diamond Hoe (x2 Diamond + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Diamond Pickaxe (x3 Diamond + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Diamond Shovel (x1 Diamond + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Diamond Sword (x2 Diamond + x1 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Flint and Steel (x1 Iron Ingot + x1 Flint) Creates x1 Units.
- Golden Axe (x3 Gold Ingot + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Golden Hoe (x2 Gold Ingot + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Golden Pickaxe (x3 Gold Ingot + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Golden Shovel (x1 Gold Ingot + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Golden Sword (x2 Gold Ingot + x1 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Iron Axe (x3 Iron Ingot + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Iron Hoe (x2 Iron Ingot + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Iron Pickaxe (x3 Iron Ingot + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Iron Shovel (x1 Iron Ingot + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Iron Sword (x2 Iron Ingot + x1 Stick) Creates x1Units.
- Minecart (x5 Iron Ingots) Creates x1 Units
- Powered Rail (x6 Gold Ingots + x2 Wooden Sticks + x1 Redstone Dust) Creates x6 Units
- Rail (x6 Iron Ingots + x2 Wooden Sticks) Creates x16 Units.
- Shears (x2 Iron Ingot) Creates x1 Units.
- Stone Axe (x3 Cobblestone + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Stone Hoe (x2 Cobblestone + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Stone Pickaxe (x3 Cobblestone + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Stone Shovel (x1 Cobblestone + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Stone Sword (x2 Cobblestone + x1 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- TNT (x4 Sand + x5 Gunpowder) Creates x1 Units.
- Torch (x1 Charcoal + x1 Stick) Creates x4 Units.
- Torch (x1 Coal + x1 Stick) Creates x4 Units.
- Wooden Axe (x3 Wooden Boards + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Wooden Hoe (x2 Wooden Boards + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Wooden Pickaxe (x3 Wooden Boards + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Wooden Shovel (x1 Wooden Boards + x2 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
- Wooden Sword (x2 Wooden Boards + x1 Stick) Creates x1 Units.
Food and Armor Menu Items
The following list of items are crafted using the Crafting Table, via its Food and Armor Menu.
- Beetroot Soup (x1 Bowl + x4 Beets) Creates x1 Units.
- Bowl (x3 Wooden Boards) Creates x4 Unit.
- Bread (x3 Wheat) Creates x1 Unit.
- Cake (x3 Wheat + x3 Milk Buckets + x1 Egg + x2 Sugar) Creates x1 Unit.
- Diamond Boots (x4 Diamond) Creates x1 Unit.
- Diamond Chestplate (x8 Diamond) Creates x1 Unit.
- Diamond Helmet (x5 Diamond) Creates x1 Unit.
- Diamond Leggings (x7 Diamond) Creates x1 Unit.
- Golden Boots (x4 Gold Ingots) Creates x1 Unit.
- Golden Chestplate (x8 Gold Ingots) Creates x1 Unit.
- Golden Helmet (x5 Gold Ingots) Creates x1 Unit.
- Golden Leggings (x7 Gold Ingots) Creates x1 Unit.
- Iron Boots (x4 Iron Ingots) Creates x1 Unit.
- Iron Chestplate (x8 Iron Ingots) Creates x1 Unit.
- Iron Helmet (x5 Iron Ingots) Creates x1 Unit.
- Iron Leggings (x7 Iron Ingots) Creates x1 Unit.
- Leather Boots (x4 Leather) Creates x1 Unit.
- Leather Cap (x5 Leather) Creates x1 Unit.
- Leather Pants (x7 Leather) Creates x1 Unit.
- Leather Tunic (x8 Leather) Creates x1 Unit.
- Melon (x9 Melon Slices) Creates x1 Unit.
- Melon Seeds (x1 Melon Slice) Creates xX Unit.
- Mushroom Stew (x1 Brown Mushroom + x1 Red Mushroom + x1 Wooden Bowl) Creates x1 Unit.
- Pumpkin Pie (x1 Pumpkin + x1 Egg + x1 Sugar) Creates x1 Unit.
- Pumpkin Seeds (x1 Pumpkin) Creates x4 Pumpkin Seeds
- Sugar (x1 Sugar Cane) Creates x1 Unit.
- Wheat (x1 Bale of Hay) Creates 9 Units.
Decorations & Misc Menu Items
The following list of items are crafted using the Crafting Table, via its Decorations & Misc Menu.
- Block of Coal (x9 Coal) Creates x1 Unit
- Block of Diamond (x9 Diamond) Creates x1 Unit
- Block of Gold (x9 Gold Ingots) Creates x1 Unit
- Block of Iron (x9 Iron Ingots) Creates x1 Unit
- Book (x3 Paper) Creates x1 Unit
- Bookshelf (x6 Wooden Boards / x3 Books) Creates x1 Unit
- Carpet (x2 Wool Blocks - Any Color) Creates 1 Unit.
- Coal (x1 Coal Block) Creates 9 Units.
- Diamond (x1 Diamond Block) Creates 9 Units.
- Gold Ingot (x1 Gold Block) Creates 9 Units.
- Hay Bale (x9 Wheat) Creates x1 Unit.
- Iron Bars (x6 Iron Ingots) Creates x1 Unit.
- Iron Ingot (x1 Iron Block) Creates 9 Units.
- Lapis Lazuli Block (x9 Lapis Lazuli) Creates 1 Unit.
- Painting (x1 Wool + x8 Sticks) Creates x1 Unit.
- Paper (x3 Sugar Cane) Creates x3 Units
- Sign (x6 Wooden Boards / x1 Stick) Creates x1 Unit
- Bone Meal (x1 Bone) Creates x3 Units.
- Cocoa Beans (x1 Ink Sac + x1 Orange Dye) Create x1 Unit
- Cocoa Beans (x1 Ink Sac + x1 Dandelion Dye + Rose Red) Create x1 Unit
- Cyan Dye (x1 Cactus / x1 Lapis) Create x1 Unit
- Dandelion Yellow (x1 Yellow Flower) Create x1 Unit
- Gray Dye (x1 Ink Sac + x1 Bone Meal) Creates x1 Unit.
- Lapis Lazuli ((x1 Lapis Block) Create x9 Units.
- Light Blue Dye (x1 Lapis + x1 Bone Meal) Create x1 Unit
- Light Gray Dye (x1 Gray Dye + x1 Bone Meal) Creates x1 Unit.
- Light Gray Dye (x1 Ink Sac + x2 Bone Meal) Creates x1 Unit.
- Lime Dye (x1 Cactus + x1 Bone Meal) Create x1 Unit
- Magenta Dye (x1 Purple Dye + x1 Pink Dye) Create x1 Unit
- Magenta Dye (x1 Rose Red + x1 Lapis + x1 Pink Dye) Create x1 Unit
- Magenta Dye (x2 Rose Red + x1 Lapis + x1 Bone Meal) Create x1 Unit
- Orange Dye (x1 Rose Red + x1 Dandelion Yellow) Create x1 Unit
- Pink Dye (x1 Rose Red + x1 Bone Meal) Create x1 Unit
- Purple Dye (x1 Rose Red + x1 Lapis) Create x1 Unit
- Rose Red Dye (x1 Beet) Create x1 Unit.
Furnace Menu Items
The following items / objects are crafted using the Furnace. Note that unlike the other crafting stations the Furnace does not include a list-type menu of the objects or items that can be crafted using it.
Note that you CAN use your furnace not only to convert Wood Blocks to Coal, but you can also convert Coal to Charcoal or Charcoal to Coal by placing either one into any slot then adding in the other!
Resource Furnace Recipes
Food Furnace Recipes
- Brick (x1 Clay Ball) Creates x1 Unit.
- Cactus Green Dye (x1 Cactus Block) Creates x1 Unit.
- Charcoal (x1 Wood Block - any type) Creates x1 Unit
- Charcoal (x1 Coal) Creates x1 Unit.
- Coal (x1 Charcoal) Creates x1 Unit.
- Glass Blocks (x1 Sand) Creates x1 Unit.
- Gold Ingot (x1 Gold Ore) Creates x1 Unit.
- Iron Ingot (x1 Iron Ore) Creates x1 Unit.
- Nether Brick (x1 Netherrack) Creates x1 Unit.
- Stone Block (x1 Cobblestone Block) Creates x1 Unit.
- Baked Potato (x1 Potato + x1 Heat Source) Creates x1 Unit.
- Cooked Chicken (x1 Raw Chicken) Creates x1 Unit.
- Cooked Porkchop (x1 Raw Porkchop) Created x1 Unit.
- Steak (x1 Raw Beef) Creates x1 Units.
Stonecutter Menu Items
The following list of items are crafted using the Stonecutter, via its Menu.
- Block of Quartz (x4 Quartz) Creates x1 Unit.
- Brick Stairs (x6 Brick Blocks) Creates x4 Units.
- Bricks Block (x4 Bricks) Creates x1 Unit.
- Bricks Slab (x2 Brick Blocks) Creates x6 Units.
- Chiseled Quartz Block (x2 Quartz Slabs) Creates x1 Unit.
- Cobblestone Slab (x3 Cobblestone Blocks) Creates x6 Units.
- Cobblestone Wall (x6 Cobblestone Blocks) Creates x6 Unis.
- Nether Brick (x4 Nether Brick) Creates x1 Unit.
- Nether Brick Stairs (x6 Nether Blocks) Creates x4 Unit.
- Pillar Quartz Block (x2 Quartz Blocks) Creates x1 Unit.
- Quartz Slab (x3 Quartz Blocks) Creates x6 Units.
- Sand Stone Stairs (x6 Sandstone) Creates x4 Units.
- Sandstone Block (x4 Sand Blocks) Creates x1 Unit.
- Sandstone Block (x4 Sandstone) Creates x1 Unit.
- Sandstone (x2 Sandstone Slabs) Creates x1 Unit.
- Sandstone Slab (x3 Sandstone Blocks) Creates x6 Units.
- Stone Brick Stairs (x6 Stone Blocks) Creates x4 Units.
- Stone Bricks (x4 Cobblestone) Creates x4 Units.
- Stone Bricks Slab (x3 Stone Blocks) Creates x6 Units.
- Stone Slab (x3 Cobblestone) Creates x6 Units.
Part II -- "Found" Items and Objects
The following objects and items make up the second group of "found" items and objects as they are not crafted items or objects. A "found" item/object can be used in crafting as a resource but it does not automatically have that status.
To make this more useful the objects are broken up by type...
Blocks and Material
Naturally occurring objects that tend to take block form (but then almost everything in the game does) and that usually serve multiple functions as environmental objects and recourse sources.
The blocks found at the very bottom of the world, in addition to letting you know you have reached the botom of the world it is also a completely indestructible object that cannot be broken or destroyed.
- Bedrock (Invisible)
A special type of bedrock block that exists on the edges of the world to keep you from moving past it but is invisible so you can still see the sky.
- Coal Block
Used as a means of storing large amounts of Coal, this compact form is created by crafting 9 lumps of coal into a block. It is also one of the most efficient sources of fuel for smelting, because if you use the 9 lumps of coal separately they will smelt a total of 72 items (a lump of Coal will smelt 8 items) using the block form you can smelt 80 items.
A deposit found in nature near water sources, when it is mined Clay breaks down into Clay Balls, which can then be used for making Bricks.
- Clay Ball
Obtained from Clay deposits, this object can be smelted to make clay Bricks.
- Clay Block
Created by crafting 4 Clay Balls, when it is placed in the Furnace and smelted it creates a Hardened Clay Block, which can then by colored using dyes for use in decorating your home.
- Coal Ore
Encountered in stone deposits at every level of the world, Coal Ore has a distinct appearance as it is rick spotted with coal. Breaking up the ore will result in obtaining a random number of Coal Lumps.
The basic building block that is acquired by using a pickaxe on stone. Cobblestone can be smelted to turn it back into Stone Blocks, which are harder than Cobblestone and better resist the force of a Creeper exploding.
- Dead Bush
Strictly a decoration item in the game, these can be found "growing" in sandy areas and can be collected by using shears on them -- like flowers they can be used to decorate your yard / house.
Obtained by mining Diamond Ore with an Iron Pickaxe (or above) this is considered to be the most valuable resource in the game largely due to its use in creating the most durable tools and weapons, as well as the strongest armor.
- Diamond Block
Created by crafting 9 Diamonds, Diamond Blocks are said to be one of the most efficient methods for storing large amounts of Diamonds - though really we should be so lucky as to have so many Diamonds that we need to be able to store large amounts! They also make seriously bling decorating objects you might want to use for walls in your home if MTV's Cribs comes calling.
- Diamond Ore
Encountered at lower levels in the world Diamond Ore is, naturally, where you get Diamonds from! A lot of time will be spent looking for it, but be sure you have an Iron Pick or better when you try to mine it as otherwise you will destroy the block and not obtain any Diamonds.
- Dirt Block
Probably the most common object in the game, Dirt Blocks also happen to be among the most important because without them we could not obtain seeds, grow things, or have a nice green grass lawn. Just saying.
- Glowstone Block
In the other versions of the game these are found in the Nether Region, but as there is no Nether in PE they are obtained by crafting Glowstone Dust, which is obtained from the Nether Generator. A source of light in the game, Glowstone Blocks are often used as a more fashionable light source rather than Torches.
- Glowstone Dust
Obtained from the Nether Reactor, 4 Glowstone Dust can be used to craft a single Glowstone Block, but care should be taken in converting Blocks back into Dust due to the fact that there is a slight loss in the process, as a broken Block never produces sufficient quantity of Dust to craft another Block.
- Gold Blocks
Encountered in the bottom 32 layers of the world, Gold Blocks can be mined using an Iron Pick or better to obtain Gold Ore.
- Gold Ore
Encountered in the depths of the world throughout the bottom 32 layers, it is one of the more valuable resources in the game, mining Gold Blocks with an Iron Pickaxe or better will obtain a random number of Gold Ore (usually 6 to 8) and smelting the ore in a Furnace will obtain Gold Ingots, which are a basic crafting ingredient for a wide array of objects in the game.
- Grass Block
This is a Dirt Block that has Grass growing on top of it. Especially valuable as a source for seeds, they also make your lawn look nice.
The only source for Flint, which is obtained by mining Gravel. While it is not a good building material due to its unstable nature, it is useful for making walking paths and decoration, for gardening, and can be stockpiled for later processing to create Flints for other crafting.
- Ice Block
Found in bodies of water in cold climates, so far there is no known crafting use for the block and it cannot be harvested intact.
- Iron Ore
Smelted to make Iron Ingots, which are a core material and resourced for crafting in every version of the game, while it is not as difficult to find as Diamonds, I would not exactly describe it as easy to find either.
- Lapis Lazuli Ore
Found underground, Lapis Ore is very easy to spot as it is peppered with the blue stone. Used mostly for making dyes, when turned into blocks it makes a nice floor tiling material.
One of the more difficult to find substances, when you do locate a Lava source block it can be stored in a Bucket and used as a heat source or fuel, as well as for building devices that require one.
- Moss Stone
A type of Cobblestone with Moss growing on it, these are anecdotally useful in that when placed the moss always points in the same direction -- north.
- Mossy Cobblestone Wall
A wall made from Moss Stone.
The uber-rare resource obtained from the Neterrack Reactor. Used for special crafting.
Used as a building material because of its very high resistance to explosive damage, it is the second toughest material in the game. It is also used for constructing Nether Portals and Enchantment Tables in most versions of the game. It is created when Water touches a Lava Source Block. Mining Obsidian requires a Diamond Pick.
The most common source for Obsidian in PE is by mining it after the Nether Reactor shuts down, as a bunch of it forms around it after that point.
- Obsidian, Glowing
In PE when a Netherreactor is spawned the gold and obsidian from its construction turns into this.
- Quartz Block
Crafted from Nether Quartz, these blocks are used for decoration.
- Quartz Slab
A decorative object crafted from Quartz Blocks.
- Quartz Stairs
Crafted from Quartz Blocks.
- Redstone Ore
Mined in the lower levels of the world, this is the source for Redstone Dust, which is used for creating devices and powered crafted objects in the game.
An abundant resource often found near water or in desert, Sand is used to make Glass and when combined, Sandstone.
- Sandstone Block
AAn attractive decorative object crafted from Sand.
Found on the ground and on Ice, it can be collected to make Snowballs.
- Stone Block
The basic material from which Cobblestone is obtained via mining with Picks of all types.
- Tall Grass
While it grows naturally you can use Bonemeal on Grass Blocks to grow it. It is also a reliable source for seeds.
A common resource in the game, it is useful for growing plants, swimming, and mixing with Whiskey. Well, OK the first two in the game not the third.
Obtaining a Water Source Block in a Bucket is very useful since it will flood an area, and Water will destroy Tall Grass and other plants, which means you can use it to harvest Seeds over a large field by placing the Source Block, letting it flood then putting the Source Block back in the Bucket.
While many of these are food items (or can be made into food items) the thing that groups them together is that they are all organic objects. Well, that is sufficient for our purposes, which is to make the sorting a bit easier on the mind for grouping.
Obtained from mining Tree Leave Blocks, this is a rare result -- Saplings in comparison are much more common.
In addition to being the common ingredient in Rose Red Dye, it is also the primary ingredient in Beetroot Soup.
- Beetroot Seeds
The Seeds used to grow Beetroot are obtained in exactly the same way as Wheat Seeds - from grass.
Found on the ground after mobs die in the morning and looted, Bone is a valuable resource because it can be crafted into Bonemeal.
Obtained by breaking up Cactus, this is used in creating green dye.
Obtained as a rare drop from mobs - you are most likely to encounter it laying on the ground in the morning. It can be planted to grow more of the same.
- Cyan Flower
Encountered growing in the wild, they can be harvested and replanted as a home decoration.
Laid by Chickens, they are a crafting ingredient for certain food items as well as the mechanism through which baby Chickens are obtained.
A plant that is found in the overland.
- Birch Tree
With its distinctive White Bark and lighter shade of wood, this is less common than Oak in the Overland.
Found in Jungle Biomes, as loot and grown from Seeds found in Dungeons and Mineshafts, Melons are a good food source.
- Melon Seeds
Created by crafting Melon Slices. These are used to grow more Melons!
- Mushroom, Brown
Found in areas with light level of 12 or below, Mushrooms are never encountered in direct sunlight in the Overland. Brown are the more common type.
- Mushroom, Red
Found in areas with light level of 12 or below, Mushrooms are never encountered in direct sunlight in the Overland. Red are the rarer type.
- Oak Tree
Oak Trees are a more common type, and produce Oak as well as Oak Tree Saplings. They have dark brown bark and produce a pleasing brown wood.
Obtained as a rare drop from mobs - you are most likely to encounter it laying on the ground in the morning. It can be planted to grow more of the same.
A vine-grown plant (more than one can result from a single vine), Pumpkins had fairly limited value and use until the addition of Pumpkin Pie to the game.
- Pumpkin Seeds
Obtained by crafting Pumpkins.
- Spruce Tree
More common than Oak, they are also a source for wood.
Seeds for Wheat are obtained by using a How on Grass, and when grown fully (when the plant turns brown) they are harvested and used to make Bread.
- Yellow Flower
Encountered growing in the wild, they can be harvested and replanted as a home decoration.
Resource Objects (Requiring Action)
The heading for this group is a bit misleading because some objects apply in the strictest sense of the definition and some do not. For example while feathers are a found object (dropped when mobs disintegrate) they are also obtained by killing Chickens. Leaves are on trees but are also obtained by harvesting them from trees as are saplings which grow into trees. I make no excuses for this, it is what it is.
Obtained wither as loot on the ground in the morning after mobs die, or by killing Chickens, the most common use for Feathers is for making arrows - the ammunition used by Bows.
Used for making arrows and for making the Flint & Steel Tool, these are obtained by mining Gravel.
Obtained as loot drops from Creepers you kill - and the reason why a failed encounter with a Creeper is so explosive! This is used in crafting TNT.
Obtained from Trees using Sheers, these are a decorative item (so far).
- Raw Beef
Obtained from killing Cows, it can be broiled in the Furnace to make Steaks.
- Raw Chicken
Obtained from killing Chickens, it can be broiled in the Furnace to make Cooked Chicken.
- Raw Porkchop
Obtained from killing Pigs, it can be broiled in the Furnace for making Cooked Pork.
- Sapling (All Types)
Obtained by mining tree leaves, these are used to grow more trees of the type it is obtained from.
Obtained by killing Spiders, it can be woven into Wool or used to make Bows.
- Sugar Cane
Obtained from river and lake banks, it is used for making Sugar and Paper.
- Wool (All Colors)
This naturally occurs in a variety of colors and shades in Sheep - and can be obtained either using Shears (which allows you to harvest it from Sheep more than once) or by killing the Sheep (which does not).
This class is small - but I expect it to get bigger -- but for now it holds only the two objects that are found in dungeons -- perhaps the single most sought-after thing in the game thanks to being the only place that dungeon chests (and therefore saddles) can be found. Why is that important? Well because you cannot ride a pig without a saddle of course!
A dungeon by the way really is what the naturally-occurring caverns full of mobs (and with luck a chest) are actually called in the game.
- Chest (Dungeon)
Treasure is found in these - included the very rare Saddle that is required for riding Pigs - but they are notoriously difficult to find because they are very very rare.
Used for riding Pigs. And only for riding Pigs.
The process of creating new versions of the game on new platforms begins with creating as simple and functional a version as possible, and then slowly adding new features to it in an established expansion plan that has traditionally been used for all of the previous versions, and the Pocket Edition is no exception to this rule.