Battle Tower Tips
If you're having trouble in the Battle Tower, I've got quite a few tips and some of my very own strategies I use.
The first 35 wins are pretty easy for the follow reasons
1. The opposing Pokemon doesn't hold any extremely powerful items like Liechi Berries, Ganlon Berries, Salac Berries, Petaya Berries, Apicot Berries, Scope Lens, etc. These items aren't a threat during your first 35 consecutive wins.
2. Pokemon like Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Latios, and Latias aren't used against you.
3. The opposing Pokemon generally hold basic items like Sitrus, and other easy to get berries.
4. Pokemon don't use very powerful moves like hyper beam, selfdestruct, and explosion.
After 35 consecutive wins the battles get harder for the following reasons.
1. Pokemon do use very powerful hold-items.
2. Rare super strong Pokemon appear.
3. Powerful attacks are used.
4. Opponents seem to be a little bit smarter.
After 50 consecutive wins, it is far harder because the above reasons are used in extremes.
Tips and Strategies
Since the most powerful Pokemon attacks are generally normal-type moves, use a rock, steel, or ghost type Pokemon in your team. These Pokemon may survive the feared Explosion attack with some HP. Ghost types normally don't recieve damage from those normal-type attacks.
Develop a strategy and for those who are clueless, here a few of my favorites
Have a Pokemon use Perish Song and then switch to Wobuffet or a Pokemon with the move Mean Look, Block, or Spider Web. The opponent will be forced to stay out until their Perish count reaches 0 and faints.
Have a Shedinja hold Bright Powder. It should know the Protect to defend from attacks you know or you think are coming to it. Bright Powder is what I call a last defense for the moves that can hit.
Ah, here's a nasty trick to use, even against your friends. Have a Pokemon hold a Salac or other berry that raises your stats and once you use it, use a move that will restore your strength. You should be able to use that to live longer.
Also my 2 favorite Pokemon to use in Battle Tower are Alakazam and Tyranitar. My Pokedex, not to brag is 377 Pokemon out of 386 total. So I raise Pokemon that are hard to get. Well hope this helps.
Added by: Nintendo Fan Nov 5th 2006, ID#9620