BREAKING NEWS: Emerald Cloning Glitch
As can be determined from the title, it is actually possible to clone Pokémon on the English version of Pokémon Emerald.
- Go to the Battle Tower in the Battle Frontier.
Go to the PC and save your progress.
- Deposit the Pokémon you wish to clone in an empty box by selecting Deposit Pokémon.
- Log out and save again. Now access the PC again and withdraw the Pokémon you deposited.
- Without saving, go over to the attendant hosting the Link Multi Battle tournament (the one farthest right). Confirm that you want to challenge and select your two Pokémon.
- When the attendant says she needs to save the game, respond 'Yes'.
The game will freeze for two seconds. Once the game starts running again, turn off your Game Boy Advance and then turn it on again. Do NOT save the game at this point.
- The Pokémon you deposited and withdrew will appear in both your party and the PC.
I have started a thread here
to discuss the glitch. This cheat was discovered by POKETAZ of Serebii Forums.
Added by: Cross Stinger Aug 14th 2006, ID#8991