How to Transfer Data Between SD Cards
Published by SuperCheats Staff on Sep 2nd 2013
- Do not modify, delete or move files in the Nintendo 3DS folder. Consider this as your console's important system folder
- Do not overwrite data in the same SD card by recopying them
- Do not use saved data from an old card after transferring
- SDHC cards (by default you'll have one SDHC card that came along with your Nintendo DS)
- USB SD card reader (If your PC or laptop has a built-in SD card reader, you can use that instead)
Example of an SDHC card and card reader
How to do it
- Insert the SD card you want to copy (source) to the SD card reader /slot
- Open Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and find the SD Card there.
- If you're copying the whole SD card, just right-click on the SD card and select Copy. If not, you have to select the data you want to move.
- Paste the data somewhere you can easily find. Since this is just temporary, you can place it in a folder on the Desktop.
- Eject the SD card, then remove it from the slot/ reader.
- Insert the other SD card (destination) to the SD card reader/ slot
- If this is an old/used card that contained other data, you need to format it.
- If this is a brand new SD card, you don't need to format it.
- Find the data you have moved/ copied then copy them all to the new SDcard